To go back to the exercise
Exercise "How to express consequence", created by here4u (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 6 088 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 56 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): lilas53 / CANADA, on Wednesday 07 August - 21:34:
They got a perfect mark
Stats (6088 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 58.9 %
1) He was * good pianist that everybody thought he was a professional. In fact, he wasn't !
Question 2 passed: 54 %
2) He was speeding and driving carelessly, * he was arrested by the police and fined.
Question 3 passed: 56.2 %
3) That lecture was too confused * understand anything. I gave up listening after twenty minutes.
Question 4 passed: 51.1 %
4) The young girl was * good singer that everybody had tears in their eyes.
Question 5 passed: 57.7 %
5) She didn't do what she had promised, and *, she disappointed everyone around her.
Question 6 passed: 58 %
6) If she had worn gloves, she wouldn't have left her fingerprints everywhere, * she wouldn't have been arrested .
Question 7 passed: 46.5 %
7) The air traffic controllers were on strike * many foreign lecturers arrived late at the symposium.
Question 8 passed: 52.4 %
8) He was whispering, * you had to be both silent and careful to hear what he was saying ...
Question 9 passed: 52.1 %
9) Young Marcel spoke with * everyone could hear he was from the South of France !
Question 10 passed: 48.1 %
10)The baby was sick when I had just changed him and was cuddling him. *, I comforted him and changed him entirely again and then, ... I changed myself !
Question 11 passed: 46.2 %
11) My sister didn't come to take me back home from hospital, * I had no other choice than manage by myself.
Question 12 passed: 50.2 %
*, I hired a taxi.
Click here to go back to the exercise: How to express consequence
Other exercises to learn English