To go back to the exercise
Exercise "V- ing or infinitive", created by here4u (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 3 344 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 60.5 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): svaletov / RUSSIA, on Thursday 11 April - 12:39:
"Great test. I've done it. Thank you."
They got a perfect mark
Stats (3342 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 67 %
What to do during an exam ! When I left home this morning, ready for my test, * to all the things that Mom, my best fan,
Question 2 passed: 57.5 %
had * :
Question 3 passed: 67.6 %
- '* a wide blank on the right hand side of your paper for your examiner to have enough space to correct what you wrote...
Question 4 passed: 68.3 %
* your name in the upper square on the right ;
Question 5 passed: 60.4 %
* to do so on one of my papers once...
Question 6 passed: 46.8 %
* the chapter you had skipped ?... Please ! Don't grumble !
Question 7 passed: 45 %
Have you already * me to remind you that you should work more ?... I'm your 'reminder' ! I'm your good conscience !
Question 8 passed: 48.1 %
Before writing on the exam paper, * a lot about the question you have to answer, make sure you understand it, and know what you want to develop...
Question 9 passed: 62.3 %
* a first draft on the coloured papers they'll give you.
Question 10 passed: 60.4 %
You shouldn't * your ideas, both logically, and chronologically.
Question 11 passed: 49.1 %
* from time to time to think about the logic of what you have already written.
Question 12 passed: 53.4 %
Don't * whatever goes through your mind at that moment...
Question 13 passed: 62.7 %
Then, and only then, * cautiously on your exam paper, being very focused and following the pattern you have built.
Question 14 passed: 61.8 %
When your essay looks correct to you, * it over calmly...
Question 15 passed: 56.2 %
You MUST absolutely * at least 20 minutes before the end of your exam... and read your text over and over again... doing what I call 'targetted proofreading'...
Question 16 passed: 66.8 %
* the whole text, then read with different 'targets', once for the tenses, once for your 'favourite' mistakes (we all have !) etc. Then, one last time for the fluency of your essay... Good luck ! I'm sure you'll pass !' ;0)
Click here to go back to the exercise: V- ing or infinitive
Other exercises to learn English