|Add a new lesson / test|
Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #16116: Funny phrases
Some funny phrases:
5) huff and puff
6) snail mail
7) sneak peek
8) soft spot
9) white knight
And their meanings:
1) visibly relaxed
2) overly romantic
3) insipid or weak
4) a stupid or silly person
5) a) to breathe in a noisy way while moving with great difficulty
5) b) to make noisy but empty threats or objections
6) paper mail as opposed to email
7) a preview, especially of something not yet public
9) one that comes to the rescue, a saviour
10)in a random fashion
English exercise "Funny phrases" created by anonyme with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: Funny phrases
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Idioms | All our lessons and exercises