Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

What would you do if... ?
Message de vance posté le 08-04-2005 à 08:47:51 (S | E | F | I)

What would you do if your best friend told you he was ruined ? If he were left without nothing, no job, no allowances, at the age of 50 ? Only his eyes to cry, his house and his car ?

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de jardin62, postée le 08-04-2005 à 09:07:30 (S | E)
Hello vance!
What do you want us to do? Would you like us to advance an opinion? If it's the case, may I say that it would have been more appropriate to post your questions in another 'forum'?...I personally feel a little embarrassed because I first thought it was a help that you required.
( Se tromper de forum m'est arrivée je ne sais combien de fois!)

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de babyscot59, postée le 08-04-2005 à 09:40:23 (S | E)
well Friends in need friends indeed , I would do anything on Earth to help him. One shall never forget that Friendship implies Faithfulness and trustworthiness without being judgemental. If you need my help call me at Noon ,come and have a tea. I'd drive hours to rescue you regardless of my sleeping time.

I have experienced both sides of the stuff and shall never forget what it is to be supported.

Go ahead and make yourself relevant

-------------------
Edité par babyscot59 le 08-04-2005 09:43

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de checko21, postée le 08-04-2005 à 12:16:47 (S | E)
If your friend tells you something like that ,it is evident obvious he has needs your help. You must do all your best to help him because friendship is not a game.
Friendship suppose helpfulness and faithfulness: we must support our friends in the difficult moments.
If we're friends it's for the best and for the bad for better or for worse.
Babyscot this is my opinion about friendship but I dont know if it will satisfy you.

-------------------
Edité par serena le 08-04-2005 13:05
This is a good definition of friendship, checko.

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de babyscot59, postée le 08-04-2005 à 12:22:12 (S | E)
totally nothing to add your honour

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de vance, postée le 08-04-2005 à 14:56:08 (S | E)
Thank you all of you for your answers. Well, I see that this has not been perceived just as a free debate on a theoretical matter -and of course, it is not.
It is true Jardin, that perhaps I shoudln't have introduced this topic on this forum, but the fact that, though I have not long been on this forum, I have noticed your friendliness, and besides, I am not used to discussing personnal matters on forums.
But anyway, I am convinced, just as checko21 and babyscott put it, that "a friend in need is a friend indeed" ; that is why I am ready to give as much as I can to help a friend.
But I was just wondering -when I see the selfishness of so many people around us- if I wasn't a kind of freak, someone a bit "nuts". Perhaps I needed a bit of encouragement, moral support. I am so unhappy to see my friend unhappy -why is it so ?
I have experienced that when you have serious problems, everybody turns your face on you. Now, as I am ready to help my friend, I'll have to share a part of his burden : but by doing so, I will be considered more as as a fool. I am so appalled by people : do you know that, while some of them could just put him a word for him so that he might find a job, they won't even bother to do it ?
That is why I posted this thread : I feel alone, so alone. Noone cares.
So, what does it matter if I am on the wrong forum ? Perhaps I will find more humane people here that on the street corner -that's what I say..
Anyway, I'll repeat it again

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de lethidee, postée le 08-04-2005 à 17:46:39 (S | E)
Well Vance, it' a very touching message that I'm reading from you and I realise that we aren't alone when we share this site of english practise.
We are all friends and speaking together.
See you

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de jardin62, postée le 08-04-2005 à 18:36:59 (S | E)
It really doesn't matter at all, as for me, vance!
It was just a way to make you smile! The problem you raise is far much more important than the 'forum' where you put it!
You are so right when you say that we experience selfishness everyday.
How could you see your face in a mirror, as we say in French, if you didn't try to help your friend when he needs it? What's the meaning of 'friend'? I also think people quickly give this title to anyone sometimes. If this person means 'someone important' for you, I think you won't hesitate long: you will be glad to help, of course.
But as you seem to need support yourself, - if I may ...- try not to be alone, for, once you have begun helping, a long way awaits. Sometimes, you feel as if there was no end to it, and you feel disheartened yourself. It's a difficult task and I would also like to find the right words to encourage you but I don't know the real power of words arriving through a web site...words...only words...you can't even see the warmth of the eyes and of the voice...

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de vance, postée le 09-04-2005 à 13:55:38 (S | E)
Thank you Jardin
Of course, we shall do all we can. Fortunately I am not alone, as the man who lives with me is ready to help too. Isn't it that great ?
I think I'll give you some news, if you you don't mind, and though this is not a "psychological help' forum.

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de jardin62, postée le 10-04-2005 à 14:46:07 (S | E)
Hi vance!
It's fine you answered! I was wondering about your message. Yes, it's great you are not alone to deal with what worries you. It's great to know you can trust someone else. It's great too to know someone else is understanding.
Let me know how you manage...I don't want to be 'nosey' of course and you can use an MP if you like. I don't pretend I am able to give advice, it would be ridiculous.
Have a nice afternoon.

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de tresor, postée le 12-04-2005 à 16:00:00 (S | E)

Good afternoon everybody,
I am a new coming comer in this site and I would like to have a share by giving my opinion about your topic. I think that It's very important to get some relationships in the life because it's very difficult to progress when you are alone. Everybody needs someone to get something in the life. There are different kinds of help (financial help, psycological help ....) if you want to do it. It's a real human act if you like to help everybody who are is in needs.

-------------------
Edité par serena le 12-04-2005 16:13
Welcome among us Tresor.

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de vance, postée le 13-04-2005 à 08:17:08 (S | E)
Hello everybody

Thank you for your advice which is all very humane and understanding. Now that the first shock has been taken in, we have taken decisions. As my friend finds it very difficult to deal with his problems (finding a job/dealing with the lawyers....), we have decided to give up our house and go live in his house which is not very big, but we have defined ways to keep each one's privacy -we shall have the second floor, while he'll remain mostly on the ground floor. That way, we'll save a rent, and this money will be kept to help financially.
I was worried when I thought of this solution, because my friend lives in a village, he is not liked by his neighbours, so I was afraid of gossiping about us.
Anyway : I would like you to know that if I don't come very often on the site to talk about English stuff, it is not for a lack of interest, on the contrary, I enjoy "anglaisfacile", it is such a great idea to communicate in English, with people of all linguistic levels. But I 'll have a lot to do.
So, let me say good bye my friends, I shall be coming in short while.

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de madlen, postée le 13-04-2005 à 11:44:40 (S | E)
I would listen to it best than I could, and I would help it has to be rebuilt better way possible.For of overcoming a test it is well to be two.
</i>

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de mhorick, postée le 21-06-2005 à 08:00:38 (S | E)
Hi to you...
What would you do if you keep doing things that you dont want to do? You try your best but you keep on making mistakes...
All those people around you keep ignoring your true value!!!
But the worst is you started to think that you really are meant for nothing...
Hey whats the deal of hating yourself?
Why would someone hate his self?
Why do they hate there self?
Why do you hate someone you barely knew?
Why would you want to hate someone you?
Can`t you atleast ask, maybe you would like him once you talk to him and get to know him!!!!!
Is it to much to ask for you?
I envy you for being perfect!

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de dane23, postée le 21-06-2005 à 16:33:42 (S | E)
About my last class, I told with my friends and say to them " We need to work without break because when someone is his last class that is a big finaly project." I want to tell you too,If i was english teacher, I'd like everyone of my pupils like me for my education way.

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de dane23, postée le 21-06-2005 à 16:34:44 (S | E)
About my last class, I told with my friends and say to them " We need to work without break because when someone is his last class that is a big finaly project." I want to tell you too,If i was english teacher, I'd like everyone of my pupils like me for my education way.

Réponse: What would you do if... ? de nannylle, postée le 14-07-2005 à 14:23:56 (S | E)
Hi!!!

Me, if my friend was in the situation that you are describing, I would first speak with him and then, I would try to find a solution with him and I would help him to find a job... If we do not find anything, I would lodge him...

I think that it is a very difficult question ...

Bye bye

Neda

-------------------
Edité par jeanmi le 14-07-2005 14:26

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux