To go back to the exercise
Exercise "Placement test : grammar for beginners", created by lucile83 (a free exercise to learn English):
Results of the 5 686 371 people who have taken this test:
Average mark: 36.5 / 100 Share
Latest member with a 100/100 (perfect mark): madrane225 / IVORY COAST, on Saturday 28 January - 13:13:
They got a perfect mark
Stats (359055 candidates)
Question 1 passed: 68.8 %
1) Present simple, complete the sentences:She (go) * to school by bus.
Question 2 passed: 47.2 %
He (watch)* television in the evening.
Question 3 passed: 60.1 %
They (play) * football on Sundays.
Question 4 passed: 52.9 %
2) Turn into the negative form, without any contracted form: I like chocolate. => I * chocolate.
Question 5 passed: 29.4 %
He works hard. => He * hard.
Question 6 passed: 53.9 %
She is English. => She * English.
Question 7 passed: 36.3 %
3) Past simple,complete the sentences without any contracted form:She (go) * to London.
Question 8 passed: 40.3 %
They (play) * tennis.
Question 9 passed: 33.9 %
He (write) * a letter.
Question 10 passed: 24.3 %
4) Turn into the negative form, without any contracted form: She went to the market. => She * to the market.
Question 11 passed: 20.3 %
They began running. => They * running.
Question 12 passed: 23.5 %
He listened to the teacher. => He * to the teacher.
Question 13 passed: 36.3 %
5) Complete with a relative pronoun except -that-:He is the man * came yesterday.
Question 14 passed: 18.3 %
Do you know the book * I read last Sunday?
Question 15 passed: 32.6 %
The man, * is in the car, is my uncle.
Question 16 passed: 48.1 %
6) Complete with much or many:We can see * birds in the sky.
Question 17 passed: 40.2 %
There is not * butter left.
Question 18 passed: 46.5 %
He drinks too * alcohol.
Question 19 passed: 35.3 %
7) Complete with for or since:He has been waiting here * two o’clock.
Question 20 passed: 38.6 %
They have played football * two hours.
Question 21 passed: 31.9 %
They have been married * a long time.
Question 22 passed: 12.1 %
8)Complete with the adjective in the superlative.Don't forget the article. : This book is interesting. => This book is *.
Question 23 passed: 11.4 %
The blue dress is cheap. => The blue dress is *.
Question 24 passed: 10 %
That exercise is easy. => That exercise is *.
Question 25 passed: 33.1 %
9) Complete with the right preposition:He went * Australia last year.
Question 26 passed: 34.2 %
He has been living * London for ten years.
Question 27 passed: 32.7 %
She arrived * school late.
Click here to go back to the exercise: Placement test : grammar for beginners
Other exercises to learn English