Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Which is your favourite form of art??
Message de lethidee posté le 22-09-2005 à 19:41:59 (S | E | F | I)

Hello everybody

People, poor or rich, educated or not, ugly or pretty, old or young, everybody is concerned by the art.
I think that our feelings and our own history have an influence in regard of so many artistics expressions in the world, in the space and the time.
I would like talk and exchange with you about that.
See you

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de aubri-wan, postée le 22-09-2005 à 19:50:24 (S | E)
I agree with your text. I learn English and I love artists. I love all peoplesthe people too.
-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 24-09-2005 09:02

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 23-09-2005 à 18:41:08 (S | E)
Hello

This Last summer, I travelled in British Columbia for 22 days and I began to discover the land but also people and I visited particularly the Queen Charlotte Islands where live Haida people live.
Do you know their art ?
I was very impress ed by their totems but also their jewellery and their designs. I have never seen this kind of expression somewhere else and I think that when we have the chance to look at this form of art we receive a strong energy because there is a sense in all their expressions.
I think also that the art may be ephemeral and the Aboriginals in Australia lived with this sort of art which is plenty of sense and very close to the dream.

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 26-09-2005 14:38

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de aubri-wan, postée le 23-09-2005 à 19:36:20 (S | E)
I'm sorry because I have never travelled(only to GERMANY).
On the one hand, discover cultures is interesantting , but on the other hand we can be happinessy here.

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 26-09-2005 14:45

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de aimen7, postée le 23-09-2005 à 20:11:16 (S | E)
Hello,
I think that people who have the opportunity to travel and discover other cultures and appreciate their art are very lucky. A great sensitiveness and generosity is required when you watch a piece of art and when you are able to say:"That's beautiful or impressive...". To me it means that you give a real value to what you are witnessing. You are conscious that it is the product of a community, its identity. You must be tolerant to accept and love what is different from what belongs to your own culture.
Art is the expression of what comes from the heart and the mind. It is a language. We should learn it.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 25-09-2005 à 20:47:06 (S | E)
Hello Aimen

As you said so well, I think we should learn the language of the heart and try to understand how is the real life and not only the simple illusion of it. It's so difficult but try it and sometimes we receive so much in a few seconds that it's a great moment of emotion !
see you

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de gewurz, postée le 26-09-2005 à 13:39:22 (S | E)
Hello Lethidee,

For me, the perfect expression of art is called : Nature !
Whatever shape the Creator of everything might have, we all try to copy the nature. Even abstract art is an extension of nature for it follows from our thought and therefore from our perception of the nature.
Nevertheless, it's hard to give a definition of that word, art...
" Set of means used in order to produce an aesthetic creation" ? bof...
In that case, what does the word 'aesthetic ' stand for ? Beauty is not absolute.
My nephew has offered me a drawing he made at school. I prefer it to a picture by Kandisky for it representes more things in my eye.
Eh, one person, one taste (To each his own.)
To get back to nature, a painting depicting a scenery of Alaska in fall, you find it beautiful. Being yourself in this scenery in Alaska, you FEEL it beautiful.

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 26-09-2005 14:49

-------------------
Edité par traviskidd le 26-09-2005 14:56

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 27-09-2005 à 18:08:01 (S | E)
Hello gewurz and everybody

Thank you for your answer and your opinion about the idea of beauty.
I think that art is in anything and everywhere if we are able to and if we take the time just to feel it.
It may be with our eyes, but not only, also with our hands and all our body. It's a question of osmose and not judgement, we are just a short time intensely inside or with the object of our attention because it attracts our attention or our disgust but it is a revealing or ourselves.
see you

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de phylo, postée le 27-09-2005 à 20:16:56 (S | E)
As far as I am concerned, art takes a very important place in my life. I don't think I have exceptional(s) things to tell but I have to train my bad English. I am a singer and my job is to manage singers from all over the world. I learn more and more everyday when I have opportunity to meet people from different cultures : Bulgarian, African or Gipsy singers learn me more than I never learned at school... I also agree with people who speaks about nature, it is essential to make your vision larger.

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 27-09-2005 20:39

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de hamidou67, postée le 05-10-2005 à 01:18:07 (S | E)
my favorite art is painting
I paint landscapes,portraits and I 'm very interested,
by new art , contemporain art
I love the impressionist artists like RENOIR,MONET.......
The deutch painting 16 and 17 CENTURIES présents colors
very beautiful and give us an atmosphere full of serenity

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 05-10-2005 à 19:30:53 (S | E)
Hello hamidou

When I was younger, I used to prefer watching many impressionist paintings and Cézanne, Monet, Renoir, Degas were the best paintors for me because I was impressed by their way of expression and the feeling of harmony.
But now, I changed my mind and I appreciate more Matisse, Dufy, Picasso, Chagall because their expressions are full of questions without evident answers but the feelings are there also but different and I think that art is like life, always in movement and with a lot of questions without answers.
See you

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de jardin62, postée le 05-10-2005 à 21:11:28 (S | E)
Hello !

The first things I discovered as 'beautiful or ugly' / as far as I can go back in my memory, were 'voices' : I think this was my first encounter with art. Perhaps it explains why I love music, why I react so quickly to voices, why I love poetry when it's musical, why I enjoy silence above all : it's when silence settles that you have a chance to hear the inimitable song of a tiny bird called the wren.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 06-10-2005 à 07:07:21 (S | E)
Hello Jardin

When I lived in the countryside I was lucky to be in a silent area with olive trees and wild nature around the house and I appreciated too the silence. I think it is more and more rare to be in this state of simply beauty and internal peace and osmose with anything.
You are very lucky.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de supernana39, postée le 06-10-2005 à 22:30:38 (S | E)
My favourite form of arts is the Land Art! I find it beautiful!

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de serena, postée le 07-10-2005 à 04:28:29 (S | E)

I like drawing. I like painting. I like music. I like the songs of the birds, I like nature and all what it gives us. But I find that the real beauty of nature is the others’ ways of communication.
Yes, this is art the way they talk, they express themselves, they remain silent, they shout, they react to things and thoughts. That makes me wonder why and mostly how. How they can do this or that. How they can behave the way they do, so different from one another, how and how….Then I discover deeper parts of them. What they are or what they may be. And I find it amazing to know that no one in that world can be like another one. And that everyone gives a sort of treasure, a treasure of his own. Nice or not, it doesn’t matter, but always good to be known.
Well, for me, human being is the form of art I like best. "Something" we’ll never stop discovering and that never gives us time to feel bored.
I can draw nature or anything else in next to no time, but I need ages to get the real expression of a person down on my paper. And I find this…exciting.

See what I mean Lethidee?

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de jardin62, postée le 07-10-2005 à 22:10:56 (S | E)

I think serena leaves all of us speechless...

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 08-10-2005 à 13:43:59 (S | E)
Hello

I agree with you jardin, Serena has a very great heart and I'm very happy to be among you to share these wonderful moments of humanity.
See you

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de serena, postée le 09-10-2005 à 05:48:41 (S | E)

Thank you so much ! Wow ! ()
It's so kind of you Jardin and Lethidee.

Well, I didn't mean to be so profound, really ! I'm glad you liked that point of view. You deserve the best congratulations, Lethidee. You make us express ourselves without restriction with your topics, such great ideas.
As for you Jardin, I'm always so happy to read you.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de aimen7, postée le 09-10-2005 à 09:37:55 (S | E)
Hello everybody,
That's right, you leave us speechless serena. I was expecting your reaction. You have the ability to catch what is best in a humain being and what makes him original and unique. You see things from the eye of an artist who feel the need to represent what he has captured. That's a priviledge and a gift given to you. It reminds me of L.De.Vinci's "Mona Lisa" Whose smile and gaze remain mysterious.
I have an exercise of art for you all. It was an exercise given to us at school, I was about 15 at the time. We were assigned to illustrate through a painting the poem by Arthur Rimbaud, "Le Bateau Ivre". how would you manage to make the best illustration of the poem?
I will tell you later how I illustrated it, that was a little funny.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 09-10-2005 à 13:01:21 (S | E)
Hello Aimen

I don't remember exactly of the words written by Rimbaud in "Le bateau ivre" but I find very funny to work just about the poem's title :

It might be just a bottle with a message inside it, lost in the middle of the ocean
or
a ghosty vessel damaged in the dark night lit only lighted by flashes of lightnings and became a poor small thing among the natural elements.
See you

-------------------
Edité par traviskidd le 18-10-2005 17:33
"lighted" works only when "to light" is used in an active sense (to light a candle/cigarette/etc.)

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lepingouin, postée le 09-10-2005 à 13:15:09 (S | E)
I think something is a work of art if it inspires the feelings of appreciation of art in whoever is experiencing it. There is thus no absolute scale of artistic merit, and something that to one person is a great work of art, might be to someone else worthless.

Human beings have senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell) and I think that art is about stimulating those senses in a way that creates sensations of intellectual gratification.

For me, music is the best form of art, because it creates so many feelings and atmospheres in a completely ambiguous way. For example, these three things could all stimulate the same feelings: a love poem, a painting of two lovers, and a romantic melody. The first two explicitly portray love, whereas the latter last does so in a deeper and more mysterious way.

-------------------
Edité par traviskidd le 18-10-2005 17:36
"Latter" is used when there are only two.
(As for your definition of art, I think you have described perfectly what art is. )

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de serena, postée le 12-10-2005 à 05:52:11 (S | E)
Hi there!

Aimen, I've just seen your post (too late as usual I'm sorry), many thanks for what you say.
Also, I find your idea very interesting. Will we be supposed to draw here, in the site?
About Mona Lisa and Da Vinci, I've wondered what she could mean by her strange and clever smile until I read "Da Vinci Code" (Dan Brown). Don't know if he's right or not... Ok, I'm not going to talk about this here.
Awaiting your exercise.

Lepingouin, nice way to talk about those artistic means.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de aimen7, postée le 12-10-2005 à 10:45:00 (S | E)
Hi everybody,
If I were asked to illustrate the poem "Le bateau ivre" now, I would probably have the same idea as yours lethidee: Drawing "a bottle with a message inside" or "a ghosty vessel wandering over the seas without never casting anchor". But at the time I was young, I just imagined a "drunk" boat at sea and some bottles thrown into the sea. My art teacher liked it very much and gave me a good mark for that artistic performance. UseNeedless to tell you that I was very proud.
I was proud also when one day my kid wrote to me thatis poem: "Mum, you're as beautiful as a rainbow!". Have you ever read poems coming from young children? This is pure art, brut art. Don't you agree with me?
Have a nice day!

-------------------
Edité par traviskidd le 18-10-2005 17:22
-------------------
Edité par traviskidd le 20-10-2005 05:55
"Without" is already a negation, so "without never" would be a double negation.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 12-10-2005 à 20:03:58 (S | E)
Hello Aimen

How lucky you are to have to receive every day the words of your kid!
Yes, it's true that childhood is a lost paradise where the dreams and the reality are mixed and where the life may be so light or so heavy; it depends ofn the context and people around, but the words of children are so unexpected and fleeting that we must be very vigilant to catch them and keep them like treasure.

-------------------
Edité par traviskidd le 18-10-2005 17:25

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de jubilee, postée le 18-10-2005 à 10:20:54 (S | E)
I really like paintings like Turner's style (1775-1851). He painted faintful landscapes with great details.

Lien Internet

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de laydown009, postée le 18-10-2005 à 19:10:12 (S | E)
Hi,talking about the favourite form of art let me think of beautiful-things and nature , so the nature of art is wonderful as it is hard to find nowadays, with our huge and fast developing , everything is artificial and with pollution too , i wonder , are there still any nature in the future ?

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de sokito26, postée le 19-10-2005 à 16:33:18 (S | E)
my favorite art is painting when i was young i'm used to paint for me it's the only way to express myself and my relation with my environement.amid all this i appraise all kind of arts even if it's diffirent of my culture as aradic citisen,because the art is one of the manners of humain expressing.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de meluzine, postée le 30-10-2005 à 03:42:45 (S | E)
My favotive favourite form of art is... hem... all! I like it all! But... okay, I prefer the the drawing, because I can do it!

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 05-11-2005 07:19

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de tiana-nova, postée le 04-11-2005 à 10:40:56 (S | E)
What's my favorite form of art? Without hesitation: painting, music and poetry! Cause Because theses forms of art give us the best way to express our soul's feelings: with colours, words and sounds!

-------------------
Edité par lucile83 le 05-11-2005 07:21

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de to-be-free, postée le 04-11-2005 à 23:31:17 (S | E)
Hi
At first sight, is the question “which transport do you prefer” or “what is your favourite form of art”? As I am concerned I give heed more to design art. It consists in making goods more suitable and easily for use by improving their forms and functions. For example, my computer mouse must be developed. Sometimes I have some difficulties to click on links when surfing in the web, even I push on button as strong as I do, or I lose sight of its spot in the screen. So I am obligated to start again my computer to reset all. Sometimes, as I go along with surfing in the web my hand sweats. So it’s soaked. Should I cut down my surfing time?

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de embata, postée le 08-11-2005 à 12:31:06 (S | E)
:it is very important to know art, specially music . When I hear music
I am very happy,also I like some painters such as:Goya, Klimt or Frieda Kahlo they speak to my heart

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de armynot, postée le 15-11-2005 à 17:33:50 (S | E)
Each period of history brings something in art. I love paintings. My boss to, and our company is an art gallery!!!it is a real pleasure to enter into it.

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 16-11-2005 à 13:27:57 (S | E)
Hello armynot

You are very lucky to work in a art gallery. Are there only modern art or different kinds of expressions ? I like also very much photos exhibitions, specially in black and white concerning people and their faces and emotion expressions.
See you

Réponse: Which is your favourite form of art?? de lethidee, postée le 20-11-2005 à 11:17:11 (S | E)
Hello everybody

I came back from Paris since last Tuesday and I had the chance to visit the town center by night .
How beautiful was the Eiffel Tower all sparkling !
I was enthusiastic like a child when I saw the buildings of Lafayette' Galeries and Printemps which twinkled by thousand of light.
I think that some presentations of illuminations are also a form of art.
See you

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux