|Add a new lesson / test|
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #95349: It and There
It and There
How to use it?
1) use it+be to talk about time, temperature, distance
It is early morning.
2) use it+be as a preparatory subject before adjectives
It was great to hear from you.
3) to give an opinion about the place
It's very cold in here.
4) to describe the weather
It is cold.
How to use there?
1) use there+be+noun to say if people and things are present or exist (or not)
There used to be a cinema on this street.
2) to introduce a new topic
There has been an accident. I hope no one is hurt.
3) with numbers and quantities
There was a lot of rain last night.
4) with indefinite pronouns
There is nothing to do in the village.
5) in such use: quantity + to-infinitive
There is plenty to read in the flat.
English exercise "It and There" created by anonyme with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: It and There
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : Frequent mistakes | Pronouns | All our lessons and exercises