|> Other English exercises on the same topics: Speaking | Idioms | Jobs [Change theme]|
|> Similar tests: - Vocabulary: greeting people - Vocabulary: on the phone - On the phone - Interacting with someone - Dialogue : What time...? - Eating out-Vocabulary - Vocabulary: let's stay in a hotel - Differences between Like and As|
|> Double-click on words you don't understand|
Vocabulary: Customer Service
« CUSTOMER SERVICE»... In our present world where the customer is a king, where Customer is First, where you can choose to deal with a company, or another one, competition rules the markets. Consumers like to be shown interest and to be sure their satisfaction and well-being are taken into consideration. Each consumer likes to be regarded as an individual, with his own tastes and his precise needs and demands. Through their Consumer Services, companies reflect the respect they show their clients and how they keep their commitments towards the clients. A Customer service rep must THINK, ACT in a positive way, and be EFFICIENT.
If not, customers look aside to the competitors and make sure the initial company is given the publicity it deserves. There's a lot at stake, and the "GAME" has rules that you should know...
Customer service representative
/ CSR rep
|They provide customer service|
|Customer service training||Training given to future CS representatives|
|The Sales Department||...does the selling (to sell, I sold, sold => a sale)|
|Over-the-phone customer service||Customers helped over the phone|
|Face-to-face customer service||Customers helped in person.|
|Technical support||/ tech support|
|Outsourcing||Purchasing from an outside supplier|
|A call centre||Where a high volume of phone calls is handled|
|Customer loyalty/ Brand loyalty||Customers don't buy from the competition|
|Automated customer service||CS handled by an automatic process|
The key-words to an efficient CUSTOMER SERVICE:
ATTITUDE - INTEREST - ACTION - VERBAL LANGUAGE - BODY LANGUAGE - TONE and VOICE are important categories on which the Customer Services are going to put an emphasis, in order to work for your satisfaction.
How to offer an EXCELLENT Customer Service?
There are sentences which are reassuring and opening a dialogue, making customers sure that they are heard and will be satisfied. For the client too, it's important to know these expressions and to be able to recognise them in the Consumer service rep's mouth.
- It's my pleasure! = taking a servant position = offering the best possible service.
- I'd be happy to recommend... = find suitable alternatives
- Thanks for choosing us!= THANK customers for choosing you...
- I'll find a solution (right away)!= dedicated to finding solution
- I'm doing everything I can.../ Let me get this right/ I'll keep you updated...
- I understand your frustration./ Bear with me and I'll take care of it ASAP/ Please calm down so that I can help you.
- We'll have this sorted out in no time/ soon.= We'll find a solution/ We'll help you.
- I appreciate your patience! / Thanks for your patience! (when the customer has been patient!)
- It won't be ready on Sunday, I would appreciate your patience... (when you need the customer to be patient).
- That absolutely made my day! =You brighten the client's day; he appreciates the compliment or your answer.
- How can we make this right? = leave the solution up to the customer.
- I completely agree with you// I'll have to double check to ensure that aligns with our policy.
- Here's what I'm going to do for you...= sense of secrecy and VIP treatment
- I'm truly sorry to hear about your bad experience... (but don't admit company fault...)=> empathy and understanding.
- Is there anything else/ further I can help you with? = "ask and you shall receive".
- Thank you for letting us know about the situation./ understanding!
- Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything else.= they shouldn't hesitate to "bother" you.
- Here's an exclusive promotion we're offering to our loyal customers...= creating an exclusive "members-only" relationship.
- We're looking forward to serving/ seeing you again... = positive way to end a conversation.
English exercise "Vocabulary: Customer Service" created by here4u with The test builder. [More lessons & exercises from here4u]
Click here to see the current stats of this English test
Please log in to save your progress.
End of the free exercise to learn English: Vocabulary: Customer Service
A free English exercise to learn English.
Other English exercises on the same topics : Speaking | Idioms | Jobs | All our lessons and exercises