|Add a new lesson / test|
Click here to log in
4 million accounts created!
JOIN our free club and learn English now!
Get a free English lesson every week! 2 MILLION subscribers!
- English translator
- Our other sites
Learn English > English lessons and exercises > English test #95652: Expressions
* - To keep one's word ( to keep promise )
* - To hold one's tongue ( to remain silent )
* - To stand up to somebody ( to resist )
* - To bear a grudge against somebody for something ( to not forgive somebody for something, to have grievance)
* - To hold spellbound ( to keep somebody in suspense )
* - To hold out ( to continue to survive, to fight against somebody )
* - To be on the right track ( to be on the good way )
* - To play gooseberry ( to be the third person at a date )
* - To hold the purse strings ( to be in charge of money)
* - To keep tabs on ( to look after somebody)
* - To be the apple of one's eyes ( to care for somebody )
* - To be hanging by a thread ( to be precarious)
* - To have a long run ( to put on a play a long time )
* - To write nothing but fillers ( to pad with news in brief)
* - To hold the floor (to monopolize the conversation )
English exercise "Expressions" created by eos17 with The test builder
Click here to see the current stats of this English test [Save] [Load] [?]
End of the free exercise to learn English: Expressions
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topic : Idioms | All our lessons and exercises