Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Letter/University in USA

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Letter/University in USA
    Message from mouhssin610 posted on 18-02-2013 at 11:34:27 (D | E | F)
    Hello,

I want to write a letter to the University in the USA.
    Could you help me please to correct the following letter that I wrote.
    Thank you for your answers.

Hello Sir or Madam,

I am XXXX from XXXXX, I am asking about admission at your University, I need a help about my situation, because I'll get my green card in May 2013. then I'll be in the United sate this summer. I am searching to continue my studies there as well. You'll find my resume attached in this e-mail for more information . My major is Electrical Engineering, after getting my High School Diploma in Physics sciences with honor, I've studied for two years at the University XXXXXXX In Higher School of Technology, major : Electrical Engineering.
    After that diploma I've studied for one year in National Higher school of Arts and Trades at the same University, my major was XXXXXXX, plus 3 month of training Period at XXXXX Company.

Actually, I am working as XXXXXXXXX at XXXXXX company.

My questions are :

1 - When I get there, what should I get ? Transfer student? Freshman?
    2 - Can I have an equivalence to my diploma? if I provide information about credit hours that I've studies.
    3 - How about financial aid or scholarship? Can I have them when I'll be a resident?
    4 - What benefit can the Green Card give to me?

For more information about the program for the both schools, I'll provide them if necessary.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 18-02-2013 12:37

Re: Letter/University in USA from sherry48, posted on 23-02-2013 at 00:14:11 (D | E)
    Hello.
    A few minor corrections for you to begin with.
    Hello Sir or Madam,

I am XXXX from XXXXX, I am asking about admission at your University, I need a help about my situation, because I'll get my green card in May 2013. then I'll be in the United sate this summer. I am searching to continue my studies there as well. You'll find my resume attached in this e-mail for more information . My major is Electrical Engineering, after getting my High School Diploma in Physics (sciences) with honor, I've studied for two years at the University XXXXXXX In Higher School of Technology, major : Electrical Engineering.
    After that diploma I've studied for one year in National Higher school of Arts and Trades at the same University, my major was XXXXXXX, plus _ 3 month of training Period at XXXXX Company.

Actually, I am working as XXXXXXXXX at XXXXXX company.

My questions are :

1 - When I get there, what should I get ? Transfer student? Freshman? (Revise this question about your status).
    2 - Can I have an equivalence to my diploma? if I provide information about credit hours that I've studies.
    3 - How about financial aid or scholarship? Can I have them when I'll be a resident? Will I be eligible for....
    4 - Of What benefit is the Green Card give to me (There are web sites for you to look this up, and I don't think would include it here. Or are these questions you want the answers to here, on this forum?)
    Sherry

-------------------
    Edited by sherry48 on 23-02-2013 00:14

Re: Letter/University in USA from stammer, posted on 04-03-2013 at 20:48:47 (D | E)
    Hello,
    I agree with Sherry's corrections and would remind you to watch out for "Actuellement"/"Actually".
    See here:
    Link

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only