Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

My best holidays !
Message de bobine posté le 15-08-2006 à 10:05:29 (S | E | F | I)

Hello,

Just a few lines to tell you about my last holidays.
We were in England for a week at the end of July. It was the first time that I had been to England and I was very anxious about not being able to speak or to understand English people. We took the ferry from Calais to Dover and went to Weston on Avon (a little village near Stratford upon Avon). It is a beautiful little village with many farms and people are very kind. The flat we had booked was clean and nice; The owner's mother was a very nice person. She helped us to find our way to our destination and she met us and asked us if everything was all right.
My best pleasure, there, was to meet my English penfriend Carole(thank you Miss!!) and two others members of Anglaisfacile. We visited Stratford (the place where Shakespeare lived), London by boat and on foot with two English guides(thanks for your helps), Warwick castle (a nice place to have a family day with picnic and good time), Bourton-on-the-water (with its little river when the weather is hot), Oxford (of course, everybody knows Oxford !!), Canterbury (where my husband didn't see an English man who was coming from his right at a roundabout and stopped just before hitting our car!! nothing but very frightening) and many other places in the countryside.
All I can say is that my holidays there were marvellous and I'd like to go back to England as soon as possible. There are no words to explain my feelings but it was a great experience and something very strong in my heart.
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 11-09-2006 21:55
-------------------
Modifié par bobine le 16-09-2006 09:26

Réponse: My best holidays ! de bridg, postée le 15-08-2006 à 10:26:58 (S | E)

Hello!!
Thanks a lot bobine for sharing your trip experience with us. I see you'll become soon a bilingual member .

I was told your husband was afraid concerning the English food. What news about him, could you tell us some quick gastronomic travel's notes?

See you

Réponse: My best holidays ! de bobine, postée le 15-08-2006 à 11:38:35 (S | E)
Hi Bridg,

A bilingual member !Oh my God, I suppose I'd like to be a bilingual member but I have many exercises to do before that , especially at school, but I'll do my best.

As you said, my husband was very anxious about English food, so afraid of not having enough to eat that he wanted to take French food with us in our car. I had to fight (gently but firmly) with him and he gave in.
However he managed to eat more than usual in France before taking the ferry.
In fact when we were in England we went to the supermarket in order to buy something to eat and all the family tried English food. I think it's not so awful !! We tried Marmite (which is so strange but not too bad, only special), English marmalade, English breakfast (so copious; my husband liked it and my daughter was very happy to prepare this breakfast every morning for the family), pizza with pineapple (very delicious, I'll put pineapple on my pizzas now!!), sausages and many other kinds of food.
Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to taste all the food but I am sure you can stay in England for many months without starving.
Next time I'd like to stay with an English family in order to sample real English food and to live the way they do.
That's all.
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 11-09-2006 22:07
-------------------
Modifié par bobine le 16-09-2006 09:34

Réponse: My best holidays ! de pasofina, postée le 15-08-2006 à 16:04:27 (S | E)
Hello !

I have a very little question. Not very important but : Bobine says "we took the ferry at Calais to Dover", is it really correct ?
In fact, at the present time I spent time in England for the summer as an Au Pair, and I always say : I took the ferry from .... to..... . Are both correct ?

Otherwise, you seem to have had a good time in England Bobine, I have met really nice and kind people too. It`s my last month there, so I really want to take advantage of this rewarding experience !
I think I will make a summary when I will go back to France too

Byeee.

-------------------
Modifié par traviskidd le 15-08-2006 16:11
Use "here" (instead of "there") if you are talking about where you are!

Réponse: My best holidays ! de traviskidd, postée le 15-08-2006 à 16:10:16 (S | E)
You can say "at Calais" but it would refer to "we" and not to the ferry. It would be clearer in this case to say "At Calais, we took the ferry to Dover."

Réponse: My best holidays ! de pasofina, postée le 15-08-2006 à 17:47:33 (S | E)
Thanks Track !

Réponse: My best holidays ! de bridg, postée le 15-08-2006 à 18:02:11 (S | E)
In order to ask about grammatical questions, please, let's go to the "forum principal". Here is Bobine's topic about England. Thank you for respecting this topic subject.

-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 15-08-2006 18:04

Réponse: My best holidays ! de abassi, postée le 15-08-2006 à 18:03:00 (S | E)
Hello.
I
t is very important to tell us about your holidays in England.
excuse me for my writing.
-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 05-11-2006 23:21
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-11-2006 09:13
A sentence has been deleted as it had no link with the subject.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux