Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #115119: Going to - About to
Going to - About to
1) To be GOING TO + verbal root: this way of expressing the future is commonly used in conversation. It expresses the speaker's intention, an action which has been planned, or a conviction he or she has. This future may have a link with the present, without any specification of time.
- After hesitating for long, we're going to buy this house by the sea.
- They're going to get married in two months.
2) To be ABOUT TO + verbal root: refers to the very near future indicating that an action is imminent or pending.
- Will you come again later, please? We're about to leave for an important appointment and can't be late.
There are no difficulties at all in this lesson! As one of you was writing, after reading it, you just have to stay focussed and the results of the test will be GREAT ! Good luck !
English exercise "Going to - About to" created by here4u with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: Going to - About to
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Future | All our lessons and exercises