Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Triple Word Challenge 7

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Triple Word Challenge 7
    Message from lucile83 posted on 25-10-2011 at 23:30:35 (D | E | F)
    Hello,

After asking jonquille about this game, she told me she hadn't got enough time left to start a new TWC, and told me to feel free about it.
    Here I am then!
    jonquille will try to visit us when she can

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (20-40 words) or longer (60-80 words).

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
    2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
    3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
    4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
    5) Game end: Each game will finish on the date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
    6) Text: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Closing date for this game: Sunday,October 30th UTC time

Your challenge – to use these words:
    Noun : game
    Adjective :several
    Verb : hear

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from lucile83, posted on 25-10-2011 at 23:36:28 (D | E)
    Hello,

I can already hear lots of sighs coming from several members who try to imagine sentences for this new game.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from aneth-estragon, posted on 26-10-2011 at 08:30:13 (D | E)
    Hello Jonquille, Lucile, it feels great to be back here!

The chief gathered several of the tribe's best hunters in his hut. They needed to hear his latest advice concerning the hunting of big game that was, according to the Wise Man, due to take place before the next new moon.

-------------------
    Edited by aneth-estragon on 26-10-2011 08:30

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from dolfine56, posted on 26-10-2011 at 10:32:45 (D | E)
    Hello, Jonquille and Lucile, what a good idea!
    Thanks to you.

I hear and I notice how much important the game is for babies:it's an essential activity that lasts several years.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from ariette, posted on 26-10-2011 at 16:23:17 (D | E)
    hear! hear! one of several sentence structure games, the product of several brains.
    The more you do, the more you learn.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from olcris, posted on 26-10-2011 at 18:22:47 (D | E)
    Hello,
    Can you hear this, game has several meanings, it can be used as a synonym of plucky, hunted animals , and of course match.
    Proud to participate

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 26-10-2011 20:52
    Words in blue

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from ng, posted on 26-10-2011 at 20:43:08 (D | E)
    Hello Lucile and Jonquille,
    Several birds were peeping so noisily in the tree that I felt as if I was in a game show; I couldn't hear myself think!

-------------------
    Thanks Aneth!

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from ariane6, posted on 26-10-2011 at 23:24:32 (D | E)
    Hello lucile, hello jonquille,
    If you want to hear my views on the game, the players need several years' experience before they're able to apply the strict rules correctly, so I don't think it'll end well.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from princess777, posted on 27-10-2011 at 01:47:31 (D | E)
    Once upon a time, in a cute country called "Mishumi Gam" in Japan, teenagers who were between ten and fifteen years, played at regional's games who sitted at the regional's stadium. Every years several teams fighted to win the trophee in order to have the honnor to go to a state like France or United States of the USA and a lot of presents. Among them, there was one of these teenagers, a boy who was a "WINNER": his name was Takahiro and he was in the Hashimushi Team. He succed all of the steps, all of the tests (physics or cerebrals tests)and allowed to his team to win every years the games. The others teams have not understood why Hashimushi team won at all times, but there is a reason at this success: I heard that his best player (Takahiro) was a very humble boy.

Thank you for your reading and Hope you enjoyed it!! and remember... You are a !!!!

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from lakata, posted on 27-10-2011 at 08:05:07 (D | E)
    Hello Lucile ! Hello Jonquille !

My goodness! I can hear my husband playing a game with the dog...Difficult to say who is the most exuberant of the two! And it's lasted for several minutes already...Definitely too much to me! Fed up with all that noise!

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from jonquille, posted on 29-10-2011 at 02:42:25 (D | E)
    Hello everyone!
    After a long week, I was tired....and decided to "play" here! So...to the tune of "Frère Jacques," I tried to sing myself to sleep with this.... (Alas! I sing off key...and woke myself up!)

I once did hear,
    I once did hear,
    Others did too,
    Others did too,
    Several friends are made here,
    Several friends are made here,
    Playing this game!
    Playing this game!

And...thank you Lucile for continuing the game while I'm buried in papers!

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from lucile83, posted on 29-10-2011 at 10:24:12 (D | E)
    Hello jonquille!

How nice it is to hear from you!
    Perhaps there will be several new messages before this friendly game is over.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from lakata, posted on 29-10-2011 at 14:18:44 (D | E)
    Hello dear Jonquille! Happy to "see" you again!

Don't worry, Lucile , I'm coming!

Did you hear last night's riots from your area? It had really nothing to do with the game of cops and robbers! Besides, several people were either shot dead or seriously injured...

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from matou94, posted on 29-10-2011 at 17:53:34 (D | E)
    Hello Jonquille, Lucile, Dolfine, Lakata, and C°

Did you hear about this game ? It's so enthralling that we can play for several hours, and there is a risk of addiction

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from alep, posted on 29-10-2011 at 18:22:00 (D | E)
    Hello everybody,
    Hear and hearken good folks, several answers are truly brilliant. This game is a real success!
    With pleasure,
    alep

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from lucile83, posted on 30-10-2011 at 10:10:19 (D | E)
    Hello

Did you hear the bells ringing for hours tonight? They rang several times in a row, which meant it was time to close this game.
    Thank you and may everyone have a nice weekend

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from lakata, posted on 30-10-2011 at 13:29:05 (D | E)

Lucile, for "switching on" this game again ! - you must have a better translation for "remettre en route", mustn't you!-

Enjoy your week end too!

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from lucile83, posted on 30-10-2011 at 15:02:00 (D | E)
    Hello lakata

Be careful with the electricity if you switch on the game!it might explode...
    If I were you I would play it again,or start it again, in a comfortable armchair

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from swan85, posted on 30-10-2011 at 22:01:11 (D | E)

Hello
    My granddaughter's favourite game is to play with her dolls though several of them need repairing.Sometimes I can hear her singing little songs for them, which she learnt at her nursery school.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from matou94, posted on 31-10-2011 at 11:11:53 (D | E)
    Lucile for this great TWC and your kindness.
    Nice day

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from ronja, posted on 03-11-2011 at 21:07:56 (D | E)
    Can we play such a kind of game again?

Re: Triple Word Challenge 7 from lucile83, posted on 03-11-2011 at 21:13:04 (D | E)
    Hi ronja,

Wait and see!
    Why didn't you play here in number 7?

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only