Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Cover letter/Need help

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Cover letter/Need help
    Message from micric posted on 18-12-2013 at 14:56:33 (D | E | F)
    Hello,
    I have to write a cover letter for a position to be sent online; I am Italian, and I am sure there are a lot of errors, and of course I would be happy to hear suggestions about the contents too.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Hello,
    I am xxx xxx, 26 years old from xx, xxx. I am writing to apply for the xxx position, in the Area of Propulsion and Aerothermodynamics.
    I am currently following a one year, second level specialization course in Space Transportation Systems at University of xxx; this master course is partly sponsored, among others, by xxx. Last year I got my Master’s Degree in Space Engineering; before that, I graduated in Aerospace Engineering (both degrees achieved at University of xxx).
    During my Master’s Degree, I have focused my studies in the field of space propulsion, in particular in the branch of numerical analysis for chemical rocket motors; the main project I have worked on during these years has been my degree thesis: the main purpose of my work was the study of the thermochemical erosion of a graphite nozzle in a hybrid rocket motor, by means of a computational fluid dynamics code. Thanks to this experience, I have learned how to put in practice my theoretical studies, and I have become very confident in computational fluid dynamics and in the numerical simulation of chemical reactions. Having the chance to improve my skills at xxx would be an incredible opportunity for my personal growth and my career, not only for the obvious excellence in the technical field, but also because I could meet and work with people from all over Europe.
    I am fluent in English, both written and spoken, and I am currently studying French; I am Italian mother tongue.
    Please find attached my complete CV in the following pages.
    Thank you for your attention, I look forward to your response.

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 18-12-2013 17:52

Re: Cover letter/Need help from gerondif, posted on 18-12-2013 at 22:23:58 (D | E)
    Hello,
    You are better than you think you are. There are few mistakes in your text.

I am xxx xxx, 26 years old from xx, xxx. I am writing to apply for the xxx position, in the Area of Propulsion and Aerothermodynamics.
    I am currently following a one year, second level specialization course in Space Transportation Systems at the University of xxx ; this master course is partly sponsored, among others, by xxx. Last year I got my Master’s Degree in Space Engineering; before that, I graduated in Aerospace Engineering (both degrees achieved at the University of xxx).
    During my Master’s Degree,(after this date, I would use a preterite) I have focused my studies in the field of space propulsion, in particular in the branch of numerical analysis for chemical rocket motors; the main project I have worked on during these years has been my degree thesis: the main purpose of my work was the study of the thermochemical erosion of a graphite nozzle in a hybrid rocket motor, by means of a computational fluid dynamics code. Thanks to this experience, I have learned how to put into practice my theoretical studies, and I have become very confident in computational fluid dynamics and in the numerical simulation of chemical reactions. Having the chance (a dangerous word)to improve my skills at xxx would be an incredible opportunity for my personal growth and my career, not only for the obvious excellence in the technical field, but also because I could meet and work with people from all over Europe.
    I am fluent in English, both written and spoken, and I am currently studying French; I am Italian mother tongue.My mother tongue is Italian
    Please find attached my complete CV in the following pages.
    Thank you for your attention, I look forward to your response.
    (I look forward to hearing from you)

Re: Cover letter/Need help from jonquille, posted on 19-12-2013 at 03:37:41 (D | E)
    Hello!

The corrections/suggestions made by gerondif were what I would have made. However, I would also add one more change:
    Last year I got (received/earned) my Master’s Degree in Space Engineering;
    Good luck!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only