|Add a new lesson / test|
Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #113239: Vocabulary: sight
Eyes, and sight give a lot of vocabulary and have an important part in our daily conversation.
1) The anatomy of the human eye:
2) Eyes, sight: basic vocabury:
3) What can my eyes do?
4) The different ways to look:
5) More vocabulary...
* A red-eye flight is any flight departing late at night and arriving early the next morning.( + the time difference!) The term red-eye comes from the fatigue symptom of having red eyes because of a lack of sleep.
6) ... and a few expressions...
A few idioms mention both people's eyes and sight!
- He did it in the twinkling of an eye = To do something very quickly.
- She was so pretty that all eyes were on her! = Everyone was looking at her...
- You're the apple of my eye! =You're very dear, precious to me!
- We have a bird's eye view! = A panoramic view, seen from far above.
- An eye for an eye ! = Some sort of revenge or retribution...
- Out of sight, out of mind! = Far from someone, you easily forget...
That was a very long lesson, but quite an easy one, after all! You just have to learn a little... You must be ready for the test... Go for it! I'm sure you'll do very well !
The online HTML Tidy code editor tool helps you organize your code easily in your browser without download or registration. It is absolutely free!
English exercise "Vocabulary: sight" created by here4u with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: Vocabulary: sight
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : Speaking | Making portraits, describing | Synonyms | All our lessons and exercises