To go back to the exercise
Exercise "Increase your vocabulary 1-3", created by here4u (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 2 379 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 59.5 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): coyote09 / FRANCE, on Friday 29 November - 03:36:
They got a perfect mark
Stats (2379 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 66.8 %
1) My friend Nigel has been in detention for 4 days. He was arrested for * driving.
Question 2 passed: 53 %
He's a salesman and his habitual and constant driving requires the greatest * and attention.
Question 3 passed: 53.7 %
When I sit next to him in his car, his * drives me mad. Yesterday, as Nigel was driving me to the station to catch my train to Brighton,
Question 4 passed: 73 %
I saw a group of kids on the side of the road. 'Be * !' I said. 'You cannot make assumptions with kids!
Question 5 passed: 68.3 %
They're too young to take * of themselves.'
Question 6 passed: 60.6 %
He replied *, visibly not interested in my remark ... Then, it happened! The car swerved, a kid was hit and sent to hospital.
Question 7 passed: 62.3 %
The little boy stayed in intensive * for 2 days. Now, he seems to be out of the woods,
Question 8 passed: 70.7 %
but I suppose Nigel will drive more * when they give him (hopefully or not!)
Question 9 passed: 63.5 %
his driving licence back ... in a year or two! Then, I hope he'll be very, very * !
Question 10 passed: 53.7 %
2) FORMING VERBS : - My jeans are too long! I'd like to have them (short)*.
Question 11 passed: 42.5 %
- Go back home quickly! The fog is thick and (thick)* so quickly, that it will soon be impossible to see the road to drive!
Question 12 passed: 51.4 %
- In the middle of the night, I knocked at my neighbour's door. His (deaf)* music was keeping me awake!
Question 13 passed: 55.3 %
- When Pamela heard that Paul was coming, her face (bright)* and
Question 14 passed: 60.1 %
her cheeks (red)* !
Question 15 passed: 62.8 %
- As he was suffering from solitude, he decided to (wide)* his circle of acquaintances.
Click here to go back to the exercise: Increase your vocabulary 1-3
Other exercises to learn English