Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

Look after/take care of

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Look after/take care of
    Message from anuesther posted on 01-08-2017 at 22:00:46 (D | E | F)
    Hello,
    Could you help me please?
    Thank you for any reply.

I believe these two phrases - 'look after' and 'take care of' have the same meaning.
    But isn't there any slight difference?
    I can *look after* myself
    or
    I can *take care of* myself

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 on 01-08-2017 22:15

Re: Look after/take care of from mah, posted on 02-08-2017 at 05:41:36 (D | E)
    Hello everybody!
    Take care of and look after are almost the same:
    Take care of yourself/sb/sth: to keep yourself /sb/sth safe from injury,illness,danger,etc.
    My mother took care of me when I was ill. She always takes great care of her books.

Look after sb/sth/yourself : to be responsible for or take care of sb/sth/yourself.
    I want to go back to work if I can find somebody to look after the children.
    I hope the examples help. Best regards

Re: Look after/take care of from anuesther, posted on 04-08-2017 at 17:55:50 (D | E)
    This really helps! Thank you!

Re: Look after/take care of from sousou18, posted on 08-08-2017 at 21:26:30 (D | E)
    hi everybody!
    "look after (someone/something)" and "take care of (someone/something)" are often interchangable but sometimes one fits the context better than the other. For instance when saying goodbye, you could say "Take care!", but you wouldn't say "Look after!" as it would seem incomplete. You would have to add "yourself" at the end
    have a fun day!

Re: Look after/take care of from musab, posted on 11-08-2017 at 14:51:25 (D | E)
    Thank you, helpful !

Re: Look after/take care of from dussantha, posted on 13-08-2017 at 17:10:36 (D | E)
    This is really helpful. Thank you!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only