To go back to the exercise
Exercise "Contemporary Archeology 2", created by baboune16 (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 199 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 66.5 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): bleuclair64 / FRANCE, on Monday 09 August - 07:31:
They got a perfect mark
Stats (199 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 66.8 %
* is the scientific method of dating tree rings to the exact year they were formed.
Question 2 passed: 73.4 %
The impact of the * has made this technique one of the most significant discoveries in study of prehistory.
Question 3 passed: 63.3 %
* is safe for use in public spaces; it detects metal or non-metal underground objects.
Question 4 passed: 53.3 %
* dating of calcite deposits was used in different Paleolithic caves;it provided a timeframe for the probable age of paintings.
Question 5 passed: 70.9 %
* dating has an upper age limit of 500, 000 years, defined by the half-life of thorium.
Question 6 passed: 53.8 %
* includes drawings, paintings, engravings and geoglyphs.
Question 7 passed: 66.8 %
* can be established for any object, especially if this object is subject to frequent changes and modifications.
Question 8 passed: 70.4 %
In archeology, the * method is used to date potteries and other heated materials.
Question 9 passed: 76.9 %
* is the residual magnetism exhibited by remains,used to determine their age and the former positions of Earth's magnetic poles.
Question 10 passed: 53.3 %
* isotope ratios are used to differentiate between local and non-local populations.
Click here to go back to the exercise: Contemporary Archeology 2
Other exercises to learn English