To go back to the exercise
Exercise "Though/ in spite of ...Concession", created by here4u (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 26 683 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 52 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): icare29 / FRANCE, on Thursday 10 September - 18:54:
"thanks a lot for your good exercise"
They got a perfect mark
Stats (26682 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 63.1 %
He still remains really attached to his mother country : Italy, * he has lived in England for over 20 years, now !
Question 2 passed: 51.4 %
It is said that English people usually drink tea * American people prefer coffee.
Question 3 passed: 62.7 %
He had decided to take up the job, * he wasn't fully skilled.
Question 4 passed: 45.7 %
* he makes a lot of money, he can't make up his mind to buy that new car he's craving for.
Question 5 passed: 44.8 %
* his being rich, he's not generous at all to the needy.
Question 6 passed: 48.5 %
* he was suspicious about their real motives, he handed his papers to the policeman.
Question 7 passed: 49.9 %
* her anger, she finally decided to forgive the offense.
Question 8 passed: 36.7 %
No! Of course not! He isn't my cousin, * what he said... He's a stranger to me...
Question 9 passed: 49.9 %
* he insisted on my coming to see him, he wasn't there to welcome me.
Question 10 passed: 35.6 %
Yes! I'll help you correct your essay, but I won't give you the solutions *....
Question 11 passed: 40.1 %
Jim is small and thin, * his twin brother who is tall and fat.
Question 12 passed: 47.9 %
* she had told me not to go, I left without her permission! Naughty me !
Click here to go back to the exercise: Though/ in spite of ...Concession
Other exercises to learn English