Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

My best souvenir
Message de lethidee posté le 21-07-2005 à 07:28:44 (S | E | F | I)

Hello everybody

People are on holidays during this period and I suggest you to tell us what is your best souvenir about a travel, a scene or a meeting or anything else.
Are you ready ?
see you

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 21-07-2005 08:32
this twin subject has been running here for 5 days and is not over
Lien Internet

Réponse: My best souvenir de cyber_toinou, postée le 01-08-2005 à 16:37:20 (S | E)
my best souvenir is this year I met a person who now is my best friend and I don't know how I to tell you our story apart from but that it was wonderful
kiss toinou

-------------------
Edité par jeanmi le 01-08-2005 18:50

Réponse: My best souvenir de cyber_toinou, postée le 01-08-2005 à 16:39:13 (S | E)
I forget to take my smiley () sorry
re kiss toinou

-------------------
Edité par jeanmi le 01-08-2005 18:52
Please, don't forget that "je" in English is "I" and not "i".

Réponse: My best souvenir de traviskidd, postée le 04-08-2005 à 16:56:15 (S | E)
In fact one should be careful about correcting capitalization. If you are going to make sure that every "i" is an "I", then you have to make sure that every name is capitalized, that the first word of every sentence is capitalized, and so on.

Sometimes, especially on the computer, people find it more convenient to simply use lower-case letters all the time. While this is of course not good English writing, it is made no worse by using "i" instead of "I".

Réponse: My best souvenir de oleronnais, postée le 09-08-2005 à 16:06:12 (S | E)
hi everybody,

I will try to use only English phrases or sentences, it will be good for my English... you'll find some errors....sorrrrrryyyy

One of my best souvenir is my first arrival in NYC when I was 18YO years old, I remembered These huge and tall building and smoke from sewers and ads on the wall....

this is one important souvenir !!

Patrick

-------------------
Edité par jeanmi le 09-08-2005 16:27

Réponse: My best souvenir de oleronnais, postée le 09-08-2005 à 16:07:34 (S | E)
huge and smoke

sorry for typing error

Réponse: My best souvenir de oleronnais, postée le 09-08-2005 à 16:33:55 (S | E)
thanks a lot Jeanmi for your help about my message

-------------------
Edité par jeanmi le 09-08-2005 16:48

Réponse: My best souvenir de traviskidd, postée le 09-08-2005 à 17:16:50 (S | E)
A souvenir is not a memory! It is something tangible that you buy when you're on vacation to help you remember it!

When you were in New York, maybe you found a store that sold little replicas of the Statue of Liberty and you bought one. That little statue would then be a souvenir.

A souvenir is also more generally any tangible item that you decide to keep because it reminds you of good memories. For example, a widow would consider her wedding ring to be a souvenir of her marriage.

Réponse: My best souvenir de adenos, postée le 10-08-2005 à 08:47:43 (S | E)
my best souvenir was in 2000 year in makkah in Arabia Soudia, that tome Iwas travelling with my wife with four years marriage I mean she was very younger to me with six years difference.
We was doing the Pilgrim or hag in Arabia word so when we finish our mission we have decide to go in jeddah for shopping because in that place there are lot of market ship than Makkah place so when we have took down the bus in wish we where curring I personally forgot some materials very important because my younger sister has charged to me to change her glasses and some gold to the new one so when the bus left immediately I have came to remember that I was curring something with me because my hand were become very tick.
Then I have lost my convenience to continue the shopping so When we have came back to Makkah after two days later early morning as usually my wife were come out to the flat and sat out to had a brush seance then the same bus empty came and stop front her and gave her a whole materials that we have lost and that time when I have knew the news I was purchasing the breakfast so that was my best souvenir.

Adenos

Réponse: My best souvenir de sweet_jane, postée le 10-08-2005 à 12:37:07 (S | E)
I spent my best holidays in Scotland 4 years ago... It was an exchange students, not summer holidays but holidays all the same!!!

Réponse: My best souvenir de serena, postée le 10-08-2005 à 14:25:53 (S | E)
Hello !

Travis is right. Maybe Lethidee meant also a souvenir as well as one's best memory as a special event.

Un souvenir = a memory
- Garder un bon/mauvais souvenir de quelque chose: To have happy/bad ou unhappy memories of something.
- Ce n'est plus qu'un mauvais souvenir: It's just a bad memory

A souvenir = un objet qu'on garde en souvenir de quelque chose ou quelqu'un.

Réponse: My best souvenir de nathan, postée le 10-08-2005 à 14:58:56 (S | E)
Hello,
During In July, I was in the Pyrenees, in the south of France.
When I have gone (went) up to the top of the mountains with my guide for 5 hours, I have seen (saw) the most beautiful thing that I have never seen before. There was were some pics and high summits with many blue lacs. There, I thought about my wife and my three daughters who was were in the valley and I sent really felt our love .
This is my best souvenir memory for 2005 holidays.
Bye bye

-------------------
Edité par serena le 10-08-2005 15:15
Really nice.

Réponse: My best souvenir de jamal2006, postée le 11-08-2005 à 18:25:05 (S | E)
Of course, specially in summer people spend a good time in many places around the world, about me i like to spend my holiday at the beach to take a sun shower, play football with my friends, eating together, go out at night to the parties...etc, really i enjoy that because i forget all about my work and the routine of the daily life.
I hope doing that when i find an opportunity.

Réponse: My best souvenir de post-scriptum, postée le 14-08-2005 à 20:15:57 (S | E)
Good evening,

I really and sincerely think I'm the happiest man in the world! l met a young woman by chance twenty five years ago when I was paying a visit to a friend. She was a barrister. She was gentle and sensual. She was the prettiest woman than I knew. I immediately fell in love, and remain so today. We had talked to each other all the day. She left her job and her friends to come with me. My lovely spouse is always the prettiest woman for me. She is always gentle and sensual. She is admirable, wonderful, tender and loving! She is actually a lovely spouse and I'm always falling in love as the first day! Every day, we go for a romantic walk hand in hand by the sea. We are inseparable!

Friendship. See you.

Réponse: My best souvenir de marie37400, postée le 17-08-2005 à 19:44:08 (S | E)
Good evening !

My best memory, I still remember very clearly. In 1985, April the 28th.
A wonderful little girl was born in Chambray-les-Tours and the obstetrician said : "Here is the eighth wonder of the world" ! She was really pretty, but the main thing is she was and still is a very kind person.
She has been and will always be the apple of my eye.
Her christian name is Rebecca, she is my daughter.
Marie

Réponse: My best souvenir de vestee, postée le 17-08-2005 à 20:24:55 (S | E)
My The best souvenir memory for me, it was last years when I was singing in the a very big stadium. There are were 60 000 persons. It was hot
vestee

-------------------
Edité par serena le 18-08-2005 03:48

Réponse: My best souvenir de bene2005, postée le 18-08-2005 à 13:05:16 (S | E)
My best souvenir memory was this year when I travelled with a NGO in Tunisia. I met a lot of people to look for poor children in this country.

-------------------
Edité par serena le 19-08-2005 00:52

Réponse: My best souvenir de traviskidd, postée le 18-08-2005 à 23:38:06 (S | E)
These memories are very nice, but they're still not souvenirs.

A child could be considered a souvenir, I suppose, if he were conceived while on vacation.

Réponse: My best souvenir de swimminlee89, postée le 22-08-2005 à 01:29:03 (S | E)
My best souvenir is a real eagle feather from Colorado. My family and I went to a powow over there and we talked to a very nice American Indian gentleman who was painting eagle feathers--you know, making these beautiful geometric designs along the the middle of the feather--for a headdress. He told me that to his tribe, eagle feathers are sacred. Before we left, he gave me one of them, and I keep it on my desk to this day.

Réponse: My best souvenir de lisa93, postée le 22-08-2005 à 13:59:35 (S | E)
My best souvenir is when I met the Rock N'Roll singer Little Richard. Do you like Rock N'Roll ?

Réponse: My best souvenir de lethidee, postée le 27-08-2005 à 05:13:55 (S | E)
Hello everybody

I'm back from British Colombia since yesterday and I begin to realise that I'm no more in vacation but it's the life. All the best things must be ended.
So, you are right Travis and a souvenir is not a memory but when I proposed this topic I thought to memories and not to souvenirs.
Well, when I was in the Archipel of Queen Charlotte in BC, I saw a lot of eagles and raven and I think that my best souvenir is an eagle feather that I collected to remember this wonderful country.
see you

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux