Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

The purpose of learning English (2)

<< English only || Bottom

This topic is now closed. You can't post a new reply.

Page 2 / 9 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | End | Bottom
    Re: The purpose of learning English by saoussen88, posted on 23-04-2008 at 18:45:09
    HI FRIEND

I find this topic too interesting,because English is becoming too important in the world,, if we want to have a good career in whatever field we have first be excellent at English....personally i'm studying engineering ,and everyday i become more and more convinced by the importance of this language....Unfortunatly,it's my third language, so i have to work hard to be at the level that i should reach.
    I wish you good luck in your job

Re: The purpose of learning English by nirta, posted on 25-04-2008 at 22:18:50
    Hi,

I agree with you. English takes an important place in the modern society specially at work. for me it's an obligation to learn English because I need it a lot for my work,but in the other hand it's a very sweet language, I like spend time learning english

Re: The purpose of learning English by olly, posted on 26-04-2008 at 13:44:19
    Hi,
    Now I feel that Engshish is more and more important in our daily life . If you can speak English fluently, you will get more chances.Studying English is my intrest,I really enjoy it.

Re: The purpose of learning English by usher11, posted on 26-04-2008 at 14:10:04
    Hi all, I agree whit you too because nowadays English becomes more and more important and we have to learn and speak it as well as we speak french . I'm a Senegalese and I'm in the same case,I'm a manager and I want to speak english.
    We must help each other.

Re: The purpose of learning English by tin_amzi_man, posted on 06-05-2008 at 21:45:26
    well that's a very good question.I learned English because I liked it.It's my life now if you like.I'm a teacher and i learn too.it's unbelievablly so good for me to speak in English with people,but my pupils drive me nuts.all they want is easy learning(no use of dictionaries, no effort spent ...).So it's hard sometimes.All in all, I LOVE English to the Bone, or to my Brain.it runs in my blood now.Bridje are you reading this? too

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 07-05-2008 at 10:24:51
    Hello everybody !!
    I learn english because I sit an exam. But, I don't have a good level. I would like to find someone to help me. I'll send a text and we'll talk about it after.
    It's very important for me. Anyone speaks english around about me.
    I'm waiting for your answers.

Re: The purpose of learning English by chelia, posted on 07-05-2008 at 16:46:55
    Hi, I would like learning english language because it is the number one language in the world wide, for example I want to work with a company of geophysics in libya country or other place in the world so I must have a good english language. help me for learning english language, thank you

Re: The purpose of learning English by sunflower061, posted on 09-05-2008 at 17:46:46
    I have learned english for a long time but in former time I didn't have purpose to learn. So my english is terrible. Now I learn english for my job. I want to seek a better job than my present job. If my english is good i can have a good job that i earn a lot of money. It very important for my future life. I need buy a house to stabilize living quarter.

Re: The purpose of learning English by mia38, posted on 09-05-2008 at 20:50:28
    ENGLISH is for the moment the most spoken language in the world and i think that speak English open you doors on the world because, if you talk english you can learn to know lot of different people!!! for the out going person like me it's very great thing.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 12-05-2008 at 20:35:20
    Hi, I am learning english in high school(i am 15) and i think we don't learn a lot there, so I decided to practice myself because in our world this language is very important. I like watching TV and now most of the the shows are english so it's easier to know english if i want to have informations about this shows Indeed most of the web is in english! And i like read on the net in english and i just want to be bilingual!

Re: The purpose of learning English by carolina_castro, posted on 13-05-2008 at 00:32:44
    hii!!! I'm new in this site, my name is Carolina, and i want to learn english because i need it for my job!!!..

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 22-05-2008 18:40
    Link deleted;didn't work anyway.

Re: The purpose of learning English by yt2797, posted on 20-05-2008 at 10:43:05
    english is the most popular international language,if i can get it,i can get more informations,more fun,and more friends

Re: The purpose of learning English by heyju, posted on 22-05-2008 at 18:25:44
    Hi! I'm younger than you but I want to speak English correctly because I want to go to Australia next year with an association to do my lessons.

Re: The purpose of learning English by giovannelli, posted on 22-05-2008 at 21:08:31
    HELLO!!

Nowadays, it's really important to speak currently english...I 'm looking for a job and in despite of past succesfull experiences, trade's diplomas...I 've failed some interviews because my english speaking wasn't enough good.

Bye

Re: The purpose of learning English by niculau, posted on 22-05-2008 at 22:37:17
    I really like this site because if you make some mistakes they are corrected so it is useful to me.I must learn English correctly for a job I would like to do.I haven't spoken English for six years and I think it will be complicated to me. English is a beautiful language but like all languages it needs to be practised!

-------------------
    Modifié par lucile83 le 24-05-2008 09:19

Re: The purpose of learning English by trainer, posted on 24-05-2008 at 05:21:18
    To make a living.

Re: The purpose of learning English by bisi, posted on 01-06-2008 at 13:05:56
    Hi everyone,

First of all English is spoken by over 375 millions people worldwide so it has become a must to get on in this language. Then we are surrounded by english culture, medias, TV shows,... so it's quite easy to find opportunities to improve on our english skills. I learn english because I reckon that I often need it (when I go abroad, I know that even though I don't speak the local language, I might find someone who could speak english. Moreover it is the official language in the business for instance...). The other reason is that I love this language as well. And deep down I think that nowadays people should - in addition to english - learn a third language. That's just my point of view

Re: The purpose of learning English by fc50, posted on 02-06-2008 at 12:58:58
    Hello, I have been learning english for sévéral years, with associations or of the courses once a week, by pleasure of course, but now I am in contact with different nationalities because my husband's work, the difficuty is l'assimilation and to speak it correctly. Certainly, I make of mistakes, I'd like such to learn english. Thank you for your help

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 02-06-2008 at 13:21:22
    My purpose is to speak in a fluent English in order to communicate. I'm a guide and I guide visits in my town around different mmonuments like gallo roman monuments,the cathedral and so on. I would be very proud if one day I'll be able to explain everythings in English.

Re: The purpose of learning English by bjy1232, posted on 04-06-2008 at 21:38:19
    I speak english,which is my second language but it is a very rich language that even after the 25 years of learning it is incomplete. We have many type of english in this world and similarly they speak different words which is almost impossible to understand. I can understand simple english but many American speak slangs. which is even more harder to understand. So, I urge all the english speaking people to speak same english language around the world.

Saipal

Re: The purpose of learning English by jonquille, posted on 05-06-2008 at 02:58:50
    How boring a world that would be if everyone spoke with exactly the same words! Language is based not just on grammatical rules but on vocabulary which is influenced by the culture in which the language is spoken. It is that culture which "creates" the slang or the regional vocabulary.

I imagine that you would find similar differences between the French vocabulary used by those in Louisiana (southern USA), Canada, France, and in many other countries in which French is spoken. Learning a language is, indeed difficult -- not only are you learning the basic vocabulary spoken and understood by those who speak that language, but by learning the "slang," you are also learning a little about the culture which created those words. That, to me, is what makes learning a language so much fun!

Re: The purpose of learning English by xujianhong, posted on 05-06-2008 at 09:30:04
    i have to speak english ,because all people speak english aroud me, if i did not learning english ,i will become a dummy and a deaf.

Re: The purpose of learning English by joccellyn, posted on 07-06-2008 at 08:01:34
    English is a very useful tool of communication .in so big world ,different people need a same language to speake .so to learn english could help you to recognize more friend better<,,,,undefined

Re: The purpose of learning English by modesty24, posted on 07-06-2008 at 18:21:26
    hi,

I learn English to be able to read articles about biotechnology, this is not a programme of my studies but I'm really interested in this discipline and a good command of English helps me broaden my knowledge on this subject . Most of you learn English for a job's sake, I think that when we have some passion it makes it easier for us to study as we see it as a pleasure, not necessity and then we obtain better results

Re: The purpose of learning English by sahara07, posted on 23-06-2008 at 16:49:52
    hi everybody

I want to learn english for lot of reasons.
    once, because it became more and more interesting to learn this international langage if you want to work with foreign company. for me who want to change a job it's necessary specially for my speciality, am in publics relations.

twice, because i love travelling and when i have opportunity tO do it i need this language to communicate easily and make a new friends around the world.

Finlay, it's good to learn all time to improve our level.
    personally, i use a lot of way to learn english, like tchating in english chatroon, washing an english channels...
    but my hugh problem is that it's my third language that i haven't opportunity to practise that why i must to register in a private language school soon.

Re: The purpose of learning English by yingzhang, posted on 24-06-2008 at 08:50:14
    Yes,English is important in the modern life.I am from China. In my country,it has a saying,"Driving,Computer and English is the basic skills of modern young people". the importance for the youth will be seen from this .
    I am always sticking to learning English.But my oral English is poor.It is the common problem for chinese.But I will continue to learn.

Re: The purpose of learning English by guoanson, posted on 24-06-2008 at 11:03:14
    Hello,I am a chinese.Last yeat,I could not pass the Exam of CET-6,which shocked me so much,from then on,I have made a decision to learn English hard.Now,I listen to the Special English of VOA in the website called wangwangenglish everynight,and read more than an English news.It is so great that I will keep doing it until I can make me understood by others one day.

Re: The purpose of learning English by guoanson, posted on 24-06-2008 at 11:05:52
    If someone knows how to improve the oral English???

Re: The purpose of learning English by mimi0007, posted on 24-06-2008 at 15:50:17
    well i m learning english because it's the first language in the world !!!

Re: The purpose of learning English by camillousmile, posted on 24-06-2008 at 22:04:19
    I learn English cause i'm 15 years old, this years my English teacher has been to much cooool, of my opinion.I think, I have a lot of difficult at this language...I have all forget!!!!and I have long holyday for stop this late!!