Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

Message de rosminet posté le 2004-05-22 14:07:55 (S | E | F | I)
Hi,

What's your favourite movie ? And why ?

Réponse: re de nanis, postée le 2004-05-22 16:17:27 (S | E)
my favorite movie is "the lord of the ring"
i like fantastic movies... and the story is very interresting...!
(and actors are beautiful!!!) ;-))))

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-05-22 16:54:49 (S | E)
older ... "Gone with the wind" for vivian and Clark ...

Réponse: re de helene, postée le 2004-05-22 17:08:13 (S | E)
My favourite movie is Harry Potter II but I don't know why !!!

Réponse: re de sirius, postée le 2004-05-22 22:43:11 (S | E)
my favorite movie is catch me if you can with de caprio absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!

Réponse: re de rosminet, postée le 2004-05-23 14:27:57 (S | E)
I loved "Gone with the wind" and "love story". More recently, I liked "Dead Again" (with K. Brannagh), "The bone collector" (with D. Washington and A. Jolie) and Hannibal Trilogy.

Réponse: re to rosminet de chrisg, postée le 2004-05-23 14:52:02 (S | E)
If you enjoyed "dead again", you will enjoyed "Da vinci code" book ...

Réponse: re de kichtoune, postée le 2004-05-23 17:07:23 (S | E)
i love every films where there is johnny depp

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-05-23 19:28:17 (S | E)
and vanessa paradis ?

Réponse: I also love that movie de choubidouou, postée le 2004-05-24 19:38:12 (S | E)
Oh my God!!! Rosminet, i also really LOVE the movie called "Love Story". I first read the book several times : i cried each time. And when i watched the movie for the really one time, i started to cry in the middle of the story because i already knew the end. And when the heroine says "Love means never having to say you're sorry", oh my God!!!And still today (i don't know if that expression is used in E,glish...) when i read the book or watch the film i can't stop (how would you say "je ne peux m'empêcher) crying ; i really think : "shame on me!!!"
I also loved the French movies "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" and "Le péril jeune".

Réponse: re de rosminet, postée le 2004-05-24 20:02:06 (S | E)
"Love means never having to say you're sorry" : great moment in the movie ! I also cried a lot !!! I read the book before watching the movie, so I also knew what would happen !!! And the music is wonderful !
I liked too Amélie Poulain. But I've never watched "le péril jeune". What is it about ?

Réponse: re de choubidouou, postée le 2004-05-24 20:37:50 (S | E)
"Le péril jeune" is completly different from "Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" or "Love Story". It's a movie from the 90s but the story happens in the beginning of the 70s, it's a group of lazy friends who don't want to work at school and who just want to change the world. I really liked it, because the clothes were cool, the actors were pretty good (Romain Duris who acted in "l'auberge espagnol" played in that movie) and it's funny.
That's all!!!

Réponse: re de leebenseng, postée le 2004-06-09 02:56:24 (S | E)
To Choubidouou,
I just came to this forum topic and read your message,
"je ne peux m'empêcher..." crying should be "I can't help crying", and "I can't help but crying" also works.

Réponse: re de virginia, postée le 2004-06-09 09:30:16 (S | E)
My favorite movie is the "Barber of Siberia". It's quite long (2:53) but it's so beautiful! It takes place in the Russia of the 1880's. I've loved everything: the landscapes, the actors, the script, the music... A great moment! The first time I saw it I wept for two hours because the story is so sad but also so beautiful that it's very difficult to be unsensitive!
I really advise you to see it!

Réponse: re de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-09 09:52:45 (S | E)
Else, I also liked : Lawrence of Arabia, Dr Jivago !

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-09 13:13:01 (S | E)
..."thelma & Louise" I guess too .... Am I wrong BigCat ?

Réponse: re de michele013, postée le 2004-06-09 19:26:51 (S | E)
My favorite movie is (or better they are) Lord of the Ring, I haven't seen the last (third)one yet but I will buy it. I just loved the book so I couldn't miss the movies.

Réponse: to rosminet de ISMAMERA, postée le 2004-06-09 19:52:52 (S | E)
I remember the film of love story and I 've never forgoten the famous sentence :love means never having to say you're sorry.I wonder what does chrisg think about this movie!!!!????
what about "le parrain"?Did enjoy it rosminet?

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-09 20:55:51 (S | E)
"Love Story" ? well, I could have loved it if was born in the sixties, but as the first time I saw it was in the late eighties ... well ... boring ...

Réponse: re de dolivera, postée le 2004-06-09 21:09:35 (S | E)
Hi Choubidou please forget the name of GOD here because I don't reaaly know but it is an advise.

Réponse: re de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-09 23:12:30 (S | E)
You're not wrong Chris, about Thelma & Louise.

But my name is Rosminet (and not GrosMinet !!!) So the translation is not BigCat !!!

Tomorrow, I'm watching again Love Story !

Réponse: to Dolivera de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-09 23:16:08 (S | E)
"Hi Choubidou please forget the name of GOD here because I don't reaaly know but it is an advise."

"reaaly know" ==> "really know"
"but it is an advise" ==> "but it is an advice"

To advise = conseiller
An advice = un conseil

Réponse: LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! de jamie, postée le 2004-06-10 04:24:05 (S | E)
^_^ I love the movie !!!

Réponse: re de chrisg, postée le 2004-06-10 06:45:36 (S | E)
Ok, 'igMinou, I won't call 'bigcat" anymore, I'd rather call you 'igMinou.
Is that OK ?

Réponse: re de rosminet, postée le 2004-06-10 14:39:05 (S | E)
Ok Chrisg !!!

Réponse: to Rosminet de minneapolis_cafe, postée le 2004-07-01 18:41:57 (S | E)
Je ne peux m'empêcher de = I can't refrain from (verb+ing)
Ex: Je ne peux m'empêcher de pleurer = I can't refrain from crying

As for my favorite movies, I would say :
A river runs through it (R. Redford); Brazil (T. Gilliam); Birdy (A. Parker);
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (S. Leone); Rebel without a cause (N. Ray); Casablanca (M. Curtiz); Pulp Fiction (Q. Tarantino); Lady Killers (A. Mackendrick); Thelma & Louise (R. Scott).

Réponse: re de liona, postée le 2004-07-03 21:39:23 (S | E)
My favorite movie is Harry Potter III because Rowlings's book is very well adapted by the new director. The third movie is more frightening. I like to watch to grow the characters. I wait for the sixth book with impatience.

Réponse: re de jessyca, postée le 2004-07-06 16:58:32 (S | E)
my favourite movie is Shrek it's so funny

Réponse: reréponse de avie, postée le 2004-07-06 20:01:41 (S | E)
I love Hp films but I prefer Merlin l'enchanteur ( the cartoon of Walt disney) .

Réponse: re réponse de avie, postée le 2004-07-13 10:49:06 (S | E)
Hello ! I like Spider man ( the film) , Harry Potter is nice , but I prefer cartoons ( Walt disney) .
See you soon.

Réponse: re de bouty, postée le 2004-07-13 11:51:46 (S | E)
my favorite movie is harry potter it's really amazing,the special effects and the actors are excellent ,i like also horror films

Réponse: re de ally77, postée le 2004-07-21 13:06:24 (S | E)
hello !! you !!
how are you !! tell me ???

Réponse: re de Chris29, postée le 2004-07-22 19:09:32 (S | E)
Hello,
My favourite recent movie is Ladykillers . I have seen it in English and I laughed from the beginning to the end. Tom Hanks is so funny when he try to hide the real reason he want to hire the Lady's room. The actrice who play the Lady is really good. It reminded me the old gangster black and white movies.
I haven't seen such a funny movie for a long time.

Réponse: re de sandy91, postée le 2004-07-22 20:58:53 (S | E)
Hi
I like "Coup de foudre à Notting Hill" with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts I forgot the english tittle)
Why ???
Because I am romantic and I love Hugh. For me, He has something perhaps the british charm (cela se dit-il ???) and I had an opportunity to listen and watch some radio and TV program and I like his spirit
I watch this movie several time and ...
I also like "La Ligne Verte" with Tom Hanks and....
I think it is a wonderful story of generosity

Réponse: re de joy813, postée le 2004-07-23 14:48:42 (S | E)
"The shop around the corner" with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.
It's a love story between a mega-store owner who falls in love over e-mail with the owner of a children' store.
I like Hanks very much, and I like love stories with an happy end !

Réponse: re humhum de avie, postée le 2004-07-23 15:11:33 (S | E)
Hi ! I don't know. Maybe Lord of the rings because the story is fantastic and magical .

Réponse: favourite movies de Chris29, postée le 2004-07-24 15:52:11 (S | E)
I have seen " Ladykillers" in enlish and I've enjoyed it a lot. I've laughed from the beginning to the end. I like Tom Hanks and he's very funny in this role. It remains me the old black and white detective movies.
I read Da Vinci Code, it's a very good thriller with riddles and action.

Réponse: re de failte, postée le 2004-07-24 16:39:22 (S | E)
I love "The Usual Suspects" with Kevin Spacey. A very good film as "Se7en". But I also love Coen Brothers' films: The Big Lebowski is my favourite.

Réponse: re:Favorite Movie de traviskidd, postée le 2004-08-02 06:08:33 (S | E)
Je ne peux m'empêcher de pleurer = "I can't help crying" or "I can't help but cry." (Yes, the word is "help" ... and the sense is "I can't help myself to stop crying".)

My favorite movie is "Meet the Parents" (In French: "Mon beau-père et moi" ) with Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro. I don't think there was a second in this movie when I wasn't laughing!!!

-------------------
Edité par traviskidd le 2004-08-02 06:12:13

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de aodglas, postée le 2004-08-02 20:01:54 (S | E)
I can't choose between these movies .
Paris Texas Wim Wenders-All Monty Python's movies like the Holy Grail-Hitchcock one too-Dead poets society with Robin Williams, Good morning Vietnam -Dances with wolves with Kevin Costner-I forgot all French one like Subway...So...What do you think about Monty Python's movies?Old one?Yes it is, but so funny, so british...

Réponse: re:Favorite Movie de chris29, postée le 2004-08-02 21:33:50 (S | E)
to aodglass
I'm a great fan of Monty python's movies. Of course the Grail is the best one, but I like also "Brazil", and " le sens de la vie", and above all " a fish nammed Wanda".

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de boubou57, postée le 2004-08-03 13:40:19 (S | E)
i really enjoyed the horror movie called " The Texas Chainsaw Massacre " . Absolutely terrific !

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de sandrafrancois, postée le 2004-08-03 23:23:52 (S | E)
My favorite movie for this moment is Spiderman because i enjoyed the cartoons, i like the story, is so funny.

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de bouhh, postée le 2004-08-06 09:37:44 (S | E)
My favourite movie : le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de janis94500, postée le 2004-08-06 17:53:23 (S | E)
My favorite movie is ''Remember the Titans'' with D.Washington because it's about the cohabitation with black and white people.
It's a wonderful movie

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de guijnor, postée le 2004-08-07 23:35:18 (S | E)
The best movie I've ever seen is "Grave of the fireflies" of Isao Takahata. I call it movie but it's rather a cartoon. Despite this format, the story is incredibly upset because of the context. Indeed, the picture show two Japanese child who are suffering the WWII through an American counteroffensive after the Pearl Harbor attack... Thus, Americans throw fire-bombs over Kobe and kill thousands of Japanese. The fate of these child (about 13 and 4 years old) made me crying though I'm too machismo fo such a thing (No, I'm joking

I advise you to see it

NB. If you note some faults, I can explain that by the fact I'm french...

Réponse: re:to rosminet de serena, postée le 2004-08-10 13:16:43 (S | E)
hello rosminet

I love so many movies which deal with different subjects !
Can I name them all ? ;)

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de tim707, postée le 2004-08-21 02:16:31 (S | E)
"Le péril jeune": funny film about young people's life in the 70's, like "4 garçons plein d'avenir" (in the 90's) which is enough comic. Otherwise, I like to watch "the 5th element" again and again, "waterworld","the lord of the ring", "jurassic park", and "a life less ordinary" are my favourites films too... bye

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de tim707, postée le 2004-08-21 16:14:05 (S | E)
i nearly forget: the kings of comics adventures: the Monthy Pythons...
"Life of Brian" and "The Quest of the Holy Graal" are the funniest movies i have watched....

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de loutch, postée le 2004-09-01 19:00:21 (S | E)
It's American History X.
I've never seen such a film with such a morale in the end.
Just watch it!

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de evilash, postée le 2004-09-01 19:19:11 (S | E)
My favoriteS movies are :
- Evil Dead idrected by Sam Raimi
- Meet the Feebles, Braindead and the Lord of the rings trilogy all directed by Peter Jackson.
- Terminator directed by James Cameron
- Vampires directed by John Carpenter
- Delicatessen by Jeunet & Carot
- A nightmare before Christmas by Tim Burton.
- Hellboy by Guillermo del Toro

But above all, I prefer the Rocky Horror Picture Show directed by Jim Sharman in 1976, starring Susan Sarandon. Very very funny. U can see it in a theatre in Paris where actors are playing as in the movie and the spectators assist in real time. The best of ...

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de claire1, postée le 2004-09-06 19:42:13 (S | E)
hello my favorite moovie is Matrix ,I like it a lot.

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de climence, postée le 2004-09-18 16:36:21 (S | E)
My favorite movie is "American beauty" , it's a great movie!

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de vanina, postée le 2004-09-19 21:22:22 (S | E)
My favourite movies are the old Star Wars. I think George Lucas has succeeded to create his own world, with legends, customs etc.

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de jason_wade, postée le 2004-09-21 15:23:25 (S | E)
"Danse with wolves" not too many dialogues, beautiful landscape and...Mister Kevin Costner

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de lindseyd, postée le 2004-11-12 07:11:37 (S | E)
My favorite movie has got to be "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" for two reasons: 1) It is just a fantastic movie on its own & 2) Because the remake will be out soon with Johnny....sigh.....

I will say that "The Goonies" is a great great great movie about teenagers in the US during the 80's (not to mention it is absolutely hilarious!!!) and if you like 'Sam' from "The Lord of the Rings" you will probably like this movie as it one of Sean Astin's first roles.

And I adore anything that the Coen Brothers make because all of their movies are so so funny and odd (but in a good way). If you liked "The Ladykillers", you have to see "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and "Raising Arizona" because they are the earlier films that the Coen Brothers did and they are very good too.

-------------------
Edité par lindseyd le 2004-11-12 07:16:49

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de rachel22, postée le 2004-11-12 16:01:07 (S | E)
Hi there !!!!!

My favourite movie is Speed 2, I love Sandra Bullock and i prefer this one to the first the action takes place on a cruise boat and none is supposed to kow what's going to happen...

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de moon33, postée le 2004-11-12 16:33:28 (S | E)
my favourite movie is the cell with jenifer lopez and vincent d'onafrio....

because is reflected whay is happened in my mind when i have bad dreams when the night is coming....

i know is strange......

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de magnolila, postée le 2004-11-12 17:47:39 (S | E)
I just loved "The Joy Luck Club" a movie filmed by Oliver Stone based on an Amy Tan's novel.
I am also a French movie addicted, I loved Amelie, L'Auberge Espagnole, Le placard ...

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de claire1, postée le 2004-11-23 18:21:49 (S | E)
hello Rosminet
my favourite movie is Matrix(1) I like it a lot.then I like Almodovar's movies sus as "Talk about my mother "....
bye
claire1

-------------------
Edité par claire1 le 2004-11-24 17:34:10

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de selgan, postée le 2004-11-30 18:51:32 (S | E)
Hello every one.
My favorites movies are :
First (chonologically, but it was a youth mistake ;)) Star Wars.
More seriously I had loved 'le cercle des poetes disparus" (Don't know the English title, sorry), Dance with the wolves, Encounters of the Third Kind, The Schindler list, ET, Cocoon, The Wall...
By the way, what is there on TV tonight ? ;)

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de gewurz, postée le 2004-12-01 00:08:31 (S | E)
My favourite movie is "à tombeau ouvert" with Nicolas Cage. How these people manage to cope with despair, poverty and sadness... and continue helping people.

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de dangerousmind, postée le 2004-12-03 23:47:45 (S | E)
my favourite movie is "the deer hunter",it's about the vietnam war.

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de magic_mushroom, postée le 2004-12-21 17:38:51 (S | E)
My favourite film's Virgin suicides, when I saw it for the first time i felt... It's actually indescribale, can't explain it with simple words...

I also like Dancer in the Dark with Björk (so moving !), Requiem for a dream and so on.

magic_mushroom

" Shame on you for thinking you're an exception..."

Réponse: re:Favourite Movie de , postée le 2004-12-22 12:21:46 (S | E)
Hi
I'm aref i'm from Iran.
My favorite movie: Taitanic, james bond, love story,.....
favorite actors: Anil kapoor, Amitab bachchan,Shahrukh khan in Indian films, van damme, gary daniels, steaven seagal in american movies

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux