Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

provide copies ..

<< English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

provide copies ..
    Message from zebulon74 posted on 26-08-2009 at 11:51:03 (D | E | F)

Hi everyone,

I have applied for a job overseas, and the boss is going to call me this evening. But before, in an email, he asks me to "provide copies of any written (in English) references that you may have."

What does it mean ?? I already have given all my references (experiences) through my CV, so what does he really want ?

Thanks...

-------------------
    Edited by bridg on 26-08-2009 11:53
    title

Re: provide copies .. from alili, posted on 26-08-2009 at 12:00:03 (D | E)
    When applying for a job, your "references" are your former employers or the people you've worked with. You either need to provide the name, phone number and e-mail addresses of your "references" (so that your prospective boss can ask them about you, check that you actually have the skills you claim to have on your CV, etc.), or to provide copies of the recommendation letters these people have written for you (if they have!).

Re: provide copies .. from zebulon74, posted on 26-08-2009 at 12:08:16 (D | E)
    THANK YOU !!!

It's what I thought, but I was not quite sure because I never heard about these recommendation letters that people write for you. Is it common in other countries to do so ?
    Anyway, I will give him the address of each "references".

Thank you again !!

Re: provide copies .. from alili, posted on 26-08-2009 at 12:19:43 (D | E)
    It's very common in the English-speaking world, I believe.
    Check out this page (among many others), for instance:
    Lien Internet

Re: provide copies .. from zebulon74, posted on 31-08-2009 at 22:10:26 (D | E)
    Thank you very much alili ! You helped ma a lot. I didn't have any recommendation letters so I did what you said : I sent him the contact details of my former employers.
    The boss called me, and we had a good talk. I'm going to know very soon if I'll get the job or not.
    Thanks again !

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

<< English only