Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

English only
All your questions about the English language, no French allowed.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

questionnaire about English people
Message de boss_ba posté le 02-04-2005 à 19:35:11 (S | E | F | I)

Hello !
I'm looking for English people to ask them some questions. It's for my school.

Here are the questions :

1 Introduce yourself ...
2 Where are you coming from ? ( in England )
3 What sort of stereotypes did you see concerning English people ? French people ?
4 Are stereotypes degrading exchanges between populations ? Are they sometimes real ?
5 Do you think English food is good ? What about the French one ?
6 Is there a good point ( quality ) that French people have, and English don't ?
7 What do (es)French people is use (d) to do in France, and should never do in England ?
8 What is the best place to go in England ?
10 What sport do we mostly play in England ?
11 Have you ever been in France ? where ?

If English people on this forum could answer, it would be marvellous !!!
Thank you very much.
-------------------
Edité par bridg le 02-04-2005 19:46
Question 9 retirée
-------------------
Edité par serena le 02-04-2005 20:17
What do you mean by "degading"?
-------------------
Edité par serena le 03-04-2005 04:10
Titre corrigé. Thanks Travis.
-------------------
Edité par boss_ba le 03-04-2005 12:27
degading -> degrading
-------------------
Edité par emy64 le 07-04-2005 08:48

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de ruofei, postée le 03-04-2005 à 01:30:57 (S | E)
7/ What do did French people used to do in France that they didn't / wouldn't do in England?
(talking about past regular happenings; no present form possible with 'used to do')
7/ What are French people used to doing in France that they aren't used to do/ never do/ never should do in England?
(talking about habits)

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de traviskidd, postée le 03-04-2005 à 03:11:55 (S | E)
The word is questionnaire, no change from French (except in pronunciation, of course ).

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de serena, postée le 03-04-2005 à 04:20:25 (S | E)
I didn't pay attention to the title.

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de boss_ba, postée le 03-04-2005 à 12:33:00 (S | E)
Thank you for the correction
Could anybody ( who comes from England ) answer this questionnaire ?

-------------------
Edité par emy64 le 07-04-2005 08:49

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de serena, postée le 03-04-2005 à 15:15:17 (S | E)
Hello Boss !
Be patient, someone will surely have a look at your topic.

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de swimminlee89, postée le 07-04-2005 à 04:31:49 (S | E)
Hello! I'm American, not English, but I wanted to respond to your questionnaire:
1. My name is Lelia. I am 15 and I live in Maryland.
2. French people stereotype: that you all are really skinny, chic, stuck up, and hate Americans. American stereotype: that we are rich, egocentric, fat, and boorish.
4. Yes, I do think stereotypes are degrading. Instead of generalizing about an entire country, people should try to learn about different cultures.
5. Food? In that, there is no contest--French food is better! Cheese, croissants, lots of fresh vegetables, wine, chocolate...your food is so good, and yet your country is not at all obese! It confuses many Americans, but I know why: French people walk and don't eat as much as Americans, although they enjoy their food more. In America, there is no real "American" food, unless you mean burgers and fries, but I am vegetarian and prefer salad. There are some lovely restaurants here. If you are traveling to England soon, I suggest you try Indian food, tea, and those little family-owned restaurants. I loved London, but the food was not that great.
6. Well, that question is almost stereotypical, but in general I think French people have the gift of enjoying life more than Americans or English people. From a distance it seems that you all eat better food, are less stressed, take more vacations, wear more beautiful clothes...
7. I don't see many French tourists in either country, but never talk to people about politics, don't try to drink in America unless you are 21...and basic etiquette.
8. Best place to go in England: London. While you're there, visit Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and the British Museum. Then take a day off to visit castles. In America there are no old, grand castles...I was amazed.
10. In England, I know, soccer is big--they call it football--and so is cricket (like American baseball), rugby, and other games. In America, we play soccer, American football, lacrosse, etc.
11. France? No, but I REALLY want to go.

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de boss_ba, postée le 07-04-2005 à 18:54:36 (S | E)
Thank you very much, swimminlee89

I 'm waiting for other answers

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de felin, postée le 10-04-2005 à 04:30:18 (S | E)
Hi boss

I have been living in London for 9 years nearly 10 years. I'm a British citizen.

3 What sort of stereotypes did you see concerning English people? French people?
English people seem to be cool and reserved, but they can be very kind and helpful in need. French people are more convivial.

4 Are stereotypes degrading exchanges between populations? Are they sometimes real?
They’re not but for some people it could be the case. People trend to act with the strangers according to what they hear about them. and this can be degrading for true relationship.

5 Do you think English food is good? What about the French one?
Well English food is not very good and not varied. While French food is excellent and also varied. I think it’s the best food in the world.

6 Is there a good point (quality) that French people have, and English don’t?
I can’t say that French people have something better than the English one. All over the world, we have good and bad people. And in a general view, every one has something good and useful to give to the others.

7 What do French people is use to do in France, and should never do in England
I don’t really know.

8 What is the best place to go in England?
I’d quickly say London! There’s Big Ben, Tower Hill, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus and many other places always full of people. You also have castles that make you feel you’re in the 18th century. Really wonderful!

10 What sport do we mostly play in England?
The most popular sports in England are Football and Cricket.

11 Have you ever been in France? Where ?
Yes, I have been several times in France because I have lots of friends who live there and my family as well. I visited some of the places in France: Strasbourg, Tours, Aix en Provence, Marseille, Lyon, Grenoble, Paris and more…. I liked these places very much. They are so warm and beautiful.

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de willy, postée le 11-04-2005 à 08:01:17 (S | E)
Hi !

Lien Internet

Cet article pourrait te donner des idées sur ton topic.

-------------------
Edité par willy le 11-04-2005 08:37

Réponse: questionnaire about English people de boss_ba, postée le 15-04-2005 à 20:07:26 (S | E)
Thank you very much Felin.
I wait for a last answer.

-------------------
Edité par boss_ba le 15-04-2005 20:08

Et merci aussi à Willy.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux