Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

phrasal verbs (1)

<< English only || En bas

Ce sujet est fermé. Vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

phrasal verbs
    Message de katel posté le 30-12-2007 à 20:04:09

Hello everybody,

For my part, one of the main difficulty of English is the use of the phrasal verbs. If it's impossible to learn all of them, I would like to try to learn those which are used very regularly. However, I have some difficulty to keep them in mind and to use them properly in a sentence.

Therefore, what would you think to establish for the phrasal verbs the same practise as those used of the irregular verbs ?

Katel

-------------------
    Modifié par bridg le 30-12-2007 20:05
    English only

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 28-07-2008 10:07
    That member is no longer on the site.

Réponse: phrasal verbs de lucile83, postée le 31-12-2007 à 08:36:07
    Hello,
    Here you can find about 400 of them;I think it will be sufficient for now :
    Lien Internet

Regards.

-------------------
    Modifié par bridg le 21-01-2008 08:08
    And 1000 of them here
    Lien Internet

Lien Internet

+ to get
    Lien Internet

+ to take
    Lien Internet

And do you remember this one?? it's yours in 2004
    Lien Internet

Réponse: phrasal verbs de chrislondon, postée le 31-12-2007 à 20:11:16
    It's a good idea to learn them in a meaningful context. Try to remember a sentence that means something to you and it will be easier. When you see them in a reading text underline them, look them up in a good dictionary, then write another sentence of your own.
    Best Wishes

Réponse: phrasal verbs de asma25, postée le 20-01-2008 à 22:59:33
    choose the celeber verbs and use them in sentences, and practice these sentences. and day after day those verbs can be stay in your memory

Réponse: phrasal verbs de lencie, postée le 22-01-2008 à 20:29:53
    when i'm visited USA for a first time,i was not happy cause every days my cousins spoke with me in english i don't knew anything in thi language,now i'm cool because i can understand some words and speak.

Réponse: phrasal verbs de nawel_ame, postée le 17-02-2008 à 17:51:35
    the right question that you need to find an answer before starting any work is: can i keep it in my mind?you have not a problem of phrasal verbs but of memory. an advice say to your self every day i can remind this and that juste consentrate and repeat once and again even if the same phraral don't worry you need to habit your self of such work and you will succeed.

Réponse: phrasal verbs de aallii24, postée le 22-02-2008 à 18:14:32
    Hello,

the phrasal verbs are very important and very difficult to remember them too.
    Just practise them every day, make a sentences and watch TV. it will be Ok

Réponse: phrasal verbs de serinity, postée le 26-06-2008 à 21:50:43
    hello
    I advice you to use them in sentences so that you'll remember them easily when you remember the whole sentence it'll be easy believe me.
    for exemple: turn to / turn down
    e.g1:Turn to him when you have a problem.
    e.g2:I told her to come with me but she turned me down.

Réponse: phrasal verbs de mathy11, postée le 05-07-2008 à 15:00:42
    Hello katel ; so i think the best way to remember the phrasal verbs is to use them in differents sentences and try to read them every day specially in the mornings. I advise you also to write the opposites one in your notebook, for exemple go up and go down.

Réponse: phrasal verbs de hoger, postée le 06-07-2008 à 12:33:43
    I strongly agree with the others' suggestions to learn the things in meaningful contexts/sentences. In addition, you may want to take a list of them and sort them by prepositions; in many cases (not all cases!) you may find that the same prepositions convey the same or related meanings, e.g. if you look at go up, get up, bring up, you may be able to find (or construct for yourself) images or "implied meanings" of lifting someone or something on a higher level or position or a taller size ("bring up a child"), even if you only imagine putting something on a conference table or bring something hidden "up" to the surface ("bring something up in a conversation")—to wake up would be one of the exceptions, i.e. one of the cases that I would be hard-pressed to explain.
    -------------------
    Modifié par bridg le 13-07-2008 15:31
    link erased

Réponse: phrasal verbs de trainer, postée le 15-07-2008 à 06:03:53
    Hi Katel, I think the best way to learn phrasal verbs is to watch US/UK TV sitcoms and read novels, as new phrasal verbs keep getting added to English because of changing street lingo.

Réponse: phrasal verbs de gogo55, postée le 28-07-2008 à 08:50:27
    Read as much as possible. Collect sentences in which the phrasal verbs are when you encounter phrasal verbs that you don't know. Review your collection from time to time.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.