Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Sentences/correction

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Sentences/correction
    Message from jou1973 posted on 06-04-2012 at 19:43:33 (D | E | F)
    Hello,

I would appreciate if somebody could kindly correct these sentences.
    Thanks in advance

1) Dear penfriend, how are you these days? I'm sorry I haven't written to you for over six months! I haven't been ill, you know, just lazy! I'm writing now to invite you to come and stay with us in April. You are welcome to come for as long as you like. It will be good to see you again; if the weather is better than last time, we all can go up to London for a few days! We are all looking forward to seeing you againg at Easter. All the best, Pat.

2) Dear Judy, you'll see from the address above that we have moved. I have meant to write to you ever since we have come to this village. Sorry, but we hadn't had/haven't had much time these last few months. When we drove up to Cheltenham last year to see my sister, we stopped here to look at some antique shops. Peter and I had never seen the place before, and we fell in love with it at once. We hadn't thought before then about leaving London, but we made an immediate decision to come here to live. We had no difficulty selling our house in London quickly, and we soon found this cottage. We have been living here for six months now and we have never regreted our decision for a moment.

3)
    Doctor: Sit down, Mr Gosling. What can I do for you?
    Mr G.: It's my back. It is giving/gives me a lot of pain.
    D.: You had had very bad pains at one time, I believe?
    Mr G.: Yes, about three years ago. Then I went into hospital for an operation. It had been a lot better after that for some time.
    D.: And what happened now?
    Mr G.: Last Sunday I suddenly got this pain. I was sitting at the table when I felt it. I had finished digging the garden about an hour before the pain started. It's quite bad. It goes all the way up my back.
    D.: This sounds like your old problem.
    Mr G.: Ever since it has happend I have been hopping it would go away, but there is no sign of it getting better.
    D.: I think they'd better have a look at you at the hospital.

4) A man who was dressed as a farm-labourer was walking along a street in London. He was carrying a parcel in one corner of which there was some writing which stated that it contained 1000.- in banknotes. The countryman was looking this way and that as if in search of some particular house where the parcel should be delivered. Another man who was passing at the time went up to him and asked him what he was looking for. The countryman showed him the parcel and asked him to read the address, because he had forgotten it and was unable to read. The other man replied, "Oh, this parcel is for me. I have been expecting it for a long time. The countryman seemed glad to hear this and asked half-a-crown for his trouble. The other paid him at once and went to a quiet corner to examine the parcel. It contained nothing but an old newspaper neatly folded up.

The end!

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 06-04-2012 21:25

Re: Sentences/correction from notrepere, posted on 06-04-2012 at 20:23:33 (D | E)
    Hello

1) Dear penfriend, how are you these days? I'm sorry I haven't written to you for over six months! I haven't been ill, you know, just lazy! I'm writing now to invite you to come and stay with us in April. You are welcome to come for as long as you like. It will be good to see you again; if the weather is better than last time, we all can go up to London for a few days! We are all looking forward to seeing you againg at Easter. All the best, Pat.

2) Dear Judy, you'll see from the address above that we have moved. I have meant to write to you ever since we have come to this village. Sorry, but we hadn't had/haven't had much time these last few months. When we drove up to Cheltenham last year to see my sister, we stopped here to look at some antique shops. Peter and I had never seen the place before, and we fell in love with it at once. We hadn't thought before then about leaving London, but we made an immediate decision to come here to live. We had no difficulty selling our house in London quickly, and we soon found this cottage. We have been living here for six months now and we have never regreted(spelling) our decision for a moment.

3)
    Doctor: Sit down, Mr Gosling. What can I do for you?
    Mr G.: It's my back. It is giving/gives me a lot of pain.
    D.: You had had very bad pains at one time, I believe?
    Mr G.: Yes, about three years ago. Then I went into hospital for an operation. It had been a lot better after that for some time.
    D.: And what happened now?
    Mr G.: Last Sunday I suddenly got this pain. I was sitting at the table when I felt it. I had finished digging in the garden about an hour before the pain started. It's quite bad. It goes all the way up my back.
    D.: This sounds like your old problem.
    Mr G.: Ever since it has happend I have been hopping it would go away, but there is no sign of it getting better.
    D.: I think they'd better have a look at you at the hospital.

4) A man who was dressed as a farm-labourer was walking along a street in London. He was carrying a parcel in one corner of which there was some writing which stated that it contained $1000.- in banknotes. The countryman was looking this way and that as if in search of some particular house where the parcel should be delivered. Another man who was passing at the time went up to him and asked him what he was looking for. The countryman showed him the parcel and asked him to read the address, because he had forgotten it and was unable to read. The other man replied, "Oh, this parcel is for me. I have been expecting it for a long time. The countryman seemed glad to hear this and asked half-a-crown for his trouble. The other paid him at once and went to a quiet corner to examine the parcel. It contained nothing but an old newspaper neatly folded up.

-------------------
    Edited by notrepere on 07-04-2012 04:20

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only