Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

preparing for the TOEIC (1)

<< English only || En bas

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

preparing for the TOEIC
    Message de mr-cyclopede posté le 10-04-2007 à 18:42:15 (S | E | F | I)

Hello

Here is my first message in this forum

Some of you, by the way I talk, will certainly guess my mother tong.
    So, yes I'm French, nobody's perfect, does he ?

Here is my question.
    I want to go for a TOEIC test, I do not have any date at the moment, but my aim is to obtain a minimum result of 800 pts.

I've already seen, on the official TSF website shop, many books for preparation.
    Do you have any advice for choosing one of them, especially for the final result I'm heading to ?

I do not have any estimation of my present english level. Here again some of you, with the numbers of mistakes present in this message, will have a precise idea of the real distance to Tipperary !!!

Thanks a lot

Marc

Réponse: preparing for the TOEIC de doumyra, postée le 10-04-2007 à 19:47:44 (S | E)
    Hello,

I am really not in a position to judge you, but I would advice in such a case to to go and take the "test de niveau" available on this great site (anglaisfacile of course ).

You still seem a bit awkward with your English but so am I...
    Try to widen your vocabulary and to search for online tests on Google if the "Test de niveau" is not enough!

Réponse: preparing for the TOEIC de soniat6, postée le 13-05-2007 à 15:01:43 (S | E)
    Hello,
    For the TOEIC test, I advice you to do a first test to know your level and your difficulties (oral, grammatical or comprehension) . 800 points is a very good score. If you use to speak english you can succeed to have this score. The best is to do some exercices on anglaisfacile.com!!!read articles, watch movies and to do a lot of tests because the question and item are often similar! However, a good book to improve with a lot of advices : "30 days to the TOEIC test" you can buy it at : www.petersons.com
    good cheer!!!
    A+

Réponse: preparing for the TOEIC de niceprom, postée le 14-05-2007 à 20:23:49 (S | E)
    Hello
    You know what? you're not the only one to think about sitting for this test. Since i've been informed about it a couple of months ago it has been on my mind as well. Just like you I truly question myself about my ability to take such an exam...Are we both heading for a crash or a smashing score? As i have once been told:There is only one way to know it and it's to do it.. So "Just do it" and let me know about your score.
    Niceprom

Réponse: preparing for the TOEIC de brk, postée le 19-06-2007 à 15:24:44 (S | E)
    Hi everyone

I took the TOEIC twice thanks to my school and I must say that, unlike TOEFL, TOEIC is all about training. Someone who can barely speak English can easily get a pretty good TOEIC score if he takes the good exercises. TOEIC exam looks always the same, and we used to do a lot of TOEIC-like tests before taking the exam. So if you don't feel comfortable with English yet, exercise, exercise and exercise and you'll get 800 at TOEIC ! I would recommend the partner oral placement test of this website which really looks alike the first part of the TOEIC.

Have a good one

Réponse: preparing for the TOEIC de mylady, postée le 14-08-2007 à 21:02:53 (S | E)
    Hi everybody,
    I don't know why everybody on this site wants to take a Toefl/Toeic exam???
    I just wanted to say that TOEFL and TOEIC are mostly for American universities. For the British universities you've got the Cambridge exams (FCE, CAE...) which are very good exams, recognised by a lot of universities and companies. I've just pass the FCE exam and now I am preparing the next level CAE. If you're interested do not hesitate to ask me any questions. I will be glad to answer you.

Réponse: preparing for the TOEIC de gaufre, postée le 23-08-2007 à 13:36:36 (S | E)
    hi, three months ago, i wanted to make this test for my future ecole. two days ago, i decided to make a test for December 2007. My most difficulty is the poorly dictionary. because there are many different things between my motherlangue and english. So now, i learn 40 new words of TOEIC each day. i think one month later i will make a test to know which point i must be careful........................
    bon courage pour TOEIC.

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE