Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

what's your favourite movie?
Message de mey-lin posté le 03-01-2006 à 17:53:05 (S | E | F | I)

I'm really into cinema and I'd like to know what which English, American (even French) movies you trully like
As for me,I love the French/ English movie: Leon (1994), a story about a killer (Jean Reno) who meets a 12 year-old girl (Nathalie Portman)

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 03-01-2006 17:55
This topic could be interesting only if you explain and develop your feelings about this story.Thank you for doing it.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de mey-lin, postée le 03-01-2006 à 18:20:03 (S | E)
I like this movie because this girl ,who feels so lonely because her family doesn't bother what she feels, finds a real but unexpected friend.
Leon is an Italian guy who can't read anything the girl ??? I don't understand , as more they get to know each other they come to be like a father and her girl daughter

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 05-01-2006 06:53

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de Bozo, postée le 06-01-2006 à 19:52:53 (S | E)
Hi!
My favorite film is "The fifth element". I watch this film since it's exist!
my second favorite film is "The day after tomorow"! This film is dazzling!

Réponse: Answer to Bozo de port58, postée le 07-01-2006 à 10:37:37 (S | E)
Hello Bozo,

Could you talk more about "the day after tomorrow" : did you see it in english version ?
My son (age 15 and a half) brought it yesterday at home but we didn't before see it even it's not a recent fim ...
Why did you enjoy it ?
Bye

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de amandine76, postée le 07-01-2006 à 12:06:16 (S | E)
My favorite movie is "Edward Scissorhands" by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder. Tim Burton is my favorite director, and Johnny Depp is my favorite actor. I have liked this movie since I am a little girl, and even if the years have passed, this movie still makes me cry and laugh... It is a beautiful movie!!! I also generally like old movies, from the 50s and so on... My favorite actress is Marilyn Monroe, I especially like the movies in which she sings, because she put a lot of emotion and sadness sometimes, but she can also be funny! Some movies starring Marilyn Monroe I like... "Gentlemen prefer Blondes", "Some like it Hot", and so on!!!

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de Bozo, postée le 07-01-2006 à 16:59:27 (S | E)
hi, port58

to answer you, "The day after tomorow" is "THE" film on natural disasters!
You have to watch it! This film moved me as no other one. It's so sad and there is a lot of suspense! Special effects are very amazing and actors are very good!

single word: Incredible!

++

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de arcenciel, postée le 08-01-2006 à 22:39:23 (S | E)
Hello,
I am not a movie- goer but, last year I watched The Chorists It was wonderful . I liked watching films with children and more I'm fond of listening to music. I have kept a child's soul and I definitely enjoy good ending movies.It should be seen indeed.
Good night.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-01-2006 08:34

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de diana18, postée le 10-01-2006 à 13:43:10 (S | E)
hi all,
well my favourite movie is Bella Mafia with James Marsden, he's so handsome! He's a great actor too! I watched that movie a thousand times, and I think I could watch it a thousand times again!
Sorry for the mistakes, my English isn't very good!
-------------------
Modifié par diana18 le 10-01-2006 13:43
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-01-2006 13:54
"favorite" is American; "favourite" is English.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de ocalifan, postée le 11-01-2006 à 18:35:28 (S | E)

My favourite movie is The Notebook with Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams. It is definitely a "chick flick" hey ! that's slang !!, but my boyfriend and some other guys I know also like it.
null
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 11-01-2006 18:42
chick flick = a movie that girls rather than boys would like, a film "just for girls".

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de cece77, postée le 21-01-2006 à 11:17:51 (S | E)
Hi everybody!!

My favourite movie is "Dirty dancing". It's very beautiful story, very romantic!
Moreover, I like much to dance.

See you soon!

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de krokro, postée le 21-01-2006 à 19:44:07 (S | E)
:GB
I am a movie consumer .As soon I have seen a film I don't want t see it again ,because I know the story . And I am only interesting in the story.

I think it is easier for me to say what kind of film I am interesting in.
Action but not like those modern American film but also heart stories.
I like films which tell a story which develop a moral code of life

I like also foreign film from Africa for example I have seen "a few series "from Burkina Fasso it was very interesting .
There is a lot of foreigner films which are very difficult to see. They are very different of french films and American films. the stories are very simple , very moving and touching the heart the stories very simple

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de petitelu, postée le 28-01-2006 à 17:54:21 (S | E)
My favourite movie is The Life Aquatic with Bill Murray. I saw it last year when it comes out and I think it's important to see it in a movie theatre. The sets are fabulous, in the interior of the boat than at the bottom of the sea. All of the actors play very well and there is a lot of jokes!

Réponse: black coffee de brice2, postée le 30-01-2006 à 23:50:18 (S | E)
Have you heard about Royal Tennebaum? It's the film the director made just before. I think it deals with the same subjects (father-son relationship, friendship, impossible love, the refusal of reality...). I think that the director was at his best and that for Aquarium, he lost some of his vitality and inventiveness. So check out and tell me about it. Anyway, I must acknowledge that the Brazilian singer's covers are damn good

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de july64, postée le 31-01-2006 à 10:22:00 (S | E)
Hi
I am Cameroonian and my favorite movie is ''Moneça Brava'' who' show after the main TV News at Night. In this movie, you find the real love. Ivo who is child of rich industrious man and he want to get married with Brava who's housemaid girl in their house.
The film is because by the miracle and mighty of god, the girl works in his father's house but nobody knows . At the end of the movie they are going to discover that, i think it will be terrific.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de diana18, postée le 01-02-2006 à 13:10:12 (S | E)
hi

"july64, postée le 31-01-2006 à 10:22:00 (S | E)
Hi
I am Cameroonian and my favorite movie is ''Moneça Brava''" are you talking about "Muneca Brava" with Natalia Oreiro and Facundo Arana? See you soon

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de kiwik, postée le 01-02-2006 à 18:58:20 (S | E)
Hi ! On of my favourite film is "Just like heaven..." with Mark Ruffalo (it acted in "Thirteen going on thirty too). I find this movie really great because it deals with humour and love at the same time ! I'm not really into love films but this one is really great ! If you can watch it, don't hesitate !

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de frodomo, postée le 05-02-2006 à 09:24:13 (S | E)
hello,
my favourites movies: all the harry potter movies, Narnia and to finish .... I can't finish because I have to many favourite movies

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de bartwars, postée le 05-02-2006 à 10:58:48 (S | E)
My favourite movie is "Forrest Gump". It tells a history about a man who has a little of intelligence, which feels different of the others. His mother convinces him that he is normal.

But Forrest Gump has a talent : he can run long and speedy.

This movie is beautiful. You must see it !

-------------------
Modifié par bartwars le 12-04-2006 08:24

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de lintu, postée le 05-02-2006 à 14:33:57 (S | E)
In my opinion my favorite movie it's The Other with Nicole Kidman .During this movie there are a lot of suspens!!!! But there aren't a murderer!! ouff

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de eowynpotter, postée le 09-02-2006 à 04:57:02 (S | E)
Hello,Mey-lin.My favourite movie is THE LORD OF THE RING.It's a wonderful movie.So interesting!In the film,I like Elf-Legolas best.He's handsome and clever.

have a nice day

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de queenliz, postée le 09-02-2006 à 11:16:32 (S | E)
Hello,

I liked the movie Matilda - I hope I have got the name right.

This sweet little girl loves reading and wants to be a good student. But her parents are absolutely dreadful - they watch vulgar game shows on TV and generally behave like animals (sorry,animals). They force her to watch the same rubbish on TV, and take away her books.

There is an excellent character called Trunchbull in this film - a really fierce teacher who would scare even an adult, let alone children. Actually, I have seen this actress in another film, where she played the part of a gentle, kind mother, so she is obviously a very versatile actress!

There are lots of special effects in the film and some clever photography to make
Trunchbull look as nasty as possible. Also, there is a very good close-up of a poor
fat boy being forced by Trunchbull to eat a whole chocolate cake! I would watch this film again (and I have already seen it twice). My daughter liked it too.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de remyloi, postée le 09-02-2006 à 14:58:26 (S | E)
Angel-A is my favourite movie since the beginnig of the new year

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de grafos, postée le 10-02-2006 à 17:56:53 (S | E)
How to choose a film as favourite, it's so complicated...so much good actors and directors...
so much different emotions, it's really not evident. The best film for me is the one which can surprises me, and let me without voice for a time or incites me to react and think.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de civoduz, postée le 11-02-2006 à 00:24:27 (S | E)
I love action movies as Danny the Dog and Léon or The fifth element ! I love Luc Besson, because it's delirous and funny ! I have seen his every movies !

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de mamatmatah, postée le 20-02-2006 à 12:04:42 (S | E)
Cinema, cinema ? I really love international cinema, so I'll give you my favourite movies :
English : The Meaning Of Life, by The Monty Python's. I recommend it to everyone (except young children), it's a good film to improve your English since it's easy to understand. For me it's their best film.
American : At the moment it's Sin City. I've seen it several times (not yet in English). The story is excellent and the actors too.
French/Belgian : C'est arrivé près de chez vous. It is the first movie by Benoit Poelvoorde, in which he is a killer who explains how he manages his job. Cynicism is the key-word for this movie.
Has anybody seen Bloody Sunday on TV this week ?

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de puwen, postée le 20-02-2006 à 16:41:29 (S | E)
I love "Pirates of the Caribbean" ...

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de flodemars, postée le 20-02-2006 à 17:55:39 (S | E)
hi everybody!
as far as I can can see,my favourite movie is MOULIN ROUGE!it's a movie with Nicole Kidman(the most talented actress in the world) and Ewan Mc Gregor;I love this film because it tells a moving story,but it's also entetaining(there are lots of songs and dances).I am crazy about "grease","dirty dancing","romeo and juliet"(with Leonardo Dicaprio!).The last movie that I've seen is "the Brokeback mountain's secret" and I love it!I am a Americain movie lover!

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de tigrou, postée le 07-03-2006 à 09:47:59 (S | E)
my favourite movie is "Pearl Harbor" because it's very beautiful, Josh is the most brillant actor after Brad Pitt of course. I love also the movie : Saw. I went to see the number 2 to cinema, i enjoy.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de laura31, postée le 25-03-2006 à 21:37:29 (S | E)
I don't have favourite movies but the ones which have standed out me are Trainspotting by Danny Boyle (1996) and Final Cut (I don't know who is the director film). The first deals with the problem of drug in the late nineteen, in Scotland. We can see in this movie what are consequences of drugs on people and what they are ready to do for. The director has wanted to show the impact of drug on people through the story of Marc Renton (the hero) and his friends, and we can see that is very destructive on relationship, and especially on friendship. Moreover, the music is pleasant, I like !
For the second, Final Cut is a movie which is not very well-known, but it is a good lesson of friendship. It is the story of a man and his girlfriend who decides to put camera in their house (it is not a TV reality) to film their friends when they aren't at home. They find out that their friends are not always respectful to them when they are not presents. The director film pushes the vice to a murder by a crazy friend (!!!), but we discover it only at the end...because it has been filmed...

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de bbaly, postée le 26-03-2006 à 19:27:55 (S | E)
i don't really think I've got a favourite film !! it's strange i know .. but i prefer watch documentary or TV series !! Oh yes I've got one ! it's call "abandonment" with Katie Holmes ! for my part, it's a great movie !

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de adline35700, postée le 26-03-2006 à 19:55:17 (S | E)
my favourite movie is une dos tress

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de simply_me, postée le 11-04-2006 à 21:16:14 (S | E)
Actually, I saw lots of movies in my life but I think my favorite film is "I am Sam" (with Sean Penn, Michelle Pfeiffer, Dakota Fanning) This film is so sad and you see how the society can be as cruel today... I loved "La vita é bella too with Roberto Benigni and 12 angry men is an excellent movie too... Well, think it's all...

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de bob74, postée le 12-04-2006 à 11:26:12 (S | E)
Yes, for me my favourite film is " dude, where's my car??" this film is so crazy!!

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de deudeuch, postée le 18-04-2006 à 20:41:32 (S | E)
Hi !!!!!
My favourite movie is the lord of the rings.I think that a lot of people like this movie because there are good actors and actress and the music is very good.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de lethidee, postée le 22-04-2006 à 10:57:21 (S | E)
Hello

I've seen again the movie "In the mood for love" in DVD and I appreciate it a lot because first the principal actress (Maggie Cheung) is wonderful and so impressive with her very sensitive playing.
Second, I like the rythm and the music too. It's absolutely a good moment and I recommend you to watch this chinese film of Wong Kar-Wai.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de pat83, postée le 22-04-2006 à 18:29:52 (S | E)
hi all
my favourite movie is DANCE WITH WOLVES.For me it's a great movie with a very touching story,splendid landscapes and a very nice music

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de www, postée le 29-04-2006 à 20:12:16 (S | E)
Hello everybody ;for me I love to watch a funny movie,because I like to
laugh and have good time

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-04-2006 08:24

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de red57, postée le 11-05-2006 à 14:03:35 (S | E)

I prefer said my movie favourite, i like to going in cinema , my film favourite is "the terminator", i have watched the film in version english, then the actor Arnold swha... is the most personality admired therefor is great ed and man
but the film i don't like frenchfilm because ....

I would prefer talking about my favorite movie. I'm fond of cinema and my favorite movie is " Terminator" I watched it in the English version and I find Arnold Swharzengger so great. I dont like French movies.
-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 11-05-2006 14:43

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de nena, postée le 11-05-2006 à 16:28:41 (S | E)
My favourite movie is "Sleepless in Seattle" (Nuits blanches à Seattle), it's so romantic. I like it. But I like also: the Horror movies and True Story. But the kind of movie I prefer: the comedies and suspense movies.
My favourite actor is "Tom hanks". I like nearly all his movies.
I love Cinema.
Sorry for my mistakes.

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de kimy, postée le 11-05-2006 à 18:31:39 (S | E)

I like love movie.I can give you a example just like Muneca Brava.with Natalia Oreiro and Facundo Arana.in this movie you find teh real love and when you watching this movie you almost lost your might.I think this movie is the miracle of God.when I was in Haiti I'm always watch Muneca Brava.but now I can't.
kimy

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de lils, postée le 03-06-2006 à 17:37:42 (S | E)
I also like Edward scissorhands , which always make me cry ( and because of johnny depp , so handsome , of course ! ) but my last favourite film is probably Brokeback Mountain , the great love story of two cow-boys ( heath ledger and jake gyllenhall , so cute ! ) falling in love while keeping sheeps in the Wyoming together ...if you didn't see it , do it fast ! bye

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de i_blue, postée le 03-06-2006 à 20:20:12 (S | E)
hi everybody
well,I love all the movies( mission impossible) ,I think its great movies full with action ,and the actor is Tom cruise is very good.
question: is that somebody saw ( mission impossible 3 )

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de i_blue, postée le 03-06-2006 à 20:25:54 (S | E)
kimy
I think that "Muneca Brava" is not a movie ,it is a serial ,me too I love it very much and the actress is very beautiful .

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de traviskidd, postée le 04-06-2006 à 00:09:03 (S | E)
My favorite movie is "Meet the Parents" with Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro. (I believe the French title is "Mon Beau-Père et Moi".) I couldn't stop laughing throughout this entire movie!! My favorite lines from it (whose words I don't remember exactly so I'll paraphrase) are:

"I'm sorry sir, but you said bomb on an airplane."
"I said it's NOT like I have a bomb!!"

Unfortunately, "Meet the Fockers", the sequel to MTP, wasn't nearly as good. But then, nothing could be.

-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 04-06-2006 00:13
3 sentences erased and you know why

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de blake, postée le 04-06-2006 à 01:01:22 (S | E)
Among my favourite movies I can quote " Blade " starring Wesley Snipes .
Yes . I truly never read the original comics published by Stan Lee's Marvel but I must recognize that the movie is very well directed : A lot of action and special effects, good acting, a nice story .
What more can I ask for ?

Réponse: what's your favourite movie? de blake, postée le 04-06-2006 à 02:22:54 (S | E)
I also like musical comedies like " West Side Story " ( 1964 ) . Have you ever seen it ? It is worth seeing one thousand times . A true classic . If after seeing this movie, you don't wanna behave like Bernardo ( the leader of a Portorican gang called the Sharks ) or like Riff ( the leader of the Jets : Americans & Sharks's GREATEST OPPONENTS ), you're strange . This part is dedicated to the BOYS .
As for the GIRLS, if you don't wanna look like Maria( Bernardo's younger sister ) or
Anita ( Bernardo's girlfriend ), you're strange TOO .

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux