Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Bac/Spaces and exchanges

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Spaces and exchanges
    Message de newphyte posté le 30-04-2016 à 11:18:41 (S | E | F)
    Bonjour,
    pouvez-vous me donner quelques conseils quant à la correction de mon oral du Bac ?
    Je vous remercie d'avance.

I'm going to talk about the notion "Spaces and exchanges". This notion deals with the geographical and symbolic areas that all societies occupy and the interactions between men and different societies. I think that travelling best embodies this notion, because it enables to exchange with others countries, other people, others cultures and to learn from them. So, we may wonder : how travalling helps us to understand the world ? So, let's start !

I Understanding people through travelling
    First of all, we can understanding people through travelling. The Motorcycle Diaries is a movie by Walter Salles about Che Guevara's travel around the South of America which pushes him to fight against socio-economic inequalities in these countries. Indeed, in this movie Che Guevara's meeting many poor people living in difficult circumstances, ignored by government. It is thanks to this direct and human contact that he cans really understand latinos' situation.
    Moreover, in class, we saw an article from The Guardian about a young woman called Tithiya Sharma. This former journalist decided to quit his job to travel around the world, looking for real-life heroes. She mets completely different people : from prostitutes in Thailand to feminists in Israel and doctors in Congo. In her blog, Tithiya Sharma tells unsung champions' stories. So, this document shows that travelling cans help people to be open-minded and to meet extraordinary and wonderful persons as she did. It cans also make us questionning about what makes a hero, how human can accomplished this amazing acts, even in difficult circumstances.

II Understanding our world and our human conditions through travelling
    And thereafter, we're going to see that travelling cans open our minds about our world. The movie Into the wild by Sean Penn deals with a young man, Christopher Mc Candless, who leaves his middle class existence, looking for wild life, freedom and truth in Alaska. It's a film about the quest of identity. With our society based on money, fake relationships, appearances and politics, it may be complicated to know who we are. So, discovering new places, new people, new different cultures cans help us to understand what we are, who we are, our human conditions and our world in general.

Conclusion : In conclusion, we have seen that we can understanding people, ourselves and our world through travelling. In our modern-day world, sometimes, we don't see that things can be superficial. And I will finish with an extract of Society song by Eddie vedder : "I think I need to find a bigger place, because when you have more than you think, you need more space".

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 30-04-2016 11:59

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais