Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #75417: Table manners in England
Table manners in England
1) If you help your host to lay the table, you put the fork face up on the left of the plate.
2) If there are many knives or forks on the table when you start eating, you must use the knife or fork that is the farthest away from your plate.
3) When eating toast and marmalade for breakfast, you must eat the toast, then drink your coffee.
4) When drinking, it is rude to drink noisily.
5) When sitting at the table and waiting for your meal, you put your hands under the table on your lap.
6)If you have finished your soup, before the last spoonful, you tilt the soup bowl away from yourself.
7) Before eating a bread roll, you break it into pieces with your fingers.
8) You put the bread on a special side plate.
9) In England, it's not rude to eat all the food on your plate.
10) When you eat your peas you must hold the knife in your right hand, your fork in your left hand, and you push the peas onto the back of the fork.
English exercise "Table manners in England" created by anonyme with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: Table manners in England
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : The house | All our lessons and exercises