|Add a new lesson / test|
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #698: Acronyms V
- Government Issue - stamped on US military equipment and often means US soldier
The man went to the store and bought a GI Joe doll for his son. GMT
- Greenwich Mean Time - a place in England used as the standard for time around the world
The rocket will be launched at 10:00 AM tomorrow GMT.
- Gross National Product - the total value of goods and services produced by a country in one year
The GNP of the country that I visited last year has been decreasing for several years.
- General Practitioner - a general doctor
I went to see a GP when I broke my leg last summer.
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus
The rate of HIV infection among drug users is very high.
The HQ of the company is located in a small town in Korea.
- International Monetary Fund - an international agency that works to stabilize currencies etc.
The IMF imposed very strict currency guidelines that many people were opposed to.
- I Owe You - a signed paper saying that you owe money to someone
I gave my friend an IOU when I bought his stereo.
- Intelligence Quotient - a measure of a person's intelligence
The IQ of the new student is very high.
- Justice of the Peace
They went to a JP when they decided to get married.
English exercise "Acronyms V" created by webmaster with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: Acronyms V
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Abbreviations and acronyms... | All our lessons and exercises