Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

The purpose of learning English (1)

<< English only || Bottom

This topic is now closed. You can't post a new reply.

Page 1 / 9 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | End | Bottom
    The purpose of learning English
    Message from rita_zoo posted on 27-03-2008 at 07:22:03

What is your purpose to learn English? In my opinion, I want to improve English for my job. I am a purchasing assistant in an international trade company. I need to communicate with my customer. I found you can't have enough confidence to deal with your job if you can't communicate fluently with your customers. So that is very important to improve my English! What about you?
    -------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2008 22:47
    Please write correct English,thank you.

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 14-08-2009 14:28
    This file has been closed because it is too big.

Re: The purpose of learning English by aliex, posted on 28-03-2008 at 08:45:56
    Hi guy,you are not alone ,I agree with you.I hope we can help each other in English. what about you? where are you from ? ho,I am from China.so if you want to learn Chinese,I can give you a great help.Now ,I study English by myself.welcome to China ,welcome to attend Beijing olympic games.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2008 22:43

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 28-03-2008 at 09:33:08
    hi all, I agree whith you too, coz because the English now is the first important language in the world , we have to learn English . we need it in our life so much to communicate with others and to know about other cultures.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2008 22:45

Re: The purpose of learning English by sweet, posted on 28-03-2008 at 10:12:19
    For me learning English is fundamental.I love this language,I'm studying it at university and it's a great pleasure for me to hear people speaking a good English!

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2008 22:48

Re: The purpose of learning English by malous, posted on 28-03-2008 at 11:01:37
    hello, for me English is very important because I teach it to my pupils at school and because I love it very much; when I started studying it the first time I appreciated talking that language, and of course as you surely know that, it is a lively language spoken everywhere.So it is really necessary to learn it.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2008 22:49

Re: The purpose of learning English by nana27, posted on 28-03-2008 at 19:23:31
    hi every body
    I'm interested in studying English bkz because I'm a student in English.English becomes the language of the world.MOREOVER;I love it so much and I have jalousy from am jealous of those people who have a good pronunciation.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2008 22:50

Re: The purpose of learning English by angelene, posted on 28-03-2008 at 22:52:57
    hi,

ohhhh, I can say that English is my life. I'm in my last year of English studies. I started learning English when I was 12. When I was 15, I became crazy about one Canadian artist, I wanted to understand what her songs were about, she uses sophisticated language so it was difficult for me to translate some lyrics. I also read interviews, articles, I watched TV programmes. As she was not very popular in Poland, most of them were in English. Some people eat pizza or ice creams, I was eating dictionaries and grammar books Really. Now I don't listen to her songs anymore but I'm grateful to her that she made me discover the beauty of English. With time, I became interested in English as a language system. It was natural that I chose linguistics as my major. Phonology, morphology, cognitive linguistics... It's really exciting! Now as a teacher, I try to make my students explore English so that they get satisfaction from it, because very often they study it only to pass some exams... So studies, work, even in my private life I use English to talk with my boyfriend as he doesn't know Polish.
    I can say that English is a part of my identity and my affair with it is a never-ending story.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2008 22:54

Re: The purpose of learning English by ycjoke, posted on 29-03-2008 at 19:03:06
    Well I am Chinese ,I am learning English for in order to communicate everywhere in the world.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 29-03-2008 19:24

Re: The purpose of learning English by annso, posted on 29-03-2008 at 20:32:07
    hi everyone
    I can exactly say why I want to learn English. It's just a pleasure for me, I really love this language. Moreover, like you said, it's the most spoken in the world so that's very helpful. Indeed, I would like to travel in the USA soon to improve my English, to discover another way to live of life and the people who live(s) there.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 29-03-2008 21:18

Re: The purpose of learning English by hada125, posted on 29-03-2008 at 22:08:06
    as for me ,I learn English because it's a language that I have always loved.When I was a child when I heard somebody speak English I was happy ,and today I am proud to be able to express myself in this language.Furthermore ,English is an international language so if you can speak English ,wherever you go in the world you will be able to communicate with the inhabitants.
    -------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 29-03-2008 22:14

Re: The purpose of learning English by minipucienne, posted on 30-03-2008 at 21:34:31
    Hi! I am learning English for my future job. It's necessary for me to improve my English for in order to speak with everyone in the world.

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 30-03-2008 21:52

Re: The purpose of learning English by samirov1, posted on 30-03-2008 at 22:04:34
    Learning English is very important because this langage is like a window through the world so tanks for everyone who want to help me to perfect it.

Re: The purpose of learning English by gastonet, posted on 31-03-2008 at 01:14:09
    Hi, I'm 61 years old and I'm retired now. For my job, I had had to speak English with a lot of foreigners. Many were not British and the only way to communicate was an approximative English language. Today, I haven't any opportunity to talk in English, so with all these exercises, I try to don't forget the few worlds I learnt in English.

Re: The purpose of learning English by emy01, posted on 31-03-2008 at 02:13:09
    Hello, for me it's a great pleasure to learn foreigner languages.I'm house wife and I want to be fluent at english in order to communicate with every body on the world and to know the last search in biology

Re: The purpose of learning English by djeg, posted on 31-03-2008 at 17:27:53
    Hello, my purpose to learning english is professional or simply to communicate with other people by the world. But after eleven years at school, I am not able to ear and repeat english words. The pronunciation be a brake for me. Have you some technical to improve my understanding of this language ? Have a good day and enjoy yourself.

Re: The purpose of learning English by mathy2008, posted on 31-03-2008 at 18:08:04

Since many years i was interest to learn english because i love this language. i lost  a lot of opportunities of job for this reason; i amnot able to speak correctly english. Today i am 48 years old and i think that it's not too late for me to affirm myself and get a good job. English is often the alone difficult condition for me. If i arrived to perfect my english, i will free to travel in differents countries where english is very speak.

Re: The purpose of learning English by steph-57, posted on 31-03-2008 at 20:10:17
    Hi, I'm french and I'm study English at school to pass my BTS of Personal Assistant. English is my second language, my first is German. If I want to work at Luxembourg, I must have a good English language.

Re: The purpose of learning English by youstralia, posted on 02-04-2008 at 12:38:02
    well i'm studying in because i intend to go to a foreign university english of corse.i just hope i will be accepted!!

Re: The purpose of learning English by kelilong, posted on 02-04-2008 at 14:38:08
    Hello! I am learning English for my job. It's necessary for me to improve my English. In order to communicate with my customer.

Re: The purpose of learning English by gracethebest, posted on 02-04-2008 at 14:45:11
    I'm proud to study and to speak english because English is the only language which sounds well when you're speaking. now I want to improve my way of ringing the bell well it means 'my way of speaking'.

Re: The purpose of learning English by fraizia30, posted on 02-04-2008 at 17:10:15
    Hi, i'm from belgium and i'm studing English for my job. I'm a research scientist and i think English language is very important in any fields. Moreover, we can go everywhere with this beautiful language .

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 02-04-2008 18:10
    Couleur texte

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 14-04-2008 at 14:24:36
    I am a seventy woman. I learned English in school during six years. I first learned German. But in the past, we learned to speak not enough . We read only texts and did translations. Now I am retired and I try to improve English, because it is the most usual world language and also because it's interesting . Internet is a good way to make progress... Thanks for the corrections!

Re: The purpose of learning English by lena44, posted on 14-04-2008 at 16:09:46
    I think it's really important to learn different languages because of the progress, for example with the internet, to speak with people all over the world. I learn english also because i would like to be a teacher with the little children. It's not always easy to learn a new language, moroever, french people are not really gifted, in general for that.

Re: The purpose of learning English by geni, posted on 14-04-2008 at 16:11:03
    Hi, I'm from Brittany, and I think English is very important in every day life. I have left school from several years now. But, I would like to speak English fluently. I love the accent.
    English is the universal language, you can communicate and be understood all around the world with it.
    Thanks for reading me...

Re: The purpose of learning English by katarinat, posted on 14-04-2008 at 19:02:04
    That's right, I'm here because I want to speak a fluent english for my futur job (if your english is good you can apply for any kind of jobs), for me but also because I love travelling and english is very important when you go abroad.

Re: The purpose of learning English by trurry, posted on 15-04-2008 at 09:56:45
    Some people learn english for job,some for interest,to me,i think i learn english just for talking,in another word,for communication.In our world,so many people speak english,i want to share my thoughts and feelings(not all) with other people,so i chose to learn it.If time is available,i want to learn as many kinds of foreign languages as possible,and then,i can communicate with more foreigners,knowing about their thoughts and their life.The whole world can really be a family for a person i beleive!

Re: The purpose of learning English by rainzy1021, posted on 17-04-2008 at 07:03:10
    I want learn English. In school, I though my English was not so bad. After I entered the compay, I found my English is not enough. No mater communiction or send letter English is required in any place. And I think if my English is good I could have better job and life. I will be more confident.

Re: The purpose of learning English by looping007, posted on 17-04-2008 at 09:53:28
    Hi, i come from Burgundy, and i want to learn English for change my job.
    i want to work in a other country, and they speak French and English.
    For my future job, i have to speak English and French. I learn with Assimil book and his cd. And i search an other / complementary action to progress in my project.
    Thank you

-------------------
    Modifié par looping007 le 17-04-2008 13:47

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 17-04-2008 at 14:21:35
    hello, i'm new in this web site, i'm a student and i want learn english to be able to talk with my friends in europe ,in my opinion i think it's a great idea

Re: The purpose of learning English by rooy, posted on 17-04-2008 at 14:57:50
    hi. i am very glad to give my opinion.
    for me this language is an international one.i am a football player and the different interviews are often made in english. so how can I NEGLECT IT
    thank you.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 18-04-2008 at 20:44:46
    Hallo,so many English learner! actually,I hate english very mush at my high school,I get a very low score in english in the college entrance examination.For this reason,I was harshly blamed by my parent and had no opportunity to study at key university.I change my sense until I graduated 2years ago,I think it is necessary to master this language as increasing international corporation were established,we must improve our personal competitive power in the job hunting as well as long-term career programming.
    For me,I hope to go abroad to study ,to travel and to know people from all over the world. The other important matter that should be mentioned is that 2008 is the year of olympic games which will be held in Beijing,China.
    AS a Chinese,I am proud of it and i'll learn english well enough to express myself correctly then.
    I now love it anyway.Wish you all success in learning english.