Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de yannloic posté le 2004-08-27 16:05:57 (S | E | F | I)
I have just found at home a bottle called "extra strong SUDS concentrate".

It is written in English only:

"keep out of reach of children
avoid contact with eyes or taking internally

FIRST AID: If taken, do not induce vomiting. Drink 1 2 glasses of water and get medical attention at once.
If contact with eyes occurs, flush with plenty of water at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists get medical attention at once."

I can understand what to do in eyes contact case, but in the first case, when the liquid was drunk, why shouldn't we make someone vomit ?
To avoid acid attacks of the throat ?

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de failte, postée le 2004-08-27 16:29:51 (S | E)
I think it's the reason indeed. It could make more damages to the throat.
Nice topic Yannloic!

-------------------
Edité par failte le 2004-08-27 16:30:20

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de bridg, postée le 2004-08-27 17:28:35 (S | E)
above all because there are risks to inhale corrosive drink in the lungs
A+

-------------------
Edité par bridg le 27-08-2004 17:34

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de failte, postée le 2004-08-27 17:37:02 (S | E)
Many thanks bridg !

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de yannloic, postée le 2004-08-27 17:55:41 (S | E)
So Even soda or soaps can be dangerous and more generally all chimicals products.
Breathing path and all the digestive system can be burnt.

Spécial thanks to bridg the person that help me to understand the reason why you'd better drink water and call the samu 15 or the firemen 18 or the internationnal help phonenumber 112

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de bridg, postée le 2004-08-27 22:02:38 (S | E)
HE!!! it's my job and now you know

Réponse: to yannloic de mariet, postée le 2004-08-28 01:10:51 (S | E)
Soda IS very dangerous indeed ! Of course not when it is in 'soda water' or other soft drinks as it is then only bicarbonate of soda. But on its own its first meaning is "soude" (caustic soda = soude caustique). So if you ask a waiter for a soda, there is probably not much danger, but if you send someone to get some from a general store make sure they understand what you want !

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de rosminet, postée le 2004-08-29 16:28:45 (S | E)
I knew that, in case of poisoning, you must never induce vomiting, or give something to drink or eat, except after having called a doctor and explained him the situation.
Because, drinking some water can be a good thing in this particular case, but that can also be a very bad thing for another product.

You can also call the poisons unit, but I don't know their number. They're able to tell you what to do or where to go in function of what you swallowed !!!
I'm not sure that calling the firemen is a good idea, because when you call the 15, a doctor answers you and can give you the first things to do or to not do. The firemen can't do that. For the 112, I don't know what kind of people answer the phone. Are they doctors or just switchboard operators ?

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de bridg, postée le 2004-08-29 18:26:31 (S | E)
Don't worry ,Firemen's center and 112 are able to give you your local poisons unit 's phone number

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de rosminet, postée le 2004-08-29 22:15:46 (S | E)
Do you know who answers the phone when you call 112 ? (doctors or not)

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de bridg, postée le 2004-08-29 23:49:22 (S | E)
I never need to use the 112. I don't know.if it's like when you make a phone call to the SAMU (15) with a paramedic correspondant who send your call to a medic concerned.
When I'll get the information I'll tell you.

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de yannloic, postée le 2004-08-30 09:43:33 (S | E)
Can someone tell me if a phone number exists in UK for emergency case ?

I'm not that far from the border. It may be useful.

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de rosminet, postée le 2004-08-30 11:55:09 (S | E)
I think 112, because that's a European Number. For the police that's 999.

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de bridg, postée le 2004-08-30 14:10:41 (S | E)
Is there a kind of SAMU in UK?

Réponse: re:liquid swallowing de bridg, postée le 2004-08-31 17:37:41 (S | E)
I got the information
The number 112 arrives in the nearest assistance center, the fireman center in France
In the other countries it's depending on the local assistance organisation.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux