Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Grammar tenses/help

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Grammar tenses/help
    Message from mohammad51 posted on 08-03-2024 at 14:56:41 (D | E | F)
    Hello
    Could you please help me to solve this exercise?

Indeed, the exercise is too long, so I will post a part of it.

Thank you in advance
    Modals express suggestions

As it was told here or there, the most modal verbs which are used to express " suggestion" are
    Should , shouldn't , could. Some would add " can" when asking about request
    May and might sometimes are also used
    ------
    EX: Fill in the blanks with the appropriate form and tense
    simple present, present progressive, simple past, future (be going to / will), modal auxiliaries.

My answers inside lines
    At first, she was not ( not / be) familiar with the techniques. But now, she understands (understand) much more. For example, she knows she can draw (draw/suggestion) the design on paper first, and then she has to cut (cut/obligation) the tile carefully.
    Last week, she finished (finish) her second piece. What did she make (make)? She made (make) a small picture.

My question is especially about the suggestion :

For example, she knows she can draw (draw/suggestion) the design on paper first,..........

Re: Grammar tenses/help from gerondif, posted on 08-03-2024 at 15:27:19 (D | E)
    Hello
    I would have said :
    At first, she was not ( not / be) familiar with the techniques. But now, she understands (understand) much more. For example, she knows she should draw (draw/suggestion) the design on paper first, and then she will have to ( if you didn't have to respect "obligation ", she will be able to would have been fine too.) cut (cut/obligation) the tile carefully.
    Last week, she finished (finish) her second piece. What did she make (make)? She made (make) a small picture.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only