To go back to the exercise
Exercise "V - ing or infinitive", created by here4u (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 3 764 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 59.5 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): lilas53 / CANADA, on Monday 30 March - 13:12:
They got a perfect mark
Stats (3764 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 67.6 %
1) I had to ask the child (stop) *
Question 2 passed: 71.6 %
(make)* so much noise ; I couldn't hear what you were saying !
Question 3 passed: 54.9 %
2) Robert, I don't want (you - mention)* to our boss
Question 4 passed: 49.8 %
(I - arrive)* just in time for the meeting. That wouldn't be fair !
Question 5 passed: 54 %
3) I know you will pardon (I - say) * so
Question 6 passed: 62.5 %
but you keep (give)* us too many hard words
Question 7 passed: 62.5 %
(learn)* in English vocabulary.
Question 8 passed: 57 %
4) I appreciate (you - want- help)* my friend, but
Question 9 passed: 54.4 %
it's time he learnt (do)* his work alone.
Question 10 passed: 49.5 %
5) We didn't fancy (live)* in that house
Question 11 passed: 68.2 %
and regretted (move)* from our old one.
Question 12 passed: 42.9 %
6) I couldn't resist (ask)* him
Question 13 passed: 57.3 %
why he was trying (avoid)*
Question 14 passed: 57.8 %
Question 15 passed: 57.4 %
7) I advise you (wait)*
Question 16 passed: 59.1 %
Question 17 passed: 59 %
(accept)* the job.
Question 18 passed: 58.8 %
8) I did mind (Helen - talk)* so loud during my lecture !
Question 19 passed: 47.4 %
9) I can't understand (you - want - marry)* a girl like this one !
Question 20 passed: 57.8 %
10) Patrick can't understand (Mary - forget)* to give him the key.
Click here to go back to the exercise: V - ing or infinitive
Other exercises to learn English