|Add a new lesson / test|
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #109249: There is / are, and other forms...
There is / are, and other forms...
1) There is + singular ; there are + plural; there 's a singular short form.
ex : There's a man => There are two men.
2) There + to be can be built in all the tenses.
3) The affirmative and negative forms are built very simply :
- Affirmative Form = the subject /verb inversion: Will there be rain tomorrow?
- Negative Form = addition of 'not': There won't be rain tomorrow.
4) 'There + to be' can be associated with a modal :
5) 'There used to be' expresses a difference between the present and the past :
ex : There used to be a ferry here, but now, they have built a bridge.
That's it ! Ready for the test, now !
English exercise "There is / are, and other forms..." created by here4u with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: There is / are, and other forms...
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : BE, HAVE, DO, DID, WAS... | Plural | There is/There are | All our lessons and exercises