Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Triple Word Challenge 8

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Triple Word Challenge 8
    Message from lucile83 posted on 04-11-2011 at 08:46:19 (D | E | F)
    Hello

Here is TWC8. Hope you'll enjoy it

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (20-40 words) or longer (60-80 words).

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
    2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
    3)Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
    4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
    5) Game end: Each game will finish on the date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
    6) Text: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.
    Closing date for this game: Thursday,November 10th

Your challenge – to use these words:
    Noun : state
    Adjective : real
    Verb : sing

Hi jonquille! we think of you

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from dolfine56, posted on 04-11-2011 at 10:51:58 (D | E)
    Hi, Lucile, and Jonquille
    Thanks for this new challenge !

As soon as John received his real good marks,he was in such a good state that he began to sing like a nightingale,all the day long.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from lakata, posted on 04-11-2011 at 13:19:59 (D | E)
    Hello Lucile, Jonquille, Dolfin !

After playing hide and seek the whole afternoon, my grandson had got in such a state that once in bed, he didn't want to sleep.
    I couldn't ask him to count sheep as he can't count yet.
    Then the -foolish!- idea suddenly occured to me to sing him to sleep...but...I sing out of tune and it turned to be a real disaster!
    All that is not for real since I don't have any grandchildren and I still sing in tune...most of the time!

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from headway, posted on 04-11-2011 at 15:58:09 (D | E)
    Hello

There's no need to be in a state folks. I promised I wouldn't get Lucile to sing for I know that would be real torture. So please relax and settle down

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from alep, posted on 04-11-2011 at 17:04:33 (D | E)
    Hi there,

Sing your song,
    State your mind,
    Be your real self.

We'll sing along,
    Such is my state of mind,
    And, be sure it's for real!

alep

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from matou94, posted on 04-11-2011 at 19:20:13 (D | E)
    Hello everybody

It is not her real voice because she sings in playback ; the state of the sound dubbing is suitable for the Castafiore

-------------------
    Edited by matou94 on 05-11-2011 08:39

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from ariane6, posted on 04-11-2011 at 21:53:38 (D | E)

Hello lucile,

People don't sing anymore, they are suffering real fear because of this police state.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from lucile83, posted on 05-11-2011 at 08:47:19 (D | E)
    Hello

That woman is not in a fit state to drive! She has got a real drink problem and may cause an accident.
    Morever she listens to the radio and sings while driving ,when she doesn't call her friend on her mobile phone.

Have a nice weekend

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from notrepere, posted on 09-11-2011 at 05:12:48 (D | E)
    Hello!

I live in Washington State, which is situated in the northwestern part of the United States. We say Washington 'state' to distinguish ourselves from the 'other' Washington: D.C. which stands for 'District of Columbia'. I live in Seattle which is also known as 'Rain City'. The fact that it rains all the time in Seattle is a myth. However, the fact that we have over 300 cloudy days a year is real. During the winter, the days are short. Coupled with our cloudy days, it starts getting dark around 3 o'clock p.m. Most of the birds fly south for the winter. If you lived here, you wouldn't want to be a bird and sing during our winter either. I'd rather be a bird and fly south too.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from chandnii1988, posted on 09-11-2011 at 05:17:03 (D | E)
    Dear Friend,

We can state that you are a real singer and you will get an opportunity to sing a song in film industry.

Thank You
    Chandni.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 8 from lucile83, posted on 11-11-2011 at 21:14:52 (D | E)

Hello

Thank you for your texts. They are quite nice indeed.
    I heard some birds sing,I guessed some feelings through the different states of mind,and real sadness about the 'Rain City'.

Have a nice weekend,...and wave goodbye to every bird you see flying south because some day they will fly back north.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only