Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

One sentence/ Correction

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

One sentence/ Correction
    Message from airis posted on 07-02-2017 at 23:42:08 (D | E | F)
    Dear friends
    I am trying to improve my writing skills and wrote the sentence below, can you please evaluate the sentence from a native perspective?
    Thanks in advance ,

"The fundamental principle of veterinary science education is to raise conciseness about animal health care issues and animal welfare, ethic problems among veterinarian candidates."

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 08-02-2017 07:11

Re: One sentence/ Correction from gerondif, posted on 08-02-2017 at 00:26:43 (D | E)
    Hello,
    It is a long sentence, you need a five-litre lung capacity to read it through !
    Did you mean conciseness or consciousness ?
    "The fundamental principle of veterinary science education is to raise conciseness(consciousness?) about animal health care issues and animal welfare, ethic problems among veterinarian candidates."

Re: One sentence/ Correction from soei, posted on 17-02-2017 at 07:48:33 (D | E)
    Hi.
    I also think it is very long . The reader misses the aim of the sentence and also it's meaning during the reading it. Please rewrite.
    It's the first and most important problem.
    Have a nice time with my answer!

Re: One sentence/ Correction from phil512, posted on 06-03-2017 at 12:35:18 (D | E)
    Hello airis
    I'll join the club of the other contributors. You'd better make shorter sentences.
    Or, if you really want to keep this long one , and if I understand your ideas correctly , there might be a structural problem : use a comma after each matter (theme) and use (move) "and" before the last one.
    Wish you the best !

Re: One sentence/ Correction from zilazila, posted on 06-03-2017 at 12:35:45 (D | E)
    Hello,
    Your sentence is too long to read as one sentence. You should change and write two sentences.
    xxx

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 06-03-2017 14:58

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only