Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

What about your first gift at Christmas?
Message de lethidee posté le 24-11-2005 à 20:16:00 (S | E | F | I)

Hello everybody

In just one month, everywhere in the world we'll celebrate Christmas and it's really the great occasion to receive, specially the children, some gifts but do you remember your very first gift and who offered this specially one ?
Mine was a book with colored drawings about a condensed of "The Miserables" "Les Misérables" written by Victor Hugo and I remembered about a drawing of the Cosette's doll in the middle of this book. It was a great moment of emotion and I was 8 years old. I received this book from my parents.
It's a good memory for me.
See you

-------------------
Edité par traviskidd le 27-11-2005 06:03
We know this work only by its French name.

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de eliabel, postée le 25-11-2005 à 18:37:31 (S | E)
I don't remember what was my firtst gift for christmas was, nor who offered it to me!!! But I can tell you that little attentions are better than all the gifts which can be expensive... you know...I'm a kind of fetishist (I don't know if I can say that...) person!!!

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 26-11-2005 08:29

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de to-be-free, postée le 25-11-2005 à 20:41:45 (S | E)
Hi lethidee
I live in Besançon where this famous writer you told us about was born in 1802. His own house is still kept as a museum as well as the city cultural heritage. Opposite to the city hall, there is a big statue dedicated to this emblematic figure. So as you can see, as a dweller I couldn’t claim to any better gift than visiting this house.
See you
-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 26-11-2005 08:32

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de lethidee, postée le 25-11-2005 à 21:20:11 (S | E)
Hello

Thank you for your invitation Tobefree. I forgot that Victor Hugo was born at Besancon and it's funny but I have had the chance to travel very far from France but I don't know this town.
See you

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de to-be-free, postée le 25-11-2005 à 22:04:23 (S | E)
hello again
Might I add that my town is one of the oldest roman cities? It’s always well-protected by monument of Citadelle. The roman style is still then kept in even current official buildings. And there is a museum of time "Musée du temps”. At In this museum there are the first and oldest clocks made by great and well-known physicists like Galilee and Huygens in the 17th century. During legal holidays, it could be seen freely. Visiting our town is itself a gift!
-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 26-11-2005 08:38

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de lethidee, postée le 30-11-2005 à 07:05:36 (S | E)
Hello

Have you begun to decorate your home for Christmas and think to about the gifts for your friends and children ?
See you

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 30-11-2005 07:14

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de flyingtom, postée le 30-11-2005 à 09:49:15 (S | E)
I have started to think about it... but every year, the same question remains... which gift for who ?

I used to think about original presents for my friends and my parents... but this year... I stump !

Especially for my girlfriend... and the clock is turning around
A ring ? A necklace ? A book ? I actually don't know...

It would be done at the very last moment as ever

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de jean31, postée le 30-11-2005 à 10:20:05 (S | E)
Hello everybody,

Once upon a time ... Oh, sorry, I meant a long time ago, when I was about six, I remember receiving an orange for Christmas.
It may sound somewhat strange to you, younger people, but I can assure you an orange was quite a gift in those days. They used to be wrapped in tissue paper and unwrapping it was already a gift.
Then, what a colour, what a smell, what a taste at last ! It was a real feast and, still to this day, I am inevitably taken back many years whenever I see and smell oranges.
I wish you all lots of happy memories and a very merry Christmas.

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de whynot95, postée le 30-11-2005 à 11:58:05 (S | E)
I think Jean31 and I are the same age because I also used to receive an orange for Xmas when I was young. Now I eat 2 or 3 oranges a day!
I always love them!

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de trolleuse, postée le 30-11-2005 à 13:57:19 (S | E)
I can't remember my very first gift but I have a very nice memory.
When I was 10 I was crazy of a doll which could speak,cry,...When,that 24th December, I ran to see my presents under the Christmas tree, I only found a very little box, as big as a match box... I was so disappointed that I hardly wanted to open it. But when I finally decided to, I found 2 batteries...for my new doll...
That's really a great memory

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 30-11-2005 15:32

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de trolleuse, postée le 30-11-2005 à 14:10:05 (S | E)
and I 'm also used to get oranges but for St Nicholas day

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de lethidee, postée le 01-12-2005 à 07:06:38 (S | E)
Hello

When I was young, I remember that my grandparents told to me that if children were kind they would receive oranges but if they were not, they would be punished and receive coal.

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de woodyrun, postée le 05-12-2005 à 10:18:45 (S | E)
Hello !
I can't remember my very first Xmas gift, but what I can still vividly remember is the smell of the mandarins we were given at the Xmas school party when we were kids. All the children of all the village schools were gathered in the city hall. The mandarin was wrapped in a soft golden tissue paper and put in a crystal paper bag together with a bar of milk chocolate and a delicious sweet roll. While we were unwrapping the mandarin, we were shown a Xmas film, the very same film, year after year, but it didn't matter at all : the magic of Xmas was already there ! I can tell you, the smell of these mandarins will always be on my mind as a very very very lovely Xmas gift !

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de lethidee, postée le 05-12-2005 à 18:47:08 (S | E)
Hello woodryrun

Christmas is really an universal event of emotion and fraternity.
It's so magical to watch all these illuminations at home and outside, in the streets, on the front of houses and to have the possibility of sharing these rare moments of peace and best wishes for all people living with us everywhere in the world !
I remember also these scents of mandarine but we had fire in the chemney fireplace and my pleasure was to be sat sit in front of it, like a little cat and stayed still watching the fire and be so quiet and warmed.
See you

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 06-12-2005 07:48

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de lethidee, postée le 07-12-2005 à 07:06:49 (S | E)
Hello everybody

Have you written to Santa Claus to ask for your gifts ?
See you

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 07-12-2005 07:37

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de lethidee, postée le 21-12-2005 à 07:31:41 (S | E)
Hello everybody

Christmas'Eve is coming and I'm waiting for Santa Claus as every year.
I hope that he'll offer me a lot of courage and happiness all along 2006, a job and a good health for everybody all around this world.
Merry Christmas for to all the participants of this fantastic site

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 21-12-2005 07:50

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de traviskidd, postée le 21-12-2005 à 17:55:09 (S | E)
Since Santa Claus is a man, shouldn't he be called San Claus or Santo Claus?

Réponse: What about your first gift at Christmas? de lethidee, postée le 21-12-2005 à 19:06:56 (S | E)
Hello Travis

I hope so much that Santa Claus were be a woman ! Were would you be an anti feminist ?

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 22-12-2005 07:31

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux