|Add a new lesson / test|
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #377: Acronyms II
- Absent Without Leave - often used in the military
The military police were searching the area for the soldier who had gone AWOL.
- Bachelor of Arts - from a university
My brother has received a BA in economics from his university.
- Bed and Breakfast - a small inn or hotel that serves breakfast
My sister wants to open a small B&B when she quits her job.
- Break and Enter - a criminal act of breaking into a house or building to steal something
When I was going to university there was a B&E in my apartment.
- Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato - a type of sandwich
We went into the restaurant and ordered a BLT sandwich.
- Body Odor - smell of sweat from the human body
The BO from the man in the elevator was very bad.
- Bullshit - lies or other information that is false
We heard a lot of BS at the meeting last night which nobody believed.
English exercise "Acronyms II" created by webmaster with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: Acronyms II
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Abbreviations and acronyms... | All our lessons and exercises