|Add a new lesson / test|
Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #111110: How often? How many times?
How often? How many times?
1) HOW OFTEN ... ? = an adverb of frequency. It's used to ask question about the frequency of an event.
- How often do you go to the cinema?
- I don't know how often he should read a book.
* The answers to this question are very often following the same expressions:
- every + noun: minute/ day/ week/ month/ year/ decade/ century...
- every other day/ every other weekend = every two days/ every three weekends => every five years...
- once a day ( = X 1 ; notice the indefinite article)
Twice a week.(X 2); then, the frequency is expressed in a ‘regular way' = three times a month/ four times a term/ six times a year....
- always/ (very) often/ sometimes/ occasionally/ seldom/ usually/ hardly ever/rarely .)/ never.
2) HOW MANY TIMES ...? Most often a numeral adjective is found in the answer. The use of all the auxiliaries is possible with this expression.
- How many times have you seen your favourite film? 5 times.
- Tell me how many times you want me to take her to school. 4 times would enable me to rest a little.
Easy, isn't it? Come on, now, the test is for you!
English exercise "How often? How many times?" created by here4u with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: How often? How many times?
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : Adverbs | Speaking | All our lessons and exercises