Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de yannloic posté le 2004-09-08 16:23:23 (S | E | F | I)
This sentence is extracted from an article about 3G mobile data-card phone published in the Financial Time IT review (I don't always read computer related reviews :-) ):

"Business market is about rational communication whereas the consumer market is about emotional communication."

This sentence brought me questions:

Does emotion trends to be a bigger driver of new services ? How could we explain the success of SMS and mobile phone lays mostly on world adoption and not companies ? At last is emotion motor of business?

Réponse: re:emotion and business de serena, postée le 2004-09-08 20:26:02 (S | E)
yann, it seems like you're asking us to write an essay.
is it the case ?

Réponse: re:emotion and business de bridg, postée le 2004-09-08 20:41:41 (S | E)
Money and lie Yannloic, our emotions are motor of business just for raise money.

Réponse: re:emotion and business de yannloic, postée le 2004-09-09 09:44:10 (S | E)
Not sure serena. I wonder if we aren't manipulated by marketing force. Do we really need cellular phone? In some case yes. I broke my leg in 1999. I was alone and without my mobile phone, I could have stayed on the sidewalk for long. Do I need SMS to call firemen for help? No I didn't.

I need a computer to chat with you (thank you for your pleasant company). Do I need wifi technology? No, I don't care about wireless computer. Mine is enough for me. I just wanted to talk about that because I feel alone lost in the crowd. I feel that new merchant take us for fools. And in the actual trend having the useful cutting-edge material seems natural to everyone.

Please just tell me I am not alone to come back to core values.

Réponse: re:emotion and business de serena, postée le 2004-09-09 13:05:34 (S | E)
« Are you living in the middle-age ? ».
It’s what my brother told me last time, yann. He’d just bought the most efficient computer, and when I asked what all this was for, he laughed at me.( try to imagine what I did to him after ! inspite of his height. ).

You know, he’s young ( 22 ) and finds new technologies useful for the way he lives. I won’t give details on how young people live, everyone knows it. And he does use them. Sometimes, I find them funny and interesting. But I don’t have time enough for such things.

So, yann, you’re not alone. Because I also make do very little. But I think it’s not so bad to improve our system if we can. For example, living in a country where new things arrive very late, I use to download some new songs, new movies and even new software packages. Otherwise, I’ll really feel as if I’m still living in the prehistory period. Not because I want to do like the others, no, but I like discovering things and know what’s new all over the world.
About chatting, you’re right. We have phones even on the streets, and a wireless computer can also lead to bad habits ( I’m giving a general case here ).

About mobile phones, for me, it’s the best thing men have ever created. I don’t understand why you didn’t need to call somebody when you had your leg broken ! ( I hope it's all right today ). what did you do then ?
I’ll refer once more to the countries we’re living in. Here, having a mobile phone isn’t only necessary but compulsory, in my view. Do you know that even pupils are allowed to take them to school ? For security reasons, we can know where our children are if ever things turn wrong, as we never know when this can happen. Well, I never give mine any phone, they’re well looked after in their schools, but it’s not the case in most of the other ones.

In every case, we ( must ) act according to our tastes, feelings and own situation.

So yann, please stop feeling as if you were alone. Nobody has the right to judge the others. Don’t care about people’s opinion. Just live the way which makes you happy and confident, only what you find good for you and harmless for the others. Then, you’ll be able to give the best of yourself.
As we always say : do right and fear no man.

Now that your topic is clear, I hope we'll have another opinions.

Réponse: re:emotion and business de domi68, postée le 2004-09-09 21:48:52 (S | E)
We are manipulated only if you want
If you hate beer and you watch an advertising that maintains : "if you drink this beer, your are a real man" Will you drink this beer to be "a real man"? Of course,not
( Parents instill in their child to be critical about advertising because they are still easily influenced. But it's not the topic here)

Perhaps, we don't do a mixture between the material values and the "core values".
The real big materialist of computing is unhappy because he has not the last "Schmilblick" of the month. You found that funny and perhaps it's difficult to understand him because you have not the same values. But you accept it and that's why tolerance and respect of the other exist.
But now our big materialist (whom I'm sure you cry because he has not still his "Schmiblick" ) has also "core values". Why should that be incompatible ?

You are not alone to come back to "core values". But some people don't come back because they don't leave them.
Now to know if some people share your own "core values", it's an other topic

Réponse: re:emotion and business de serena, postée le 2004-09-10 02:10:22 (S | E)
Hi domi !

If I understand well, the big materialists still have core values ?
Well, I'm not very sure of this. Because someone who cares about the real meaning of life won't try to mislead the others. As he'd act according to his conscience, he'll never try to have a job where he'll always be laughing at peolple, just to gain money.

When we say "materialist", we automatically think of things, money and the thirst of power. But never of feelings and the others situations.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux