Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de virginia posté le 2004-06-09 10:11:52 (S | E | F | I)
For many people, Summer also means... HOLIDAYS...

I think that travelling is very important for the development of the mind (If you really set out without making plans, you learn very important notions such as tolerance, modesty, friendship...), and when you meet people who love discovering new countries, it's always interesting to share your different points of view.

So, according to your own experiences, what country do you like and why? If you have never travelled, what country would you like to visit?
Take care!

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-09 13:13:56 (S | E)
birmania.

Réponse: to virginia de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-09 13:49:22 (S | E)
I would like to visit Australia because I'm curious to know this country.Bye

Réponse: re de virginia, postée le 2004-06-09 18:43:30 (S | E)
An answer in one word... Great!!! Fantastic!!!! Who could do better? One syllable or sth like that... ;-) (I'm teasing)

I was expecting an argument a little bit more... developed...

Réponse: re de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-09 19:02:39 (S | E)
I'd like to visit Ethiopia and Lebanon.

Réponse: re I can de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-09 19:11:49 (S | E)
It.

Réponse: re de virginia, postée le 2004-06-09 19:17:01 (S | E)

In the meantime, what the complete expression of ""??

Réponse: re de michele013, postée le 2004-06-09 19:22:43 (S | E)
I wish I could visit Egypt, the sands, the pyramids, the sphinx, and also meet the people, their way of life and their horses. I'm in adoration with Egyptian Arabian horses, and I would like to see them in their own country of origin. Maybe one day!!!!

Réponse: to michele 013 de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-10 22:33:30 (S | E)
you'llnot be disapointed.There are many monuments , places and musuems and even towns to visit so, you'll never forget your trip .Bye

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-10 22:54:00 (S | E)
A cruise on the Nil ... with crocodiles ... Well, excepted the (Too) warm weather, it would be a great trip !!!!

Réponse: travellings de katel, postée le 2004-06-10 23:44:44 (S | E)
I like also travelling and I wish to visit Australia like ISMAMERA.

Travelling allow us to be more tolerant, less selfish insofar as these experiences may show us the luck we have. we can appreciate our way of life and the confort.

Réponse: to chrisg de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-12 12:22:03 (S | E)
we're speaking about Egypt and not Australia.Pherhaps; I didn't understand your message!!?? I hope you'll visit Egypt I'm sure it'll be GREAT !!???Bye, chrisg.

Réponse: to ISMAMERA de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-12 13:30:52 (S | E)
Chrisg said "A cruise on the Nil ... with crocodiles ... Well, excepted the (Too) warm weather, it would be a great trip !!!!"

What don't you understand in his message ! He's also talking about Egypt !!!

Réponse: re de gabynette, postée le 2004-06-12 13:40:29 (S | E)
I would like to visit Egypt too... because I think that this country is very beautiful and I love mythology!

Réponse: re de virginia, postée le 2004-06-12 14:40:25 (S | E)
I would have really enjoyed visiting Egyt! I was in Cairo for 24 hours last summer but I didn't have the time to visit because I was completely exhausted and I needed to rest... But if I have the opportunity to return to Cairo, I will visit it!!
Enjoy your trips!

Réponse: re to rosmatou de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-12 16:13:10 (S | E)
thanks girl. Well, I don't why she did not understood, it looks to be enough understandable !!!!

Réponse: Hum Hum... de virginia, postée le 2004-06-12 17:48:10 (S | E)
Why she did not underSTAND...

Réponse: to chrisg and rosminet de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-12 22:32:51 (S | E)
easy ! why ? because there are not any crocodiles in Egypt .So , I thought you made allussion to something else or to another country .
That's all !!!???? any more comments or questions ?YOU ARE WELCOME

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-12 23:07:05 (S | E)
Ha bon ? Et bien revois tes cours mon amie :

http://fr.msnusers.com/LEgypteancienne/gyptedaujourdhui.msnw

Et voila ...

Réponse: re de warda84, postée le 2004-06-13 00:27:20 (S | E)
I visited France three times ago and was very happy because that travel allowed me to know more about the Frensh people and had enlarged my ideas in several fields so I advice you to travel all over the world.

Réponse: TO CHISG de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-13 10:02:14 (S | E)
Eh! oui cher chrisg.I've lived there for 4 years and I've never heard or seen that trere are CROCODILES in the Nil .So, if you want to go there to see them it's better to change your destination.
Merci pour le lien , je vais le consulter sans tarder car je pense qu'il ne faut jamais etre sure à 100% et c'est comme ça qu'on apprend .Thans , bye .

Réponse: NB de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-13 10:05:50 (S | E)
correction:trere/there
thans/thanks

Réponse: to ISMAMERA de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-13 15:43:53 (S | E)
I watched different documentaries about Egypt and the Nil, and they spoke about crocodiles and showed them !!!

Réponse: re de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-13 15:44:46 (S | E)
But, that doesn't mean there are crocodiles .... everywhere in Egypt !!!

Réponse: re de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-13 20:37:59 (S | E)
Tolerance, less selfish and"open-mind" you are right virginia and katel .I've the luck to travel a lot with my family (souvent en post à l'étranger dans le cadre de la diplomatie) I 've learnt many things : to listen to people , try to understand them and correct but not too much correction because everyone is different from the other even if they share the same language , religion , country and even the same family. Tant qu'on est en vie en apprend et meme de plus petit que soi. Le savoir est un domaine trés vaste ,discuter oui mais vouloir s'imposer non . So, travelling is a good thing for people .I hope to visit more countries , meet more people and learn and share knowledges. Many thanks virginia for this topic Bye.

Réponse: re de gizm0, postée le 2004-06-14 10:47:25 (S | E)
I would love to visit some of my family in NEW ZELAND!
also I would like to travel to Italy (my boy friend is Italian)
Thinking thoroughly , I 'd like to go everywhere
I do hope I will be going away this summer to see my dad & sister in the south of France.. If only I could have a week or 2 off work!

Réponse: re de cicilamiss, postée le 2004-06-14 14:00:55 (S | E)
I would like to go to USA. I love this country !

Réponse: re to rosminet de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-15 11:37:24 (S | E)
and there are quite no cows in Paris City ....

Réponse: re de leduc, postée le 2004-06-15 12:29:24 (S | E)
HI Virginia,
I Like the subject , In my side I thing that Travelling is an Important action of communication, Travelling is the base of knowledges. I let you this sentence I like well: THE COMMUNICATION IS THE BEGINNING OF THE PROGRESS!!!

Réponse: re to leduc de virginia, postée le 2004-06-15 13:00:58 (S | E)
Communication is the beginning of progress.
I agree with you... Just look at this web site! To improve your English proficiency you need to communicate with the others! That's why I like this site. Indeed it seems that we can really share different points of view.
... It may be difficult to get in contact with people in everyday life... People need to be open-minded and sometimes they are too selfish and concentrated on their problems!
Thanks for participating in the mixing of ideas!! ;-)

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-15 14:21:23 (S | E)
You look all very enthusiastic, optimistic but ... are you realistic ? Could you really believe by just travelling and meeting people this will make you more open-minded ?

Réponse: re de virginia, postée le 2004-06-18 23:17:35 (S | E)
Travelling allows you to be more open-minded depending on how you spend your time in foreign countries! If you stay in a resort, in a kind of bubble, it seems quite difficult indeed for your values and your moral standards to evolve!!
If you go to a foreign country and if you stay in an organised travel, at your return home, you will just have visited a beautiful country and you'll come back with lovely colours and pictures to "impress" everyone, but if you set out without making plans, if you spend one month in a family or in areas where there are no tourist facilities, then you learn! You learn so many things! So many lessons of everyday life! When you return in Paris for instance, your problems and the behaviour of some people seem very superficial compared to what you've seen!
Take care!

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-19 00:25:06 (S | E)
following that way, why not ... but If you do so, you are already open-minded ...

Réponse: re de dolivera, postée le 2004-06-19 17:21:37 (S | E)
THAILAND

Réponse: re to Dolivera de virginia, postée le 2004-06-25 15:13:10 (S | E)
Thailand is a very beautiful country. Last October I went three weeks ad a half there. I arrived in Bangkok airport. The transfer to the city was quite long. I was very tired because I was in the United States the day before and I didn't take care of the time difference! It rained heavily and the bus broke down during the journey... We waited for one hour and then we have had to take an other bus.
Bangkok is a very big city. It is very dirty, polluted, but the monuments are beautiful. The architecture is splendid. There is a lot of people, a lot of traffic. It's better to take a 'tuc-tuc' if you want to move around Bangkok, it's a kind of mini car driven by a moped! their way of driving is crasy and dangerous... But you've to tell you that they are used to drive in this way! Just be careful not to fall in a rip-off. Some suggest you a big travel throughout the city for almost nothing and in fact while bringing you to some monuments, they bring you also in stores. They earn commissions from these stores for bringing you there! Thais are very nice people, always smiling, but you have to be careful... They will rip off you still smiling!
The North of Thailand is more to visit monuments, it's more cultural. You can take a bus, a train or a flight (Thai airline) but the transport facilities on the ground are a real folklore and when you book a " VIP" bus, don't take care of the term "VIP", you'll be happy if the bus doesn't break down! During one of the trips, my bus broke down. An heavy black smoke came from the air conditioning and we have had to evacuate rapidly! Lol.
When the weather is too rainy try to go more in the islands. Sometimes the weather is better than in the lands. The beaches are very beautiful. I advise you to go to Thailand before the flow of tourists. Throughout the year there are already a lot of tourists but it's cheaper. If you have the opportunity to go to Koh Phi Phi (Phi Phi Lee), don't go on a big boat with everyone, rent a small boat to a fisherman and go doing some snorkeling. The fish are beautiful, with many different colours! When I was doing it, the fisherman threw some pieces of bread around me. There were so many fishes that it was like a whirl of colours! It was fantastic! I was so impressed that I laugh, forgetting that I was in the water... I got a mouthful of water!

All that to say that Thailand is really great ( The tourist areas and the non-tourists areas), people are nice ( but it's like everywhere: business is business), the food is good (I even drink the water from the tap without being ill... but it's not recommended to do so), the weather is always very warm ( but very rainy in the monsoon period)... A little piece of paradise ( Except the big towns... (according to me). Two days in Bangkok it's already too much)

Enjoy your trips!!

Réponse: re de pioupiou, postée le 2004-06-26 22:59:21 (S | E)
hello,

I'm going to Algeria. I think that it is your country too ISMAMERA?
I have not been there since 1995. It's the first time for my husband.
I've seen lot of countries, but Algeria is missing me. Is not the same thing because you need "le retour au source".Sorry but I can't tell it in English.
I need to breathe the air, to feel the earth and to meet the people.
Back ground is very important. Isn't it?

Réponse: friend de oneyou, postée le 2004-06-27 10:34:15 (S | E)
Hi Virginia,
Do you want to have a friend from Turkey? I'm teaching english as second language, 40 years old, mother of two children and want to improve my english.I agree with you about travelling.Please contact with me.

sincerely,
oneyou

Réponse: re de minneapolis_cafe, postée le 2004-06-29 18:28:08 (S | E)
Hello everybody!
As for me, I have a dream. Something really insane! I hope I'll be able to do that someday :
I want to go to Montargis ever since I'm a young boy! I was told the swimming-pool and the market place were wonderfull over there!

More seriously, I hope I'll have the chance to get back to Minnesota. Ok, it's true that some Americans are a bit superficial. It's not that easy to make friends with them; I mean real friends : people you can rely on whenever you need them. But I felt much more comfortable over there. I've been stressed since I'm back!
And, unlike the French, the Americans rarely complain. They've understood complaining doesn't help. When they drive, they're cool. When you drive in France, you need to relax a short while after getting out of your car! The French take themselves so seriously at the wheel! That's funny.
I'd like to visit Australia and New Zealand too, just like anyone else. . I had an Australian teacher in 1st year at university. She was nice and pretty. Maybe that's why I like Australia!
Sorry Virginia, this argument is a bit weak, to say the least...
Take care,
Minnea.

Réponse: re de gizm0, postée le 2004-07-01 10:05:00 (S | E)
at last!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be going to the south of France! It's sure now!!!! ;)
I will be buying my tickets tomorrow

Réponse: re de virginia, postée le 2004-07-01 11:28:04 (S | E)
And where are you going precisely in the south of France? Which region? You'll like it, it's beautiful... even if I don't like the seaside resorts, which are for most of them (according to me) too over-built!
See you!

Réponse: Paris de sanchenxue, postée le 2004-07-02 16:03:16 (S | E)
I come from China. So I hope to visit Paris.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux