Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #406: Initials / Acronyms III
Initials / Acronyms III
- Compact Disc
The price of CDs has recently begun to decrease.
- Chief Executive Officer
My uncle was the CEO of a large computer company.
- Central Intelligence Agency - US spy and security organization
The CIA was involved in the efforts to free the hostage.
- Care Of
I didn't know my friend's address so I sent a letter to him C/O another friend of mine.
- Cash On Delivery - used when a delivery person receives cash when they deliver something
I decided to send away for some video cassettes and the company said that they would send them to me COD.
- Certified Public Accountant
The woman in our accounting department has been studying for her CPA exams for three months.
I went to a DIY store and bought the materials to build a bed.
- Disc Jockey
My cousin worked in the summer as a DJ while he was going to university.
- Deoxyribonucleic Acid - main constituent of the chromosomes of all organisms
The large university has spent a lot of money in the study of DNA.
- Driving Under the Influence
The man was sent to jail for several months on a charge of DUI.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Initials / Acronyms III
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Abbreviations and acronyms... | All our lessons and exercises