To go back to the exercise
Exercise "Vocabulary: having a house built", created by here4u (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 8 035 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 89.5 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): djiba / USA, on Saturday 23 March - 18:54:
They got a perfect mark
Stats (8028 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 89.5 %
1. In this town, itís strictly forbidden to keep flower pots on * because they might be dangerous for passers-by.
Question 2 passed: 91.6 %
2. Jim, our neighbour, has just finished cleaning his garage *. They were full of dead leaves.
Question 3 passed: 88.8 %
3. Olivia was standing *, hesitating to enter and face her parents...
Question 4 passed: 77.1 %
4. ęPlease, Tom, stop jumping on the * every time you go down the stairs...Ľ
Question 5 passed: 87.6 %
5. I love * especially when they open onto a terrace or a garden.
Question 6 passed: 87.2 %
6. ęMy kneeís aching so much that I canít go * to the basement to fetch some wine for dinner.
Question 7 passed: 94.7 %
7. Itís so difficult for Kate and Paul to find the house of their dreams that they have finally decided *.
Question 8 passed: 94.8 %
8. Before building a fire, make sure that the * has been swept recently.
Question 9 passed: 89.4 %
9. Itís pleasant to sit out * on summer evenings in your rocking chair.
Question 10 passed: 89.4 %
10. The boys were playing ball in the garden when Kyle missed a shot and broke a *. His parents are furious and will make him pay for it.
Click here to go back to the exercise: Vocabulary: having a house built
Other exercises to learn English