|Add a new lesson / test|
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #40296: Reflexive pronouns
Quelques Règles D'utilisation des Pronoms Réfléchis
The reflexive pronouns are :
Singular : Myself yourself himself /herself/itself
Plural : Ourselves yourselves themselves
We use the reflexive pronouns when the subject and object are the same .
I am looking myself at the mirror. I = Subject Myself = object
- It 's not our fault. You can't blame us.
- It's our own fault. We can blame ourselves.
We DO NOT use a reflexive pronoun after these verbs : meet, feel , relax , concentrate
- Do you feel excited ? not 'feel yourself excited'
- What time shall we meet ? not 'meet ourselves', not 'meet us'.
We normally use wash/ shave/ dress/ without a reflexive pronoun :
- He gets up, washes, shaves and dresses each morning. Not washes himself etc
BUT we say - I dried myself
English exercise "Reflexive pronouns" created by anonyme with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: Reflexive pronouns
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Pronouns | All our lessons and exercises