Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

The hen's letter
Message de jardin62 posté le 06-03-2005 à 21:00:47 (S | E | F | I)

FREEDOM
I am a Hen that is very sad. I am cooped up in a cage all the time. All I see is four walls a Roof and my feeding master. One night my feeding master forgot to lock my cage so I pecked at the cage door. I ran out as fast as I could over the cabbage patch through the orchard. I was Amazed how much more to the world there was. Then I came to a road. I ran across it. Just then a lorry came. I beat my wings as Hard as I could. I couldn't fly very well because I was a battery Hen. But sure enough I took off and landed on the back of the lorry. I looked pretty silly on the back of the lorry but I didn't mind; all I wanted was FREEDOM!
I whizzed along. I went through a long tunnel. I came out going 'cluuuuuuck cluck cluk' for about a minute, then the truck stopped for some gas. I jumped down and ran as fast as I could. There was snow so I was camouflaged. Then I saw something in a bush. It had its eyes fixed on me. Then I saw it was a fox. He opened His mouth licking His lips, Thinking chicken for breakfast. I started to flap my wings. I was off the ground. He pounced. He missed and Hit his head on a tree. Then I layed an egg. It fell and landed on the fox's Head. It went all the way down His front. I clucked to myself. But my feeding master caught me and now I am back in my cage. I keep dreaming of the world outside. Please help me. What can I do?

* I just wanted to participate to WOMEN's DAY.
* The question is 'What can I do?'

Réponse: The hen's letter de traviskidd, postée le 08-03-2005 à 18:32:22 (S | E)
Well, to start with, you can lay some eggs for me! I'm hungry!!!

Réponse: The hen's letter de jardin62, postée le 08-03-2005 à 19:15:44 (S | E)
I am afraid they won't be fresh enough for your "tomorrow's breakfast!" I will do my best.
MESSAGE to the WOMEN OF THE WORLD!
Once again, WE can see how selfish men are! Today's WOMEN'S DAY here, and all Sir traviskidd suggests is working for him (laying eggs, as he said...). As a consequence WE must realize that WOMEN have hard paths to walk along and a lot of demonstrations in view. (Fine, I know what to do when I am pushed out of my /"cage-classroom-like"/ "classroom-cage-like" (euh...is that correct? Sure it isn't!) ..Anyway I like walking, you can always hitch -hike and travel at the back of an American truck...and soon end in your cage again!

* How do you have your eggs at breakfast, over there?

-------------------
Edité par serena le 09-03-2005 11:29

Keep on trucking !!

Réponse: The hen's letter de traviskidd, postée le 09-03-2005 à 02:22:44 (S | E)
Hmm ... how can eggs be served ....

Off the top of my head I can think of (in no particular order): Scrambled, soft-boiled, hard-boiled, sunny-side-up, and poached.

Yummm ..... sunny-side-up eggs with bacon, grits, toast, a waffle, and some orange juice or hot chocolate (depending on the weather) ... ok now I'm REALLY hungry for breakfast!!! Too bad it's nighttime!

Réponse: The hen's letter de jardin62, postée le 09-03-2005 à 22:21:18 (S | E)
: p1

(I have a vision of myself 'trucking! while making omelettes for a starving travis')

Réponse: The hen's letter de serena, postée le 09-03-2005 à 23:09:24 (S | E)

Great Jardin ! As you see, this cage is not so depressing after all ! Cause men will always need us.
If ever they could put an end to their pride, things would go so nice and delightful !!

Now, I have the menu for my breakfast, tomorrow. Thank you Travis !

Réponse: The hen's letter de jardin62, postée le 10-03-2005 à 22:02:30 (S | E)
All I have to do then, is staying put in my cage, scrambling, frying, boiling, poaching eggs, dreaming of a truck-driver's love, and that's life!

* Now think! My mother who used to do 'hard' thinking , used to tell me that, first, I would never have a husband to peck because I didn't even know how to fry an egg, second, that real life wasn't in 'books', third, that anyway I could make every effort, I would never be as good as my elder brother. There! isn't that Women's Lib' ?
And you advise me to enjoy my 'Hobbit-hole'! I suppose you say so while sunbathing in the sun!
*Think twice!: Travis' -at this very hour- is probably having a little nap, 'cause I can't see him connected!
***Think 3 times : we are just recovering from a very severe period of frost here. ( It's not Finland, all the same...) What about a cage in the open air... air-conditioned, hey?
In the end, my feedin' master should never forget to lock the cage That's an advice for Him and the FUTURE! (God bless every single soul even the hen's if she has one. )

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux