To go back to the exercise
Exercise "Means, results : a synthesis...", created by here4u (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 1 160 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 56 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): icare29 / FRANCE, on Monday 27 May - 18:25:
They got a perfect mark
Stats (1160 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 97.3 %
You will have to rewrite the sentences given in the exercise, expressing the same ideas, but using the constructions rewiewed above. I know you don't like writing too much, and I've given you the different possibilities... Lucky You! e.g.0. The baby went to sleep. The young mom sang to him. >> *.
Question 2 passed: 81.2 %
1. I told them the truth because they frightened me. >> *.
Question 3 passed: 54.9 %
2. The soldiers went through the bushes. They crawled to the shelter. >> *.
Question 4 passed: 33 %
3. Stop it! If you drink too much, you’ll be sick. >> Stop it! * !
Question 5 passed: 57 %
4. --- The boy kicked the dog. The dog fell down the stairs. >> *.
Question 6 passed: 40.7 %
5. The little girl rubbed her eyes. She had difficulties to stay awake. >>*.
Question 7 passed: 52.9 %
6. He went to the South of France. He took the plane whereas she took her car there. >> * there.
Question 8 passed: 36.2 %
7. It is said that Milton became blind. Milton read too much. >> *.
Question 9 passed: 54.6 %
8. The anxious parents came into their newborn’s room. They walked on tiptoes to see that everything was normal. >>* to see that everything was normal.
Question 10 passed: 59.3 %
9. Tim intimidated Lucy. Tim didn't want her to drink alcohol.>> *.
Question 11 passed: 41.8 %
10. Patrick was so furious that he gave a kick. Patrick opened the door. >> Patrick was so furious that *.
Click here to go back to the exercise: Means, results : a synthesis...
Other exercises to learn English