Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Reading books/help

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Reading books/help
    Message from qaz879 posted on 10-10-2013 at 08:00:39 (D | E | F)
    Hello

Can you help me please?
    Thank you.

Which kind of books is suitable for English beginners?

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 10-10-2013 08:59

Re: Reading books/help from simplicius, posted on 10-10-2013 at 09:12:33 (D | E)
    Hello,
    It depends on your level. If you're a pure beginner it's probably too early to read a book. But I guess you are not a pure beginner. My experience is,
    choose an English book (or US book, whatever) which you have already read in your native language, and which you enjoyed so much that you re-read it several times. And try to read it in English. You will be much more motivated, and the fact that you know the book already will help you a lot.
    You may find it useful to use an e-reader, if it has a good English->your language dictionary. My experience is that it makes looking up words less tedious.
    My two cents... Have a nice day,
    S.

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 10-10-2013 09:57

Re: Reading books/help from violet91, posted on 10-10-2013 at 11:29:40 (D | E)
    Hello ,

You can also find abbreviated or bilingual versions of famous books in the English department of a bookstore. ( maybe, in a students one, , if there is any in your town or a students library at university ) . You choose your level according to your own case : beginners / intermediate/ advanced.
    There is a big choice of different styles : great BE and AE novels ( quite shortened which makes your reading much easier and added notes to explain this or that word/ expression ; a glossary, then a comprehension quiz generally complete this type of books ) , detective , thrillers .., anything worth reading and so on .
    Finally , you may find such editions online .

Hope this helps too .

Re: Reading books/help from lathif, posted on 28-10-2013 at 07:31:36 (D | E)
    Hello,
    I think RAYMOND MURPHY book is very useful to beginners..
    A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Intermediate Learners...

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 28-10-2013 08:17

Re: Reading books/help from meemee, posted on 18-11-2013 at 00:47:01 (D | E)
    Hi!
    Even if I speak English a bit, I have to say that reading books in English is really hard to me. So, I keep learning English and the day I will feel ready, I will begin to read in English.
    Don't give up =)

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only