Learn English 100% free...Get 1 free lesson per week // Add a new lesson

Click here to log in
New account
Millions of accounts created on our sites.
JOIN our free club and learn English now!

• Home
  • Print
  • Guestbook
  • Report a bug

• Get a free English lesson every week!
    Click here!

Partners:
    - Our other sites

The purpose of learning English (7)

<< English only || Bottom

This topic is now closed. You can't post a new reply.

Page 7 / 9 - To jump to another page: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | End | Bottom
    Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 28-04-2009 at 03:23:16
    I agree with the front person. learning english is very important .we can communicate with everybody whoever is nation.it can assist our job.like me,i can see some foeign thesis

Re: The purpose of learning English by leacherlee, posted on 28-04-2009 at 11:36:09
    Hi,everybody,I'm a new english learner.My propose of studying english is to join HP,a very popular international company.I live in Chongqing,one of the biggest city in China.as a IT worker,in order to raise my professional technology ability,I want to enter a international enterprise,thus,HP is a good choice.

-------------------
    Edited by leacherlee le 28-04-2009 11:38

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 28-04-2009 at 18:07:21
    I learn English to graduate my exams.. I'm at university and I have an important exam of english at the end of the years (in 2 month !!) That's why I go in this site and I think it's a good site to progress in English !!

Re: The purpose of learning English by xibaiyishu, posted on 30-04-2009 at 05:05:57
    I think it's a interesting question,so the reply last 1 year and go on. i learn english for my career. may be i needn't use it now,but i believe in the future it is available. please tell me my mistake. thanks a lot!

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 02-05-2009 at 16:06:05
    Hello to every body!

At the outset , i'd like 2 thank you about this absorbing topic, in fact learning english has been quiet salient nowadays ,4 me the one who doesn't talk english is ileterate & i'm terrebaly sorry for this word but it is the truth , english is regarded as an international language in the entire world , u may ask me how that ? well! don't be precipetate please! i'm coming!! if u go to whatever country & you know how to speak english ,y'll never get lost yes , believe me.More than that, if your hobby is watching tv , don't u see that most of the entertaining programs & films are produced with english"original version" as an example " the lost , the prison break , hana montana .............& so on & so forth , if you like listening to music , i see that the best songs are that of celin dion , britny spears ..........
    In brief , the world is tipicly in english ...thanks a lot

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 le 06-05-2009 08:03
    Please don't use sms style or abbreviations on this site,thank you.

Re: The purpose of learning English by ktony, posted on 06-05-2009 at 04:19:35
    I'm glad to join here. of course, I hope to get some progress in english comminication. and I meet some chinese people in here. I'm too.

Re: The purpose of learning English by diy38, posted on 06-05-2009 at 10:11:43
    Hello every body. I learn English for the fun. I began eight years ago and now, I can read the papers as I expected at the start. I've somedifficulties to understand the radio or TV speaches. I don't work English for job '(I'm retired). So the real surprise for me was the dicovery of Internet five years agoand the numeros pages open in the face ot my eyes the most of them in English language. I was awarded of my work.
    Happy good luck for all of you.
    diy38.

Re: The purpose of learning English by lara16, posted on 06-05-2009 at 10:53:59
    Hello, I used to hate English, but today I really need it especially on my work, I work as a secretary and my boss can't understand and speek English very well . I am the second person who can speak in our office. The translation is one the biggest work that I do here.It is really a very difficult work but I try to do it better.

Re: The purpose of learning English by anaisv, posted on 06-05-2009 at 14:55:58
    Hi!
    I'm french and study English at school.I hope perfect my English for my BTS Tourism.
    Can someone help me ?

Thanks

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 06-05-2009 at 15:06:45
    hello i'm zohra i would like so much learn very well english.i think it's verry important and it's so beautifull than i slip with an english book

Re: The purpose of learning English by anaisv, posted on 06-05-2009 at 15:11:04
    Hello zohra ! Where come from ?

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 08-05-2009 at 15:44:34
    Hello,everyone!I choose English as my major in university.I like English very much!I want to acquire more knowledge of the English culture and literature.It is so attractive.At the same time,I hope more foreign friends to learn Chinese culture.We can be friends!!!

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 09-05-2009 at 05:20:05
    Hello!!

I am living in Canada(The french area) and even though most of my friends are francophone I constantly have contact with Anglophobe and therefore to speak with them in English. French Canadians who do not speak English often see it as a too simple, flavourless and even boring language, and so because they feel as though English will kill their own language. They do see the need of having some knowledge of the language to find a job, travel,etc. but this fear remains. Many public personalities, ministers, repeat the same thing: English is a menace for the French language, French is dying in Québec, etc. And I do talk about it to you because I know that Québec is not the only place in the world where this situation occurs. We just have to look at any language and we shall find lots of english words. You are all from different countries, you probably use them yourself.

THIS SAID, I am French-Canadian myself, I love French and I used to think as my friend did, but after many years of studying my country second language, I realised two things!

First- Learning English did not have me losing my french. In fact, it made me realise that english people did not have the intention to eliminate French, that most of them did not believe that French is an inferior language as my comrades would think, and that it is only me, as a user of ``La langue de Molière`` who could improve the state of my language. And this does not mean only use French instead of English. It means to respect my language by appreciating its beauty, knowing its strengths and its weaknesses, and understanding the impact it has on the world. Dutch, spoken by only 16 million people, will still exist in hundred years if Dutchmen appreciate their language and are not afraid to use it in any field, if they understand the impact it has on the modern world culture, and so on. It will not help it to accuse another culture to take to much place over their language. In fact learning English enabled me to appreciate better my own language.

Second- I also realised that people often consider English as a tool of communication rather than a language. I do not mind because a language belong to those who use it, and if it is the way they intend to use it so be it. But I just want to remind them that English is also a beautiful language with a rich vocabulary, a literature and a culture related to it.

So all in all, we are all artist of our own language, and English is one of these that is known by lots of people. But above being usefull to communicate with peoples of the world, learning English as learning any other language is a good way to appreciate more our own.

Wer fremde Sprache nicht kennt, weiß nichts von seiner eigenen - Who does not know anything about a foreign language does not know anything about his own.-

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Re: The purpose of learning English by carian, posted on 09-05-2009 at 05:58:33
    hi!
    Well,I'm a Chinese,I'm going to study in Canada in June,I learn English because I have to finish my lesson,and I like English,if I can say English,I can catch more opportunities,that is a great thing!

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 10-05-2009 at 11:01:43
    I am very sad about my spelling ..- -

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 le 12-05-2009 10:18
    colour of the text

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 11-05-2009 at 22:11:53
    Hi I'M french, I wanna improve my english, can u you help me.
    I'M an elementary level

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 le 11-05-2009 22:21

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 11-05-2009 at 22:15:33
    coucou there is Hi, is there anyone on this forum?

-------------------
    Edited by lucile83 le 11-05-2009 22:19
    No French here please.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 12-05-2009 at 09:13:05
    Hello every body ,

On my opinion the purpose of learning English is to communicate and understand each other.It means as I am working in international organization I have to know English very well to communicate with our customers.So I need a confidence to speak it.

Thank You.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 12-05-2009 at 15:56:04
    well! now days as we all know,english became an international language "if we can say that"' if we want to communicate with people from other countries, we use english so that everybody understand what the others say.
    i really want to improve my english, it's first for my studies and then for my job! well I studied translation but I am still bad in english specially with oral expression.
    i also don't understand all what do people say when they speak in english; I hope i will be able to speak fluently english and understand all what people say as if it was my mother tongue!!

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 12-05-2009 at 19:22:46
    Good evening. I agree all you say. Due to my work, I have to discuss with different persons who speak english. It is difficult to understand them but my major problem is to have confidence in myself. My english is bad and I make many mistakes...like an English when he tries speaking french. But I not dare to begin speaking.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 13-05-2009 at 15:42:03
    Hi,everybody,I am from china,I want study English well because I hope that one day I can teach my daughter by myself.Also, I want improve my oral English level.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 17-05-2009 at 07:32:10
    Because English is an International language and we cannot communicate to other people if we don't know how to speak English.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 18-05-2009 at 16:31:18
    Hello, I'm fifty and I'm learning English for my job. I'm a hotel manager and I need to speak English to communicate with my foreigner customers. I was a bad English student because I didn't know why I had to speak English and I hated it (I haven't been a hotel manager yet). Now, more I learn it, more I love it. I hope I could speak fluently English, a day.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 19-05-2009 at 13:57:58
    ok,for me,learning English is interesting, it's an amazing language.
    i'm a chinese girl, living in shanghai, and i am always curious about the foreign world. Travelling around the world is what i really hope to realize. so, communication takes an important part.
    besides, good english could help me finding a good job, to some extent.
    so,day day up^^
    wish all of you happy

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 19-05-2009 at 18:34:29
    hi! i'm a secretary and as i have to relate people with my boss who don't understand english,i need to learn good english to permit him to get through his clients.i must admit that at the begining i was note interested in learning english but i realise that english is life.it is the first international language so whatever you do wherever you are all is english;and progressivelly i fell in love with english;and wrigth now i can do anything without english.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 26-05-2009 at 14:21:29
    Hi!For me ,to learning English is for my job.During my workings,I find I can't communicate with foreign customers in English .I can read the mails which is writed in English,but I could't replid to them with fluent English .So I go to this web-site to improve my English.Also I hope that I can speak fluent English ,hey hey . Here I wish I can learn lots of English wors and can communicate with each other friendly!

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 26-05-2009 at 16:40:08
    Hi, everybody I absolutely agree with all the people above. Learning English is beneficial in many ways : to communicate with all people over the world who can understand English : to work with foreigners both in abroad business and business inside our country.
    : to learn and share your ideas in culture. Every country has its own culture; language, costume, traditions, customs, culinary, and so on.We don't know their culture if we don't understand English because they use English to spread their culture. We can't share our culture if we don't know how to express in English. So English is a media among people all over the world. If you don't know English, how will you understand other people's ideas in English. Take care yourselves!
    Uncle Ler

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 27-05-2009 at 05:30:28
    Hello,everyone,i am taiwanese in china for business. My business is internation trading and many of my customer come from english speaking country, so i really want to improve my english and would like to many any friend who is speaking and learning english.

Re: The purpose of learning English by gael, posted on 28-05-2009 at 16:22:31
    English is today a necessity. It is why all of us should know English.

Re: The purpose of learning English by , posted on 29-05-2009 at 16:19:11
    To me,i want to know people all over the world,i want to share my stories,happiness and sorrows with you. Our Earth is so wonderful, i wanna know all kinds of things and people!